GTX 970 Benq 2411z 144Hz monitor 60Hz looking bad + shadowplay

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Margusx, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Margusx

Margusx Active Member

GPU:
    Msi GTX970 gaming 4g
    since this is weird issue not happen in 100-144hz Input is DVI cable replace dosent help 60hz always bad. PC is in profile.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVeqRAsouZ4
    Is this driver issue or something else?
    If somebody also experenced this so how to fix.

2. Axaion

Axaion Active Member

GPU:
    MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    why would you even want to run anything else than 120/144 hz if your monitor can do it?

3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I've watched the video and I'm struggling to understand what's wrong with it.

4. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    And his broken English does not help either!

5. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7900GRE
    Theres a very simple answer to that. I have the BenQ XL2411Z too and anything above 100Hz has a washed out look. I never go above 100Hz because of this. None of the settings in the monitor will fix this. I know I spent days tweaking the monitor settings.

6. savannahmick

savannahmick Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI OC GTX1060
    Maybe not enough data speed?

From what I heard and seen that YCbCr 4:2:2/ YCbCr 4:2:0 is the only format that HDMI can handle in 10-12bit color at 4k 60hz. But I think 8bit and RGB 4:4:4 can be used at 4k 60hz. Not sure about DVI and 100hz but I have a LG UB8500 4k/3d/Smart TV and has HDMI outputs that works as I stated above. I think anything but RGB 4:4:4 or YCbCr 4:4:4 looks washed out so try 8bit setting or raise color saturation level in Nvidia CP or on your monitor with YCbCr 4:2:0/4:4:4. Like I said not sure about DVI data speeds/rates but try it maybe it will help! Good Luck!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  7. heymian

heymian Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    I have the opposite problem with my BenQ XL2420TE. Anything below 144/120Hz looks dark and washed out.

Also to answer someone's question above, why would you run anything at 60Hz? Some games, id Tech comes to mind, are capped at 60 FPS. For me, playing a 60 FPS capped game on 144 Hz makes the game look stuttery. "Frame judders". It's not smooth at all and is very distracting. The only thing you can do is A) Unlock the framerate (not possible without consequences) or B) Dial down to 60 Hz and use V-Sync. But once again, 60 Hz on my monitor looks bad for some reason. Blacks are grey, color are washed out, and the overall brightness is dimmer. I don't know if this is a problem with the monitor or if it's some NVCP setting.

8. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7900GRE
    I downloaded some icc profiles to correct most of the picture problems