AMD Catalyst™ 15.11 Beta Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Anvi, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Lurk

Lurk Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4080 VertoOC
    good to see this place is riddled with a-holes that can't take a dissenting post without getting all warm in the face.

zer0_c0ol, check your temperature and stop giving needless childish replies, as I'm trying to post civil comments on what I experience and read under the rock I live.

If you heard me yelling you might have a check on your ear drums as well and add me to your ignore list soon after.

Under the same rock, while the game is running smooth, I also took the time to read and quote.

"We are still working with our GPU partners to add full support for SLI and Crossfire. In addition, we are working with these partners to address stability issues on certain cards related to the latest drivers"

from Warner on Steam.

enjoy life while you can.

2. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    There is already a BO3 and FO4 profile in these.

I still want your source for an upcoming WHQL 14.11, ive read this exactly nowhere but from you.

3. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    I may or may not have asked previously, but can those who experience single card stutter in TW3, can you post a screen shot from afterburner showing frametimes over the 4minute span that the graphs show?

If anyone is actually interested in doing so, would you also give a short description of where you were and what you were doing?

4. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    What did you expierence? Apperently not the fact the Arkham Knight is a total disaster. Warner Bros/Rocksteady totally ****ed up the PC version of the game. You act like AMD could already made a CrossFire profile in the 4 months the game was pulled and the devolpers were trying to fix the game. I don't want to be as insulting and rude as you just were, but that's just kinda naive and yeah, almost like you lived on a rock for about 4 months.

True, you were trying to post civil comments, but this post is really rude. Don't loss your cool because someone called you a child. And like i said before, your first post in this thread just was kinda naive and that's why people asked if you lived under a rock. It wasn't meant to insult you. People were just suprised that you ignored all the fuss about Arkham knight.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015

5. Lurk

Lurk Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4080 VertoOC
    the problem is that people prefer to interpret rather than read.
    And what I wrote was quite simple and really didn't need any interpretation leading to personal life considerations such as "living under a rock", yet I'm sorry if I expressed any kind of ambiguity.
    It's not the expression itself, it's the frequency of aggressive behavior on supposedly mature subject-specific forums (we are talking about drivers, games and performance here) that reaches the measure too often.

In no parts of my posts I made mention to being supposedly unaware of the AK initial fiasco.
    I'm fully aware and have been fully aware of the AK situation as a long time fan of the series. Guess I was just patient enough not to pre-order or jump on the wagon too soon.
    I have been waiting eagerly for the game to re-release and have happily found out that it lives to what my expectations were when it was first announced a long time ago (1 year approx. I guess).

I therefore can't see at the moment the reason for the self-explanatory (and mostly dumb) negative comments on Steam post 10/28 update, as I find the game to look and run great on my system, certainly not an over-the-top rig.

The game was pulled from the shelves, not from the hands of the devs nor from those at NV or AMD who are supposedly in charge to relaese drivers and long awaited fixes.
    No need for me to re-quote WB, as they clearly stated to be working together with their GPU partners.

It is tyring to read comments based on mere assumptions rather than written facts, and a phrase such as "so before yelling like a child check some info" veers toward personal insult while adding absolutely nothing to the subject of the thread.

6. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    The fact that Warner Bros said that they are working together with AMD and Nvidia to get SLI/CrossFire working, doesn't mean you can blame AMD/Nvidia for the lack of Multi-GPU support. In your first post, you acted like only AMD is to blame for the lack of CrossFire support.

It's clear that the game is a mess and as a result it's very hard to get CrossFire and SLI working. The fact that not only AMD, but also Nvidia hasn't been able to get CrossFire/SLI working, tells me that there is nothing a driver can do until the game is fixed.

7. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    So, Rocksteady is not able to fix the game for single gpus, but you expect AMD to make a working CF profile? :3eyes: Also, if the game is running smooth for you, then why da hell you need your other gpu?

8. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Batman AK needs 12 Gb of RAM to run properly on Windows 10.

Of course you can't blame on WB/RockSteady for this....

....It's obviously MS fault!

LOL

9. BravoFxTrt

BravoFxTrt Member Guru

GPU:
    2X MSI R9 280X 6GB
    I installed these, and so far no complaints, but lost some fps in BF4 Mantle. any body else??

10. Lurk

Lurk Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4080 VertoOC
    "I guess a working Crossfire profile for Arkham Knight is too much too ask 6 months after game release."

that's my first post. I don't see how you gather that I "acted like only AMD is to blame".
    Pardon if I offended anyone by daring to point out how long it usually takes for AMD to release fixes for major titles.
    Someone please let me know if this thread is reserved for AMD employees and their families such that no-one can risk their job.

whatever. just don't expect me to give you an answer.

11. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    You are posting in a thread about a new AMD driver and then you are immediately complaining about the lack of a CrossFire profile. Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but of course everybody will think that you blame AMD for this. I don't even know why i have to explain this.

12. Jhereck

Jhereck Guest

GPU:
    r9 390
    Flickering with a multiple screens setup and screen connected to display port still not resolved.

This bug has been reported for 4 months now : gg AMD !

13. Ungeheuer97

Ungeheuer97 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    Going from 15.10 Beta to 15.11 Beta, it's apparent there's a very slight performance degradation under DX 11.
    3DMark scores (to the left are the results with the 15.10 Beta, to the right are the ones with the 15.11 Beta):
    Valley Benchmark 1.0 scores: http://imgur.com/a/sX0vQ

Maybe later I'll test those two drivers with Tomb Raider 2013.

EDIT: Just tested Tomb Raider on the Ultimate preset and the average framerate is basically within the margin of error, though minimum framerate went up a bit, while maximum framerate went down a notch: http://imgur.com/a/X2svL

14. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    Any idea why in Black Ops 3 using this driver and R9 290 the FPS suddenly drops to 5 and stays there until I set it back to high making the FPS go over 50 again? Seems highly unlikely the system reqs for this game are *that* high.

15. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Sounds like you are running out of VRAM. According to Techpowerup the game uses alot of system memory and Vram: http://www.techpowerup.com/217308/black-ops-iii-12-gb-ram-and-gtx-980-ti-not-enough.html

Monitor your Vram while playing and see if it hits 4GB. If it does and the frames are dropping to 5FPS right at that moment, you probably don't have enough Vram.

16. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Guest

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    so tried BO3 with my 290x flashed as a 390x and 60fps solid and 61 with no vsync i might overclock soon push my memory to 1500 and gpu to 1100 and never once went over 3.9gb's of vram

17. Berdugoo

Berdugoo Guest

GPU:
    INTEL 4000 w/ AMD 8750M

Wow amazing!!! thanks for informing us...:banana:

18. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    Intel HD1st Gen+ Radeon Mobility 5xxx /6xxxm (rebrands) users =

Looks like MS and AMD took note of the infamous "blackscreen upon running games” bug that has existed since anything newer than Catalyst 14.4.
    Recap:

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    What resolution? Just curious as the G3D benchmarks showed around 60 fps for 290X in 1080p.

@Valerys: the game's an unoptimized mess apparently atm. Expect better performance with future patches.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  20. morrk

morrk Member

GPU:
    Red Devil 6800XT
    That's ok