Graphics messed up in multiple games

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by dove, Oct 31, 2015.

1. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    In both Act of Aggression and The Witcher 3, the graphics are obviously messed up on my HD6950 with Cat 15.9.1beta.

With AoA, running the "Auto-detect best settings" it looks normal on the first two passes (10% and 20%) but from the third pass upwards the ground textures all disappear, and they're not there if I start a game as well, as shown here.
    [​IMG]

With TW3, this is what it looks like after loading a save-game.
    [​IMG]

I was just trying to tweak TW3's settings, specifically Terrain and Texture, to see if that would help (it didn't) when I noticed that all the graphics settings (starting with Vsync and ending with Hardware Cursor) are listed twice, so when I scrolled down to what should have been the last line (Hardware Cursor), following that was all the lines repeated starting from Vsync again. Even weirder is that if I change a setting in the first group, it isn't reflected in the second. Only if I Esc out back to the main menu and then go back to graphics settings are they then synced automatically.

Anyway, that's a bit of a side-issue specific to TW3 and the bigger problem manifests in at least one other game, so has anyone encountered that and found the solution?

2. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Did you already tried other drivers? Could be that your GPU is dying, but it's hard to say really.

3. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Are you using RadeonPro? If yes, then scroll down in the 'visual' tab and turn off (un-tick) 'tessellation control'.

Otherwise, right click desktop, open Catalyst Control Centre:

Open the 'Gaming' tab on the left menu, open '3D Application Settings', at the bottom left corner, click 'defaults' and 'apply', then 'exit'. Go test games.

I've noticed the 'terrain' messing about if tessellation control is below 8x in some games, others at or below 16x.

4. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    That was it, thanks. :)

I do use RadeonPro but don't have profiles for either of these games. The Global setting is on AMD Optimised and that can't be changed (well it can but it changes back).

In CCC I had changed the Max Tessellation setting though, ironically to fix a problem with Hairworks in TW3 I recall, so I reset to defaults as you suggested and now things look normal again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]