Goodbye Catalyst Control Center :D

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by shankly1985, Nov 2, 2015.

1. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Guest

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    define slow mines opens in 2 seconds

2. AMDFreeSync

AMDFreeSync Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB
    Shader Cache make it's way in 15.11 as well as New drivers version of D3D, OpenGL, Mantle & 2D :).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  3. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    If they Radeon Team will implement some Tweaks from RadeonPro will be sooo great. :)

CCC is not slow at all.Maybe this new version will be as,you know,new software.And is not bad to let CCC in system task to access some option quickly.

4. d0X

d0X Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2070S Ventus
    I know, I had it installed even before the partnership with AMD because I linked Steam, MSN, Xfire etc. all in one place. Now MSN and Xfire are gone, and linking with Steam isn't working. =(
    And speaking of bloat, you are correct, it's practically all of CCC functions in a fancy new Qt design. I just hope they will be adding useful stuff in the future, and not bloat.
    Could the faster startup be from transfering to Qt?

5. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    So, Raja Koduri stated that Radeon tech group was started about a month ago. Is he talking about "Tiger Team" or what? And what about "Tiger" name and all? Too much jokes and memes about it? They just decided "F@k...we screwed up with the name...lets just call it The Radeon group"? :D

6. razorbackdb

razorbackdb Member

GPU:
    AMD R7 260x 2GB
    The Radeon division and AMD are separate entities once again, I don't remember the exact details, AMD didn't sold Radeon but they are working more independently now.

7. Dygaza

Dygaza Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    I like these new changes. I really hope we do see atleast similiar overhead boost than we got before.

About VSR, I can understand why people would want it, even my personal experience from it is negative. I have Fury X, but I simply need to run default 1920x1080 resolution, as I just can't use VSR. In some games you can atleast change UI-size, but in most games text just goes so small that I can't read it anymore.

8. Grotlo

Grotlo Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 ti G1 Gaming
    Does this mean we won't be needing Radeon Pro anymore? Will Radeon Pro be integrated into this new Windows 8 touch screen looking shiny software? I mean we all know how Windows 10 got the start menu back cause we don't necessarily like or need the "APP shiny, flashy looking thing on our screens", but more of a software that lets us tweak our GPUs to perform smoother in games? I mean I'm still forced to use Radon Pro cause it's v-sync control is way superior to catalyst one even though Radeon Pro is not being upgraded and supported anymore....

9. Grotlo

Grotlo Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 ti G1 Gaming
    Exactly the problem that I have with VSR.... UI in games becomes so small that you need spyglass in order to read it. Also, it makes my R9 290 go nuts load wise, while the textures don't necessarily look that better to the point where AA becomes obsolete...

10. NAZ2222

NAZ2222 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC 6800XT 16G
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is shader cache? performance boost? or tool for effects injectors?

11. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    I've not had a single issue with games and VSR having tiny UI. Steam overlay though? It's microscopic.

12. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    CCC always takes at least 30 seconds to load the first time after a boot. Most of the time , it's closer to 40. If it's taken out of startup, it takes even longer.

13. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Guest

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    wow why so long for you as i said only 2 seconds for me

14. AMDFreeSync

AMDFreeSync Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB
    Pretty much

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  15. Dygaza

Dygaza Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    Where did you find that explanation for shader cache?

16. NAZ2222

NAZ2222 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC 6800XT 16G

If they can reduce stutter (one of my biggest grips with non smooth +-60fps games) that would be awsome! that with proper triple buffering could be mint! :)

Thanks for the answer too ;)

17. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    I thought I read November 2nd. Where is this magical non CCC driver?

18. SimBy

SimBy Guest

GPU:
    R9 290
    It takes 2-3 sec form me the 1st time. And around 1.5 sec after that.

Startup speed was never an issue for me. But if it fixes it for those who had problems thats great.

19. NAZ2222

NAZ2222 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC 6800XT 16G
    November 2nd is the announcement of this new driver, witch they did today.
    The release is between now and the end of the year, like the 380x lol

20. Dygaza

Dygaza Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    We got last bigger overhead upgrade when we got that current numerical version of d3d driver right? So I'm wishfull that this new one will have another upgrade.