Fallout 4 Performance Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by RexOmnipotentus, Nov 9, 2015.

1. dasa2

dasa2 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 290@1200 MCW60
    its possible since 2133 is at the edge of what sandy imc can handle
    ahwell just tighten up the primary timings and tRFC as much as you can :)

2. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Good ;):p

3. I have the same problem with mine. I managed to get it to 2000 Mhz though. Same timings as previously. Might want to try that.

4. dasa2

dasa2 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 290@1200 MCW60
    just swapped from 2600k to 3770k and found those extra ram speed settings for 2000\2200 but they are not there for sandy its 1866 or 2133 + whatever bclk you can get from it
    my problem is the maximus v gene wants to run 1.36v + at stock so it needs a large negative 0.18v offset when overclocked and it has trouble posting giving memory error 55 on post if i take the ram over 1.5v which i had up to 1.85v 8-10-10 2133 in sandy (samsung chips)
    ah the wonders\frustrations of overclocking

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015

5. guerrilla

guerrilla Guest

GPU:
    Crossfire Sapphire HD6870
    2gb on each card

6. OneB1t

OneB1t Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X@R9 390X 1050/1325
    simple use "process hacker" and look for thread which have 100% load :)
    windows scheduler is hidding this behaviour so you cant see it normally in task manager

7. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    hmm why would the amd 8350 gain more frames @ ddr3 1333 than ddr3 2400?

wonder if some of my stutters come from the ram being at the edge of the cpu's capabilities i have ddr3 2400

will have to see for myself ...

8. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Guest

GPU:
    Like others, I've noticed a few select spots where FPS tanks due to CPU usage. By just moving a little, the giant dips are gone, so it isn't a game breaking bug IMO. Probably need to report it to them to get them to check these spots.

(No spoilers)

Here is the worst one on my side. 10% Usage @ 15FPS
    http://imgur.com/LPehxac
    [​IMG]

Another one in the same general area (probably the same uGrid, loading the same unoptimized or buggy item). 63% @ 17FPS
    http://imgur.com/fQRldMf
    [​IMG]

Typically the more intensive scenes run pretty well.
    http://imgur.com/B2qcJeL
    Full usage @ 46FPS

Generally speaking, two cores will be maxed, with some additional load generated on others (notice the dropoff on activity across the board after I tabbed out). My CPU is clocked at 4.3 RAM at 2400.

9. Zweite93

Zweite93 Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 290X Core Edition
    So I overcklock my ram from 1333mhz to 2133mhz on 10-11-11-28 timings and now get 58 fps in this place.
    [​IMG]

10. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    no 21.9 support, no buy lol

11. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
  12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Quite a boost in performance just by overclocking your ram, nice.

13. CrunchyBiscuit

CrunchyBiscuit Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti
    I know memory speeds and timings can make a difference, but are you sure the change in performance is purely being caused by the change in RAM speed?

In many games with day/night cycles and dynamic shadows that change position during these cycles, dawn and dusk are usually heavier on the system because of stretched shadows (Skyrim, Sleeping Dogs).

The difference in performance might be because both shots were taken at different times. It seems the first one was taken at dawn/dusk I think, because of the red color, and the second was made in the middle of a (cloudy) day it seems.

Make sure you test this at the same time of day.

14. CrunchyBiscuit

CrunchyBiscuit Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti
    -OFF TOPIC (sort of) -

Now that I mention day/night cycles, I'm wondering if the Skyrim cycle bug is still present in FO4. Can't test myself, don't have the game (my system is too slow).

Save your game during dusk/dawn when there's a prominent red glow. Exit the game to desktop. If you start the game and directly load the savegame you just made, it should all look fine.

Exit the game to desktop. Start up the game again. Now load a savegame inside a building before you load up the savegame made during dusk/dawn. After you've loaded up the interior savegame, load up the savegame made during dusk/dawn. The red glow is now gone (in Skyrim). Takes up to two full day/night cycles for it to appear again. They never fixed this in Skyrim (along with a zillion other bugs and glitches). I hope they fixed it in Fallout 4, otherwise you'll often be missing out on the beautiful red glow without realizing it (shouldn't affect the stretching of shadows and performance, just the color filter).

15. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I know Process hacker.

Are you saying the game .exe process get 100% load in CPU usage across all CPU cores?

This can't be correct, it can use 100% of one or more cores but "100% load" means all cores used at max by itself, as you know this is not possible the OS must be using some CPU%...

The only "process" with similar high usage is not a process is: "System Idle Process"

:D

I will check it.

16. Sildur

Sildur Guest

GPU:
    GTX960 4GB (1555/7400)
    The new enbmod for fallout 4 by Borris actually fixes those pixelated lighting issues on the character as it removes some "fake light sources" including some sort of a lighting effect on the player.
    http://enbdev.com/download_mod_fallout4.htm

Tested it on a HD6870, doubled checked that bVolumetricLightingEnabled was set to 1. Godrays also work fine now.

Screenshots:
    Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

17. OneB1t

OneB1t Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X@R9 390X 1050/1325
    100% load of one core ;) (12,5% in fact because i have 8 threads available)

18. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Why would they include Gameworks and not hd textures or better facial geometry? Only one of these murders performance.

19. dasa2

dasa2 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 290@1200 MCW60
    because they are paid to implement gameworks

the game only uses 4g ram 2g vram is the engine still only 32bit?

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    No, its not. Had to use ReShade64.dll to make it work for this engine.