Download & Discuss - AMD Radeon Software Crimson Thread (Beta7 November 2015)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Havel, Nov 24, 2015.

1. toxzl1

toxzl1 Guest

GPU:
    Asus 390X Strix
    I am having several issues with this driver.

The first time i installed them i received a black screen during installation so i had to restart my computer, but they were already installed, so i tried 3dmark and in the second benchmark i received a blue screen "thread stuck in device manager", i never had this problem before. I ran it a few times, it happened again. Also, everytime i restarted my computer nothing happened and i had to manually restart it... so i decided to turn CSM ON and the restart worked again... WEIRD.

After having all this issues, i decided to make a clean install, but another problem appear, it seems now i have a FirePro video card and no video driver is installed when i try to open the crimson software... I did 10 clean installs and none worked, same issue. I downloaded the right software.

I rolled back to 15.11.1 and everything is working good.

I have 2 x Asus 290X Matrix Platinum.

Someone is having the same problem?

Thank you!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  2. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx - Neo G9
    Shankly, trust your feelings...

Sorry, couldn't resist :p

3. rodrigoxm49

rodrigoxm49 Active Member

GPU:
    r9 380 4GB
    Thanks man!!! I'm not stupid, I've been always doing these things by myself, but now I have no idea what to do.

4. Azuruw

Azuruw Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 6520G2 2.5GB
    Wasn't able to even install driver (with install manager), had to mod the main .inf even through the other .inf have my card listed (Dual HD6480G + HD6470M in switchable graphics mode), then after that had to manually install every single package (since install manager wouldn't install anything but the HDMI Audio driver), and now I have both amd radeon settings and Catalyst control center (and also the lite catalyst control center), so, when I open AMD radeon settings I am missing the display and switchable graphics settings (but have the video and 3d settings), and if I open Catalyst Control Center (Not from AMD radeon settings but from startup list) I get Switchable Graphics settings and Display settings.

also (as expected) in AMD Radeon settings the Virtual Screen Resolution is disabled as not supported, but in Catalyst Control Settings I got a new Display Option called Custom Resolutions (as I remember it wasn't there in older catalyst versions), I tested it and it allowed me to go to a custom resolution (just to be safe I tested 640x480 60hz since that resolution is not avaible by default) and it worked, have other HD6xxx owners got this option???

EDIT: With a 1920x1080 monitor I tested 1920x1200 and it works
    EDIT 2: nevermind, it doesn't work with 1920x1440 (the monitor gets out of range)

5. Spartakush

Spartakush Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 @ 1150/1500
    For those of you who are having issues with cards downclocking during gameplay, I would recommend using MSI Afterburner in Unofficial overclocking mode (and perhaps also disable ULPS). Just make 2 profiles, 1 with maximum clocks for gaming and the other at lowest clocks for general stuff (browsing, etc). It should work as a temporary fix, I've always used AB this way and I'm not having any issues.

Also, did anyone notice that the beta driver was worse performance than the official? I tested on AC: syndicate and FO4 and both had terrible fps on the beta 7 driver. I used DDU too :O

6. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Oh, guys, this is the new logo for the drivers right?
    [​IMG]
    Couldn't resist :D
    If you don't know what that image is, it's the album cover for In the Court of the Crimson King by King Crimson

Ontopic, anyone finding eyefinity broken? I just tried it out of curiosity and it just wont work properly now, it can't set the resolution I'd like it to be nor does it make the group properly. :/

7. xecuter116

xecuter116 Guest

GPU:
    MSI R7970 Crossfire
    Double post

8. Mustang104

Mustang104 Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 3080 RTX
    Not if you're using an R9 380, it still hangs when loading the sim up (had to use older .dll injection method to make it work)

9. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
  10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I used to have to do that on my 290, as the core kept going up and down on that too, but it doesn't work on my Furys, when i go unofficial overclocking mode, the core and memory sliders just read as 0, have to leave it on disabled to show correctly, and i can't OC, as when i change the power/core/memory sliders and apply, it doesn't change, doesn't do anything, just stays at idle, 300 core, 500 memory.

11. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    For me at least, games need to be in the profiles list for AppData\Local\AMD\DXCache to be populated.

12. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Not the case here. I deleted all profiles but only a handful of games have shaders cached.

13. SlazsH

SlazsH Guest

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Trio X
    Is this driver showing up as 15.8 WHQL via GPUz/MSI AB for you guys as well?

14. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Cant get any custom resolutions to work. Even just trying to use 2560x1440 for testing purposes. I have a 21:9 2560x1080 LG.
    I wanna get 3440x1440 to work even if its at 40hz instead of 60hz.
    VSR is completely disabled.
    I just did order an LG freesync 29 2560x1080 monitor though.
    I do appreciate AMD making the effort and getting us stuff we really want, but the lack of 21:9 vsr sucks :(

15. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    I think that install of Crimson conflicted with something. So about 100 installs later it seems to be running better. I'm gonna re run the bench later. I never could get afterburner to work right in crossfire with these drivers though, so I have switched to HWinfo64 for monitoring, and TRIXX for fan control. Seems to be working alright now though.

16. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I wonder why. If while you have no profiles, delete the cache, does it get created again if you run a game that supports caching? Even if there is no profile for it?

I also found an interesting file. The location is

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\AMD\CN\gmdb.blb

The file can be read and opened just fine with Notepad++.

17. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Good point about HWinfo64 for monitoring.

I guess you do it because AB monitoring can disturb performance (by the hook) even with OSD disabled.

Can you explain how you use it to monitor GPU values like FPS?

I'm never thought to use it for this kind of monitoring.

:)

18. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    RadeonPro or Reshade or Razer Cortex.

19. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    This is interesting too.

Code:
    C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\cn.blb
    It seems temperamental actually. Alien Isolation was caching before without a profile, but not now...

20. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I checked and whenever a game exists as a profile with the Cache turned on, it will always create a file. Otherwise it's either nothing or a complete hit and miss for me.

EDIT: I wonder if the file you posted in combination with the hit and miss shader cache creations, means that games are now recognized by install path and not by having a background agent checking for .exe running...