Download & Discuss - AMD Radeon Software Crimson Thread (Beta7 November 2015)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Havel, Nov 24, 2015.

1. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Guest

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    the 290x has all active ports meaning you do not need active adapters not sure how you over looked something like that before buying the gpu it's the main reason i got a 290x

2. TonyTurbo

TonyTurbo Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 @ 1750/1180
    I'm finding this core clock fluctuations so frustrating. Constant up down up down up down in all games even when I'm nowhere near my fps cap. Sort this out AMD, do you even test bruh

3. Zemial

Zemial Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7970 @ CF

Exactly same here. Everything goes up and down when I play BF4. Million crashes allready. I did clean install, both Win 10 x64 and drivers, same S#(ยค(!!!

Otherwise colors and textures are somehow little bit better and I like the new control panel/center.

There is hope, but this is the last time when I buy CF system. Way too much pain and tears!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  4. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    I have seen a few reports now on our mobility board that the temperatures have gone up.

Nothing concrete yet on fan speeds.

5. fardeenah

fardeenah Guest

GPU:
    R9 270X 2Gb
    the fan bug is pretty serious and annoying! need fix ASAP

6. velocityx

velocityx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
    Apart from witcher 3 being weird in crossfire, that I mentioned earlier,

two things

I too, have the issue with fan control, its locking itself down to 25 and stays there. Not a deadly thing for me because I have a HG10+H60 combo on my setup and I set a fixed RPM on my radiator fans to be at when Im gaming, however I like to be in the 35% of the blower fan to be silent and cool the vrms on the HG10 so 25 is kinda not enough and 35 is still not bothersome.

Another weird thing. In BF4, I joined a server, I noticed its hardcore, I alt tab, pick a different one, 30 seconds later game froze, and I got a mantle crash ( usually it just blacks out with a keyboard sign in the right corner and map switches) but I noticed my GPU's had 0 usage for like 10 seconds. Every other game I joined later was fixed at 73 fps and my cpu and gpu usage was all 50 or so percent. Had to reboot to fix that. I wonder if I can reproduce this thing.

7. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    Yer something just doesn't seem right with the Fan speed....

Hmm

Needs someone who pays good attention to this to compare.

8. Illyrian

Illyrian Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4080 Aero
    I've always had that stupid crossfire hiccup every few 10 seconds, thought I would always have it, but that disappeared in the last 2 betas to my surprise, and I've had no issues with anything while using those, on top of getting great performance out of them.
    But now with Crimson I am getting another type of that hiccup where everything freezes for a split second, and it happens once every 30 seconds or so.. so I'm going back to the last beta

And not that I'm complaining but can someone explain to me why I am getting almost identical FPS whether I am on 1080p or VSR'd up to 4k ???
    So far I've tried it in games like Project CARS, Assetto Corsa, NBA 2K16, FarCry 4...

There should be a noticeable FPS drop, and I used to get it, but in these last 2 betas and the Crimson driver it literally makes no difference to framerates whether I'm playing the game in 1080p, or 4k.... doesn't make sense to me

9. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    not really.

there are 3 TDMS clocks on 290/390/fiji.

hense 3 leagcy ports.

7xxx/280 only had 2, which is why you need one active adapter to make 1x3 if one of your monitors wasnt DP.

10. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    At 1080p the CFX setup suffer AMD DX11 bottleneck, that make impossible to have high GPU usage on both GPUs.

At 1800p VSR (or using 4K in a 4K monitor) the higher res make the DX11 problem less important (relatively) and higher and more stable usage across CFX GPUs occurs.

I.e in Fallout is quite evident using AFR mode.

Edit: The performance problem is caused by the "distance" and "shadows" settings in games, "grass" quality also affects, anything that needs a lot of draw calls from CPU>DX11 bottleneck (API Overhead).

11. Szaby59

Szaby59 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega56
  12. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Nothing can beat 15.9.1's stability, I am stuck on 15.201.1151.1004, they are still the best overall.

13. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
  14. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I understand this is as an official AMD PR statement coming from an official AMD RADEON twitter acount.

What is difficult to understand is what this statement really means:

- Is there a real problem to be fixed in Crimson drivers?
    If this is true...Do you need to come back to previous drivers until hotfix is published?

- Is the only problem the "low fan speed reports"?

- What are the "selected" GPUs?

PR and politicians are so similar...they use to speak with empty meaning words.

15. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    If you are unsure back to 15.11.1.

If you want use Crimson set in MSI AB a fan monitoring schema.

16. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Yes i'm unsure specially after reading this official statement.

I came back to 15.11.1 i right after Agonist reported he had 2 died "in action" 290 who where under WB and using Crimson:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5198190&postcount=774

The possible fan problem in Crimson can't obviously be related to this as there is no fan profile to control from AB or Crimson.

So it'll be good to know if it's the only problem present (fan speed) or there is something more.

An official response of what is exactly the problem, his extend (GPU affected) and what we need to do until hotfix is published could be a good official statement in order to avoid a possible (or not) fried GPUs mountain.

:)

17. Szaby59

Szaby59 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega56
    Another Battlefront graphics bug, 15.10/11:

[​IMG]

Crimson Design:

[​IMG]

The first one should be the correct... :bang:

18. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    How it that possible? The crimson driver got released 5 days ago. Did one card die on the first day?

19. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    @Szaby59 Your gpu is probably melting with your monitor.

20. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Yeah i saw this too but with my strange GPU1 +80C temp when normally under load is max 50C (45C GPU0) i thought there is too much coicidence.