Download & Discuss - AMD Radeon Software Crimson Thread (Beta7 November 2015)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Havel, Nov 24, 2015.

1. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    No they're not heat/oc related artifacts, at least not in my case. I control fan speed with Trixx and monitor temps with AB and they (temps) were low when they occur.

2. vancook

vancook Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8 GB
    I am back with 15.11.1 and vsr work good with dota and othr games all run good no problems.

I hope amd fix soon the crimson drivers

3. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    1800p VSR for 1080p is just not the best match IMHO.

You get a less blurry image from an "integer" and "squared" number downsampling like 3840x2160 to 1920x1080 (pixels/4, 2ˆ2) than a fraction from 1800p to 1080p.

The perfect matching for VSR at 1800p (3200x1800) is 900p (1600x900) monitors but it's usually used in laptop some years ago.

I bet you could be able to play Dota2 downsampled from 4K or even 8K to 1080p when a new GfeDoSaTo will be released.

AMD x90(X) is enough to play not very graphic demanding games like DS1 who has no CFX at 8K downsampled to 1080p.

4. Biebo

Biebo Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    It's not the temps, already been confirmed multiple times.

5. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  6. randomizer

randomizer Guest

GPU:
    5600 xt Gaming OC
    Maybe it's me,

I tried the driver and only tested one game: Tomb raider 2013. I think the drivers are less bloated because now I can run the game a little smoother. Maybe it's me though... thinking it's faster...

I have AMD 5300 which is a very weak CPU. So any optimisation is felt straight away.

7. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Ouch!

If that's real it's a critical Drivers bug like the fan bug the 290X lightning had on launch with CAT 14.3 but this time it could be even worst been all AMD GPUs affected.

I'm covered here no fans (WB) and no Overdrive use.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  8. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
  9. mysteriously

mysteriously Guest

I played GTA VC without frame limiter at 2560x1600 on my crappy config and so far it is still alive :D I had >70 Celsius on the APU for sure, fan worked right :)
    silentpatch_11_vc + ddraw && Dx8 to Dx9 mod (enbconvertor) && widescreen_fix improves performance as well as hardware utilization
    However I manually installed only the driver + VSR mod of course :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2015
  10. Blacklash

Blacklash Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 470 4Gb
    Got that bug with my 7970. Auto fan control sometimes turns itself off with these drivers. When that happens the fans sets itself to manual 20% and stays there regardless of load. The driver defaults the 7970's fan to manual 20%, that's odd to begin with. Auto is usually default. Glad I caught it early.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015

11. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Maybe it's MSI AB but I have not had an issue with fan control. MSI AB has been completely regulating fans on my 290X. It's about the only bug I don't have.

12. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Do you get the Afterburner problem if you press "I accept" for Overdrive? I feel that that's what's causing it. I'm using Overdrive for all of my RadeonPro profiles, through RadeonPro, and it seems to work as always. I had to clean install Crimson though, because the fan control in it would reset to 20% manual ask the time :/

13. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    I did have 2 R9 290s die with using this new driver. Bother were water cooled though with AIOs, vram and vrm cooling, and the fans were working though. Each had a 120mm fan on them were around 60c when each died about a week apart.

14. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    No idea but I can confirm I am not using overdrive or even overclocking with MSI AB. I'm purely using it to monitor and run the fan. It also downclocks my ram for 2D because there is no damn reason to run my memory at 1250mhz just because of 2 monitors. 625 is plenty.

15. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    any one with an eyefinity setup here ??

16. vdelvec

vdelvec Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    These things are horrendous.

17. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    !!! I'm really worried. !!!

Your bad luck could be coincidence.

Right now my two 290X have very healthy temps at desktop: 29 and 31 Cº but yesterday i saw that while gaming my GPU0 has his usual 45 Cº under load but my GPU1 skyrocketed to 82Cº VERY far from his around 50 Cº normal temps!

I thought it was strange that the thermal pads on this GPU were "fried" after only 8 months of non intensive gaming usage but i simply disabled my usual 1150/1600 stable OC in the CFX to base LN2 clocks 1000/1250.

I ordered some thermal pads sheets of 0.5 and 1.0 and decided to don't think more about it until i receive them and re-seat both GPUs.

This could also be a coincidence.

There is nothing really special in Crimson for me who justifies i try my luck.

i don't believe in so much coincidences.

I'm back to 15.11.1 until this matter is crystal clear.

18. Wolfehunter

Wolfehunter Guest

Thats not funny. Few years ago my GTX 280 with nvidia they did that too. New driver release around april preping for the release of the 400 series all the old cards started frying. Nvidia driver locked out fan and caused many people without any program like MSI afterburner to burn cards. Afterburner saved those people cards back then. Those without where screwed. BUT Nvidia rma'd my card back then. But took 3 months and few tiers on there customer services to finally get that replacement. By then I switched to ATI for the first time. Haven't went back. Now to find out ati is doing it.. sheesh whats next intel video cards? Its shady business for sure. Forcing people to buy new cards. Sneeky.

19. N0bodyOfTheGoat

N0bodyOfTheGoat Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    Uninstalled Crimson and went back to the Windows Update WHQL driver, been getting some odd game crashes, which I put down to the fan staying incredibly passive when temps increase.

Fortunately I'm only running my new Nitro R9 390 at default speeds but with +50 power, those of you with overclocks could get serious damage, if your system suffers this fan control issue.

20. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    **** crimson edition.. rolling back to catalyst.. the crimson edition has potential but it needs more research.. the display port is ****ed, you cant use active dp to hdmi converter for eyefinity...