Fallout 4 - PC Ultra Screenshots

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 4, 2015.

1. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    So are the recommended specs so low on AMD's side because of the tesselation?

2. Hughesy

Hughesy Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    Really? I play every game without mods and didn't encounter game breaking bugs, I only ever install mods to prolong my interest. I just don't see the point in bashing a game you have no interest in, if you don't like it now you never will. There's many games I don't like that others love, but I don't waste my time bashing them:vader:

3. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    Not necessarily,skyforge is dx9 but looks better than lot of dx11 games.
    The team on skyforge gave proof that good things can be made also with dx9, but few have the competence must say

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Stated HD 7870 for minimum is probably only due similiar chip in consoles. I can asure you that 7870 will murder 550ti, just like it did in any other game.

If you take a look at Skyrim benchmarks you'll see that 7870 is same performance as gtx580.

5. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    Fallout 3 theme song still gives me shivers every time i hear it, the Fallout 4 not so much, but i don't dare judge the rest just from the one song.

6. Spin

Spin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2gb
    I'm still hoping to see a Fallout that uses the late 1980s as the setting.

7. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Yeah its a little hipocrisy on him tbh, he says its bad when you have to install mods to improve ui/hud/gamebreaking bugs/better graphics and then in another posts he says how stalker is superior in everyway.

8. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    Jeez, 2011 called, it wants it's graphics back.

9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Could be fake those shots, as theres no graphics adapter there.

10. Arend.C

Arend.C Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    With graphics like this, why does it need a 970 to run it on ultra?
    Or is even possible to max it out on a lower grade card like my oc'd 760?

Hope so, because playing with even worse graphics that this anno 2015 is just :puke2:

11. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Meh i don't know what to think of those screen shots and to be frank part of me is calling bull**** and the other part is saying it's disappointing. I'm currently playing Mad Max on ultra settings and that looks and runs gorgeous considering it's mostly sand but this... i don't know. I was planning on getting this with a GOTY edition anyway as I'm in no rush and have a game back log bigger than the UK housing system to get through.

Ah well, we'll see as it's released next week but if that's it in Ultra it's a poor show regardless of it's content/story. It just looks, as others have said like FO3 or Skyrim and I don't know how :3eyes:.

12. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    That seems to be true with every AAA game release these days--that it's difficult for them to live up to the expectations people have. The week before W3 shipped people were panning the game all over the Internet with some made-up malarkey about an imaginary "graphics downgrade" they thought had occurred from some advertising clip prepared 2-3 years before the game was finished, all because some textures in the clip looked better than the released trailers for the game...;) Nutty stuff like that that really makes no sense at all.

But, as far as the whole post-apocalyptic theme of Fallout/Wasteland--I confess that originally those games--mainly because of the theme--just turned me off for some reason I still cannot recall...I guess it didn't suit my tastes at the time. But after diving into the original Fallouts (1,2,3,& Nv) lately, and Wasteland (1 &2 & DC) I have to say that I am enjoying the heck out of these games...:)

Wasn't Fallout nV done by Obsidian? I have to say that pre-mods the game looked like garbage...I mean really, really bad. First time I fired it up, I couldn't believe it looked that bad. Really, really bad. Then came the texture mods and now, by gosh, the game is stunning, and still looks good today--no thanks to Obsidian, evidently.

Anyway, let's hope Bethesda doesn't scrimp on the graphics because of the weak console hardware--but these screen shots look intriguing to me. Definite potential for something good. But hopefully the game will amount to more than the usual shooting fish in a barrel kind of thing...;) W3 is magnificent, btw, I fully agree. CDPR has raised the bar substantially for games in general...and that's a very good thing. (Just fired up the Inquisition demo again to take a look and it's positively remarkable how much better the W3 looks and plays--makes DA: Inquisition look like something dated by a decade or more. I simply cannot bring myself to buy this game...but, that's EA for you, I guess.)

Graphics sure aren't even the main ingredient in great games, but we've passed the point at which a developer can afford to scrimp on the graphics no matter how good (or bad) the rest of the game is. There can be no justification for it, imo.

13. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  14. cps1974

cps1974 Guest

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX770 4GB
    the folks bashing the graphics from looking at compressed jpegs need to get real

if you want to bash it (deservedly or otherwise) please wait til you can see it on a monitor/TV in front of you - still images will not do it justice

15. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    I hope Boris codes the ENB for F4 right away. I love me some good ENBs and I really love the shadow, parallax, AO, AA and other fixes that come with his ENB. If a person knows how to tweak ENB files "like me", you can get good results with a minimal fps hit.

16. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    It's not .jpg compression making that window on the side of a house a poor texture and not a model. Just look at screen shot 8 in those..the buildings are piss poor to be honest, more so the one with the orange bit out front.

Still I'm not conviced and really don't think this is "ultra", probably selected "Ultra" in the settings then played on low to spawn this kind of discussion. Still though next week we'll be able to find out if it's bull**** or not.

17. Pineapple

Pineapple Guest

GPU:
    7950 boost
    LOL.

It's as plain as day it won't beat the witcher, but it's a HUGE interactive world, so GFX will be limited, that said, the GFX look pretty good to me, but then again, I made the effort to find proper 1080p video and SS's.

The witcher is different how?

Those games are undeveloped turds.

Nonsense.....also, FO4 has twice as many game assets as Skyrim.

Some of the older games deserved criticism, however, based on what I've read and seen, FO4 has addressed most of those problems and has incredible potential.

18. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I can't really complain about the graphics since i'm a World of Warcraft player since Beta so i understand how a game with dull/plain textures can still be amazing but i believe because the gfx are so dated that the game itself better make up for it!

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Context: On Stalker/metro.

Yeah sorry buddy, but you lost any current or future cred right there.

Also to all the gfx defenders:

===

Here you go:D
    http://enbdev.com/enbseries/forum/v...sid=a44ee0176f61f580f9594e4dedc7e643&start=70

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  20. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Be careful, you are asking for a bashing ;)