Fallout 4 Performance Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by RexOmnipotentus, Nov 9, 2015.

1. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    I'll be damned...

[​IMG]

2. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    @THEFOOL, bro...do you understand why we using the same save file? To measure the results. If you upload a picture with your FPS # at NOT EXAC same time and three-dimensional coordinates and view angle it will not matter...we can't measure the differences ;)

3. THEFOOL

THEFOOL Guest

GPU:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    I really don't know how else can I be even more precise in the description and guidance of what you needed to do exactly...so we can compare IT to OUR results...

Read my lips:

- Set everything on ULTRA*, GR on Low;

'SAVE FILE' Download Link | Very "hot"

click on image to full size
    [​IMG]

- Load this** ^^;
    - Don't move your mouse after load;
    - Take a screenshot;
    - Upload.

PS. * - meaning: default ULTRA settings, no tweaking; ** - exac this save file provided.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015

5. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 XT Red Devil
  6. THEFOOL

THEFOOL Guest

GPU:
    ^^
    :)

[​IMG]

+ Mod VOGUE ENB

1920 1080

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    15.11 25 fps

[​IMG]
    15.11.1 beta 26 fps

[​IMG]
    Open HT i7 4790K 27 fps

NO Mod
    [​IMG]

i7 4790k 4.4Ghz 4 Core + HT Ram 16 GB DDR3 2133 R9 380 4 GB

[​IMG]
    32 FPS

[​IMG]
    +MOD Config 49 FPS

:banana:

7. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    I'm glad you finally get it. Let's see how well...

8. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    Cheers!

9. DavidGX

DavidGX Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Fury X
    Sure would be nice if that image host actually worked...

10. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Sure it does it just takes forever. Few fps difference there. Near 50 is a lot tho.

11. ohmerx

ohmerx Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 290 Tri-X
    Hey can I ask where this number come from ? because I downclock my cpu from 3.8Ghz to 2.8Ghz and i lost exactly 5 fps :)

The prediction was true [​IMG]

12. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Wow...i5-760 Lynnfield. A Unicorn!

...we should catch it!

13. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI

Toss that VOGUE ENB Preset in the trash bin.. It does nothing and will never do anything until Boris actually codes graphic effects into his ENB. All the person did was take a Skyrim or Fallout NV ENB preset and try to use it on Boris's current Fallout 4 ENB binaries which are basically barebones at the moment. It only has a fake light fix and a memory patch and that is it. So.. You are wasting your time with that Vogue preset until there is support for it and that may not happen for a very long time. It really blows my mind that you actually think there are ENB effects present in your game when there clearly is not and cannot be. Your only graphic options that will work for now are Reshade/sweetFX files and that's it.

As for Draw calls. If anyone here is using ENboost 283, you can see how many draw calls there are by opening the UI with shift+F12 and looking. One moment the draw calls are 2500-3000 and 60fps and the next they jump to 8000+ and your fps dips. It's the shadow distance that is killing it for the most part. I haven't seen anyone mention Shadow Boost by Alexander Blade "Boris also helped him code it". Alexander was one of the very first people to make a mod that gave a really great performance boost in Skyrim very early on. Then the Bethesda devs went and used his idea.. Anyways, here is a link to Shadow Boost. It dynamically changes shadow distance based on your FPS and it works pretty well to your fps from crashing "its not perfect but not bad either". Leave the config files alone and just drop them in your game folder. If you must mess with the max fps, set it to 50. Setting it to the max refresh rate of your monitor will cause it to bug out.

SHADOW BOOST FOR FALLOUT 4 http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1822/?

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Well now imagine i5 6600k oc'd to something like 4.5Ghz+ with 2133Mhz+ ram? With nice ipc improvement on Skylake, it would help alot.

15. ohmerx

ohmerx Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 290 Tri-X
    Flying Unicorn I Should say ^^

I'm waiting AMD next architecture processor to change , but for now the unicorn do the job (especially with the oc)

16. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Waiting for Zen too. q3 16, right?

17. ohmerx

ohmerx Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 290 Tri-X
    Yea and hoping like never before, after the amd cpu (game performance) stagnation for years.
    And same for the GPU , but I was weack for this one i was fine with my 7950 until my new freesync 1440p monitor came and force me to buy a 290.....

18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Is your 7950 really at 1200 on the core? If so its around the same performance as my 280X 1150. There is like 5% difference between Tahiti pro and Xt on the same clock.

I was so eager to upgrade to R9 390 but somehow after seeing all this im gonna wait little bit more.

19. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    All of what? In most games AMD cards work just fine. It's just in the CPU heavy games that it starts to get annoying. And oh boy, is Fallout 4 annoying sometimes.

20. ohmerx

ohmerx Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 290 Tri-X

Sorry i didn't update my profile yet , but the screenshot with my fps was with my new 290 , but yea my 7950 was running 1200 on the core.

I Agree with you wait a little bit more is a good choice .
    I only take a 290 because It was a correct deal (200€) and because I needed a freesync card to test my screen firmware about an issue with freesync and "screen overdrive" to rma it soon as possible ( http://linustechtips.com/main/topic...-freesync-fix-users-expected-to-pay-shipping/ )

I think you can easely make one more year with your 280x especially if you play on 1080p.