Download & Discuss - AMD Radeon Software Crimson Thread (Beta7 November 2015)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Havel, Nov 24, 2015.

1. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    There is somethjing strange.

What Catalyst version is GPU-Z and Afterburner reporting for you guys?

Here i see 15.8 and Crimson overview shows 15.11.

?¿?

2. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I think RadeonPro has an option for that per game but i'm not sure i don't use it a lot.

3. someonelikeyou

someonelikeyou Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 5500 XT
    What's the registry key responsible for "Scaling Mode" in the crimson panel? I changed it from Full Panel to Center and now there's no video when I boot

4. howzz1854

howzz1854 Member

GPU:
    dual Sapphire Tri-x R290x
    what you're showing is not the complete picture. the clocks will drop and rise according to load yes. but what we're talking about is the max clock is stuck at 3d mode. for example, my 290x comes at 1020 core and 1350 memory, those are the stick operating frequencies. depending on the load, the memory and core will rise to 1020/1350 max. but if you have separate 2d/3d profiles setup like i do, 850mhz for core and 1000mhz for memory for 2d mode (ie. watching videos, and desktop environment). the GPU is suppose to sense that you're no longer in a game, and drop the profile back down to 2d mode. the gpu will only rise itself to 3d mode when it senses that there's request/call for Direct X or OGL related 3d tasks. prior to Crimson, all was fine. but with Crimson, it seems the UI is working none stop in the background and requesting DX3d all the time causing the GPU to be stuck in 3d mode 24/7. to top it off, the R2xxx series tend to be very sensitive in clock modulation that it spike to its peak clock and back down very very rapidly and very very often, like 100 times per hour, which is another reason why some people would setup 2d/3d profile for their setup.

5. howzz1854

howzz1854 Member

GPU:
    it's a personal choice. i think AMD needs fix their Crimson UI in a way that it's not constantly requesting 3d rendering, which is why some people are seeing OSD in crimson, because Afterburner OSD sense the Direct X 3d request and displays OSD.

i might try install the crimson again when i get home to see if i can get my most annoying problem of in-game screen Flicker to go away, but if not, i might roll back again to 15.7.1, which is what i am on at the moment, after last night trying to get crimson to work.

i just don't think AMD fully tested crimson to a wide extend.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  6. howzz1854

howzz1854 Member

GPU:
    all this is very confusing. i think i might just go home and try installing Crimson again and see if i can tweak a few more settings to get the flicker to go away. if not, i'll roll back down to 15.7.1 again, which seems to be working regardless MSI AF 14.1 or 14.1.1

7. vancook

vancook Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8 GB
    this driver need a hotfix please amd fix soon !

wheree is mode edge antiliasing in this driver ?? dont have no?

8. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    I installed Crimson the day it was released, downloaded right off from AMD's website.

Uninstalled 15.11.1 Beta from Control Panel first, then ran the latest DDU available in safe mode, and then did Ccleaner and Glary Utilities' deep registry fix before I installed Crimson in normal mode.

So far it's been working okay. The only issue I have come across so far is that the overdrive function used by RadeonPRO no longer works.

Edit: Saw something really concerning. My fan speed was locked on to 28% in my Global Overdrive profile. That couldn't have been very good for my GPU had I not noticed it.

9. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB G1
    Why 15.7.1 to be exact ?

10. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Disabling crossfire through game profiles is working for me in Crimson, just tried with Saints Row 3. RadeonPro also lets you do this per app.

I really like how it detected all of my Steam games. It didn't detect my Origin or Uplay games though. No love for Ubisoft or EA I guess, can't really fault AMD for that though. :)

Yes, I haven't tested Shadow of Mordor yet but I did see it in Saints Row 3:

[​IMG]

I'll send this to AMD, as well as the Fallout 4 compass glitch that others have also reported.

edit:

Ok, so I saw the same in Shadow of Mordor. Bottom left of the pic below.

[​IMG]

edit 2: sent report to AMD.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015

11. howzz1854

howzz1854 Member

GPU:
    no particular reason. 15.7.1 was the last driver i was on that was functioning properly. you're more than welcome to try others.

12. Mercennarius

Mercennarius Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Tri-X R9 390X
    Possible fix for CNext.exe error on the new drivers:

navigate to the folder:
    C:/Program Files/AMD/CNext/CNext

Right click on the CNext.exe file and go to properties. Under the security tab make sure all the permissions are set to allow under all groups/users listed. I did this and SO FAR have not had any more issues with the CNext.exe error popping up at restart/shutdown.

13. DarkShinobu

DarkShinobu Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380x G1
    Im using an old card but i can confirm there were artifacts in Shadow of Mordor, i also had issues with the Vram clock, i was doing the normal OC i do to my old card, but after i applied the setting to 1250mhz, it just stays there all the time, doesnt matter if it was idle or load...and it was fixed only by restarting, so i had to rollback to 15.9.1, cuz 15.11 and 11.1 was doing the same for me...

14. Pinky Floyd

Pinky Floyd Member

GPU:
    Fury Nitro
    Just to say that I have an r9 390 and my core clock is all over the place too. Especially in Fallout 4 as the game needs locked to 60fps otherwise it breaks. I tried an AB profile but that made no difference. Usually see the core clock bouncing around between 5-900mhz depending on the area.

This isnt related to vsync as am simply using the frame rate limiter in Crimson to limit the game to 60fps. I have tried vysnc though.

15. zhalonia

zhalonia Active Member

GPU:
    r9 290 4gb
    im having artifacts aswell in star citizen aswell as gta v also it seems my fans do not follow the profile i have in MSI ... gosh i hope this get's fixed soon ! if there is a fix let us know tyvm

16. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Is there a way to disable overdrive? It's screwing with afterburner.

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Isnt the overdrive disabled by default?

18. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I was replying to this that you said

I think it'll be stuck on 15.8 now.

19. mad4

mad4 Member

GPU:
    Dedicated
    After some artifacting and other fans going higher than normal,in gta,thats exactly what i found to be the case here too,fan was locked to 24% and 85 degrees.Changing the value doesent help,next restart its back to fixed 24%,that could in some cases give a very unfortunate outcome.

Makin profiles gives other issues,FRTC gets messed up,and the values all wrong when testing.

Also got problems with it conflicting with AB it seems.

Driver itself working fine for me,but that new controlpanel is just one big mess.Havin wasted enough time on that now,i just run the crimson driver with the old catalyst controlpanel,works for now.

20. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    No, it's already running and you cannot disable it. At least i didn't find a way to do it.