Fallout 4 - PC Ultra Screenshots

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    The first  screenshots from the PC version of Fallout 4 (end-user) have surfaced on the web. Have a peek after the break....

Fallout 4 - PC Ultra Screenshots

2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Not exactly what I call good graphics from 2010. Washed out textures, poor shading, cheap DoF, ...

But graphics aside, what will make or break this game is game mechanics and story itself.

Are those any good?

3. BUDA20

BUDA20 Member

GPU:
    Aorus GTX 1080 ti
    I love the aesthetics, I hate what it seems a lack of supersample in trees, leaves and grass, also very noticeable in power lines, they look exactly as Fallout 3 / Skyrim only using FXAA, I really hope for any kind of MSAA...

4. nekrik

nekrik Guest

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti Msi gaming X
    The game is in serious need for Ambient Occlusion solution such as HBAO+ it's pretty flat atm. Also will wait for better crisper texture pack mod.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015

5. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    It's still a work in progress, look at the way the hud is. Lets give it a bit more.

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Eveything I see about this game just screams terrible.

Graphics look horrendous for a start, I don't care how big the game is (it has a lot to live up to thanks to Witcher 3 which I doubt it will beat).

The gameplay once again looks the same boring old stuff, walking around yet another post apocalyptic world that is about as appealing as having ron simmons take a big steamer on your face.

The atmosphere looks pretty bad too, the music from what I have heard is lacking, when games like STALKER and Metro 2033 and Last Light create such amazing set pieces, great scenery, haunting vistas, creepy derelict buildings that have such character and emotion around them... then this game comes along and looks almost like a cartoon it is somehow hard to take seriously.

The animations are still as bad as they were in 2008 too, also the voice acting is painful in the trailers and the dialogue is pretty weak too. Yet again we will tumble out of another Vault, into another brown washed out world that has zero interesting things around it.

I know I have been bashing this game and the last 2 predecessors, I REALLY do hope I am proved wrong and the game is great. I would love another large world to explore as I just finished Witcher 3's main story but I have an erge to just jump right back into Witcher 3 with the new DLC, New Game+, or to carry on with my current save file and finish all the side quests of which there are MANY and to just explore the amazing world they created there. It just seems way more appealing to me than yet another brown, dull, lifeless, game like this.

7. Hughesy

Hughesy Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    Can't wait for this, I keep seeing people say the graphics look meh, but they never promised cutting edge graphics. For me it looks beautiful, but for a game like this Gameplay is what really matters. The world is going to be huge with lots of interesting locations to find.

The person above constantly bashes Fallout, obviously not a fan of the series. Why even bother if it's not a game for you.

8. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    Fallout 4 High Resolution Pack incoming in 3...2...1... I only finishing Skyrim right now, finally, so no rush here. Will buy GOTY for few bucks and will enjoy it with some graphic mods from the start.

9. Bogeyx

Bogeyx Active Member

GPU:
    2070 RTX @ 2050Mhz
    It is already in gold status. It is finished.

10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    It's just my opinion, I understand why people play the game and if someone can find fun it then so be it and I am glad for them.

Just in my opinion they are way over hyped games that just don't deliver for me in basically every aspect. I have listed many times the why they don't and they are pretty well justified reasons that are true about the series.

When a game more or less requires you to install mods to fix game breaking bugs, give you better graphics, better UI, better HUD, etc. There is something wrong there.

People scream out about how good these games are yet they have about 200 mods installed that changes the game so much its basically a different game.

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  12. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    From these SS there is nothing to be amazed for, sure gameplay will be as we all know but if they will release it with such gfx well..too bad. I hoped for better visual quality...

13. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I can't believe the devs are serious and will obviously wait for a HD-texture pack.

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    these looks like console version.

15. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Textures look like low resolution rubbish, not very impressive! I think for a game that is about exploring & atmosphere - I think good graphics have to be a big part of that!

16. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    true , the game looks a little blunt but nothing a mod can't change ! Playing morrowind , oblivion , skyrim and prev fallout games ... this I will def like ! Someone said the music is not there like previous games but I hope he is wrong ... usually the music made it worth it ! Will definitly buy the season pass also

17. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    Think these are PS3 screenshots..I know games are not about graphics but have these people seen Metro? Or even old Stalker and am not even going to suggest having a look at Witcher 3. Graphics may not be super important but has a direct effect on the atmosphere, and from these screenshots I am lacking the feeling of post apocalyptic world,nuclear winter and all that stuff. I enjoyed older Fallouts but if this is gonna be yet another $hitty console port with not a PERFECT story they can shove it up their bottoms.
    PS: Also to all the people who will wait for mods...Seriously? You are gonna cash out money for an unfinished product that some skillful gamer has to repair first to make it look like it was created post DX9? Thats like ordering a burger in Mcdonalds that comes without meat and then waiting for your neighbor to kill a cow and bring you some meat..

18. vg24a3

vg24a3 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    Unfortunately I agree with the others, graphics just looks very disappointing, especially after playing Wither 3. The worse is that these are PC Ultra Screenshots, so on low settings it must look look like Doom 1...

19. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    So obsessed with graphics.... It makes we wonder if the people who moan about things like this also thought that The Phantom Menace was an amazing film because the graphics were so good.

I expect the same people will also be complaining when a new game comes out that has such advanced graphics that it runs like a dog on their system. Then we'll hear the unoptimised rubbish/ console port crap too.

I really could not care less how good the graphics are in any game, that's not what makes a good game. At best it can only improve a game, not make it.

20. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I think that's a little extreme considering everything in the original Doom aside from the walls are sprites.

Also you don't buy a Bethesda game for visuals. :D