Download & Discuss - AMD Radeon Software Crimson Thread (Beta7 November 2015)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Havel, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Right, thanks Unwinder :)

2. biggyca

biggyca Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    PLS HELP!
    So I overclocked my gpu from 1075 to 1150mhz and memory clock from 1200 to 1400mhz. I'm not sure is this normal because core clocks arent stable, but when i had older gpu(hd6750- core clock was always stable at 700mhz). This is the video from Hitman: Absolution https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VoOudpZBQM . Any help would be appreciated. Even with stock clocks (1075/1200) clocks are jumping. My specs: CPU: AMD Athlon x4 3.6ghz OC GPU: ASUS r7 260x 2gb OC MOBO: ASRock gs3 UCC RAM: 8gb 1600 HDD: 500Gb AMD Driver: Crimson 24.11.2015

3. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Guest

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    not had a single issue with clock jumps for any game all is well

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    So, how do i force all of my games to have ShaderCache? Do i need to make profile for every game i want to use it?

5. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    This is may or not may help people or they may not want to do it. I was having the same problem with my r9 290x crossfire locking the 2nd card to 150/300.

MSI AB does not work yet, I do remember in the past that AB has had to be updated when major drivers changes are released for it work properly. Currently I am using HIS Iturbo 4.6 It overclocks with no issue.

I went through through the registry and and the manually changed the enableulps to 0

Lastly this is the kicker, using the official released downloaded from AMD would keep the cards locked. So I went back used the new DDU uninstalled.

Now I installed the leaked Crimson from a few hours previously...did the above enableulps 0 and all works as it should.

Maybe someone having these issues might want to try and see if that fixes it for them as well.

6. JohnnyK

JohnnyK Guest

GPU:
    2*7950 3GB @ 950/1250
    In the Games tab there are the individual game settings and a global settings icon.

7. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Once again the same solution I just posted to the lock clocks, worked for me for this. I play an MMO that does not have a profile, no matter what I did in the official release it would not create it. Once I rolled back to the leaked set it works perfect and created it for this 1 game that has no profile.

8. littlecx

littlecx Guest

GPU:
    7970m
    finally switchable graphic's zero core is working on windows 10 again with this driver

9. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Which .dll files from 15.11 do we need to copy into the Battlefront folder exactly?

10. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I am using MSI AB without issues with the Crimson drivers btw :eek: I actually had zero issues with these but then again one card.

11. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
  12. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Thanks AMD for really quick UI on new Radeon software, and I hope you will incorporate all the other settings in it like good old video settings and such.
    But there are a few problems, when overclocking the memory on my Asus 7870 the clock always stays, it want come down from 1250MHz to 150MHz like always, it stays at maximum all the time. And just after starting GTA 5 or MadMax after few seconds I got this:

[​IMG]

13. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    Yeah, that helps with some problems.

Btw Crossfire People, if you add a game profile, and set Crossfire to deactivated, does that work for you?
    In my case i have to deactivate Crossfire globaly and not on a per app basis -.-

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Anyone with the clock bouncing running FreeSync ?, as could be the cause, someone disabled FreeSync, and their clocks locked correctly, no bouncing.

15. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Thank you very much!

While the lighting issues on the ice cave map and menu corruption are fixed with the 15.11 DLLs, the game's performance is worse than with the Crimson 15.11s, with serious hitching and stuttering caused by severe framerate drops as well as audio crackling going on whereas with the Crimson ones the gameplay remains at smooth 60 FPS even on Ultra. If there only weren't these glitches in the ice caves and menu corruption, though...

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015

16. putino

putino Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD Radeon 8970M / 4gb
    The official release (link from AMD) is WHQL certified already.

17. Parideboy

Parideboy Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 Gaming 8 GB
    The second one is connected with hdmi on the gpu and the first one with vga on motherboard. The same monitor is connected twice.

I have this setup because sometimes the gpu just crashes (I do overclock :D ) and i just switch display without rebooting the system.

I tried to remove the vga cable, but the situation doesn't seem to change.

BTW my monitor sucks, so it's ok if it doesn't support higher resolutions that the ones it was designed for.

Do you guys feel lag when tweaking the refresh rate?

18. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Does disabling FreeSync work for you?

19. lycanwrath

lycanwrath Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX480 8GB ref
    For me its the first driver on windows 10 that mantle works in Bf4
    Performance seems great as well.

20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Not tested as don't have them on, someone not running FreeSync, is also getting the clock bouncing though, so it can't be that :(