Dual GPU AMD Radeon R9 Fury X2 In Circulation ?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Dual GPU's are coming out waaayy too late to the party these days.

2. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Meh no dual gpu interests me with 980ti sli. Certainly nothing in the title of the thread at least.

3. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    The Fury has incredible scaling capability, but games have always been iffy with Dual GPU's be it a single card or 2 cards, Crossfire or SLi. Although there is only 1 DX12 game that supports dual video cards of any brand, that being ashes you can see how inadequate SLi is in modern times, using a nVidia card as primary and although you get a performance increase it's not that great, but reverse the cards to a Fury and a 980Ti and you get very good scaling, the lack of communication over the PCIe Bus really hurts the nVidia cards if they are used as master. I have been half tempted to pick up a fury but i think it better to wait, my R9 290 is still doing pretty good.

This card is clearly 2x Nano's stitched together and despite the limited power requirements i have seen someone test a Nano with watercooling and it's identical to a Fury X with lower power of course. To me these Nanos are hand picked binned GPU's where they can use lower voltage and thus runs cooler and needs less power.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Take a look at this Fury X scaling, it destroys 980ti's in they own game :

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015

5. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    There is AMD friendly game and bench where NVidia atomise fury too...

i know you are proud of your AMD :vader:... but you know...

sometime it's Red, sometime it's Green but at the end everything will be Blue...

6. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Is that a known dodgy website? I mean techpowerup, guru3d and other trusted sites would be much better proof.

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I know but HH does not have the time to do all this single/multi GPU game benchmarks over and over. He dont even have that much GPU's/CPU's to test.

Its still better than that Polish pclab hokum-pokum site.

8. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    http://www.*******.com/ubisoft-looking-assassins-creed-syndicate-sli-issues/

Seems even with the latest patch the game is broken with SLi, funny how crossfire is working flawlessly LMFAO! first for everything really, even funnier for being a "the way it's meant to be played" title. I had to look cause the nVidia cards got like 5% boost with SLi which is pretty low so did some digging and the game is broken on SLi.

9. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    I never, ever got FPS even close to what those benchmarks show from that website. They are always, always, horribly off.

10. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Currently it seems Nvidia has at least as much if not more trouble getting games to work with SLI in their drivers than AMD with CrossfireX and theirs. Nvidia has become much worse in the driver department this past year and AMD has improved somwhat. I'd say that right now, AMD's and Nvidia's drivers are pretty much on par. Some work better with some games, others with others.
    One also has to consider that there've als been lots of bad console ports lately where neither SLi nor CrossfireX works.

11. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Are we seriously going to sit here and cherry pick benchmarks again?

12. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Short answer: yes.

13. dwiewolverine

dwiewolverine Guest

GPU:
    Strix GTX 980 Ti SLI
    yeahhh..i agree with you bro..suck and s*it about fanboy:puke2:
    forum should be to share news-knowledge-experince,check another trusted review link for more good reference

14. Sifr

Sifr Guest

GPU:
    SLI GTX 1080
    Actually, the Titan Z was a dual Kepler card, so you could practically say it's the dual-gpu card of the 700 series.

15. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Seeing as crossfire/SLI support is getting dropped like flies I doubt its going to be much of a hit.

Not event talking about how 375W max is going to throttle this card to hell and back considering 1 Fury X already sucks up 250W.

16. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Why to discuss some benchmarks. Even upon release of Fury X we had this discussion.
    While Fury X with release drivers was far from perfect, CF in games which supported multi GPU properly gave nearly 100% boost.
    Fiji was doing in multi GPU better than any previous GPU AMD/nV released (in term of scaling).

//I am not saying that I have necessarily stronger graphical system than someone having 980Ti. Just that SLI vs CF equally measured shows that CF is currently bit better.
    (Even upon launch many were like, I want one GPU, so 980Ti, if I wanted 2 or more, then Fiji would be choice.)

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You never get close to 48fps with your "HD 7990" on V.High? If so then something is wrong with your system man.

18. Tronman

Tronman Guest

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    Everyone forgetting the 295x2 is a 500W card, why would AMD then limit this one to 375W. I'm going to call it here - they will release this as another 500W card above spec like last time. Throttling will be a non-issue like it is with the 295.

19. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    You misunderstood. Coming close does not exclusively mean coming close from below. I get framerates MUCH higher than what benchmarks from GameGPU show. They never were accurate for any game I have seen so far.

20. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Nano is what, 190W? Two of these here.