Download & Discuss - AMD Radeon Software Crimson Thread (Beta7 November 2015)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Havel, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    So far this driver has been pretty good.
    With one exception. I'm having a huge performance loss on Endless Legend, in OpenGL.

Has anyone had any problem with this game or with any other OpenGL game?

2. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Guest

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    so went through my entire game library and tested this driver and i get a good boost in almost all games 10/10

3. adypop

adypop Guest

GPU:
    hd7970
    Artifacts on display, amd crimson windows 10 x64 asus r9 290x matrix platinum.I can not use drivers

4. AQUILES

AQUILES Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    AMD removed the support for all GPUs not GCN. So your laptop is no longer supported.
    And mine either :bang:

"Thank you" AMD :mad2:

5. rodrigoxm49

rodrigoxm49 Active Member

GPU:
    r9 380 4GB
    But nVidia drivers always allow custom resolution.

I have a 1080p panel and could play on nVidia cards with almost any resolution. 2560x1080, 4k, etc.

Now looks AMD is trying to allow the same thing, but it's just not working properly.

6. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    The problem is Qt libray including Qt5Qml.dll,thats why cnext.exe crash.I try to update the library to 5.5.1 from Qt site but not a chance,gives me error.

The only solution is to disable cnext(with ccleaner or else) to launch at logon.
    And if you want to access settings just right on desktop and launch Amd Radeon Settings. After that just kill cnext.exe from task manager.

In short dont let cnext.exe to launch at logon,because you will have crash from Qt library.
    I dont know if this happend only in Win7.

Maybe later Ill try to install again this driver without new interface,only classic CCC.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  7. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    Another user has reported an issue with SOMA on our leshcatlabs board. User has a 7xxxm mobility card.

Much lower performance.

8. Parideboy

Parideboy Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 Gaming 8 GB
    AMD allows it in windows settingd. The settings in amd panel are probably still in testing

9. buhzy

buhzy Member

GPU:
    Msi rtx 2070 super
    don't have freesync and the core clock with crimson keeps going down and up

went back to 15.1.1 and the core clock is solid again

i am a bit disappointed thought i liked it but the performance is horrible

10. toxzl1

toxzl1 Guest

GPU:
    Asus 390X Strix
    I am having several issues with this driver.

The first time i installed them i received a black screen during installation so i had to restart my computer, but they were already installed, so i tried 3dmark and in the second benchmark i received a blue screen "thread stuck in device manager", i never had this problem before. I ran it a few times, it happened again. Also, everytime i restarted my computer nothing happened and i had to manually restart it...

After having all this issues, i did a clean install, but another problem appeared, it seems somehow i have a FirePro video card and no video driver is installed when i try to open the crimson software... I did 10 clean installs and none worked, same issue.

I downloaded the right software.

I rolled back to 15.11.1 and everything is working good.

I have 2 x Asus 290X Matrix Platinum 4GB

Someone is having the same problem?

Thank you!

11. toxzl1

toxzl1 Guest

GPU:
    Asus 390X Strix
    I can't install it on my 2x290x matrix platinum... it always install unsuccessfully :S

12. xacid0

xacid0 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    Happened to me in Dota 2 today. Average 80fps-90fps and clock speed around 900mhz+ but everything was fine yesterday with 130fps-140fps average and constant 1040-ish clock. :3eyes:

13. Luraziel

Luraziel Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 270X Xfire
    The drivers for me in general work great. the software suite works very well and is overall very responsive. my biggest issues are with Shadow of Mordor.

there is some display corruption that is constant in SoM in the upper left hand area of the screen (always there but I reported that one. and the other issue is that I cant seem to find a driver that will stop the stupid "display driver removed or reset" error. it's essentially a TDR when i'm playing for so long and usually happens when i've shot an arrow and let go of the right mouse button.

14. Weekend

Weekend Guest

GPU:
    1660 S
    That was the first game I tested the new driver with it. I must say no problems at all, in fact the game was super smooth and I did a test of speed challenge.

though must say, I did a clean up before installation with amd cleanup utility. (not ddu)

15. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I think I found out what the problem is, at least with Endless Legend.

In OpenGL, wich is the default render mode, the gpu runs at 700/750Mhz. The normal speed is 1040Mhz (R9 390)
    If I force DX11 mode it runs perfectly.

16. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000

That is fairly interesting. Thank you for the information!

Maybe a workaround for games that cannot be forced to use DX11 is to use Afterburner.

17. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090

Do you have eyefinety? I only have the downclocking in 5K and maybe it could be related with superhigh res. or -signal bandwidth to the screen, halting the GUP's?

I'll fill in a ticket to at least let AMD know, so hopefully it won't last for months :bang:

18. Mercennarius

Mercennarius Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Tri-X R9 390X
    I get the same CNext.exe error in Windows 10 as well.

19. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    cnext.exe can crash when removing profiles too.

20. Johannah

Johannah Guest

GPU:
    TUF 3090
    Im asking for a friend who got a R9 Fury card, she installed these drivers and apperently the card doesnt boost up to 1000mhz anymore in World of Warcraft, but the card stays around 5-700mhz making it so the fps drops to 29.9 at some places.

Before these drivers there wasnt any problems, and since Ive never owned a AMD card I cant really help her.

Maybe someone here knows how to turn off what ever feature thats making the card not boost up to max speed all the time.