GeForce Experience Gets new Features & Locks Game Ready driver to GeForce Experience

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 15, 2015.

1. broke

broke Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    not willing to support freesync and now this
    AMD starting to look attractive right now

2. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Guest

Until this is made official I will not get my panties in a bunch. :pinkbow: :wanker:

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    As soon as amd supports gsync, nvidia will support freesync. Was that a joke or what?

4. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Everyone complaining about it, just don't use it. Seriously, I have it installed and it is using a whopping 2.3MB of RAM. The ONLY feature I have enabled is to notify me when a new driver is released. It doesn't automatically download it or install it unless you check that box.

If you don't want Shadowplay, don't turn it on. If you don't want it to scan your games and auto-detect settings, don't turn it on.

Windows comes with more pre-installed bloatware than these Nvidia drivers and you all use that OS so stop whining.

5. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Well this looks like another way to collect anonymouse information.This time from nvidia side,no M$.
    No worry,you have nothing to hide,don't you? :)

6. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I know, right?

I get that people don't like change and don't like installing things they don't/seldom use. I don't think this is wonderful news either. That said, I've installed drivers with/without GFE and it really makes zero difference. All this complaining though.

People would seriously jump to AMD and their garbage drivers over this? The nvidia sporadic release schedule of this post implies the bare drivers would still be available more frequently than AMD releases anything stable.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  7. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Stop whining? Why wouldn't someone whine that they're forced to install software they have no need for? And how does Windows having bloatware installed by default somehow invalidate this issue? "Oh, Windows does it worse, stop bitching". There's no logic in devaluing the stupidity of something because some other similar issue is worse. It's great that you don't care. Really. Congratulations. But as I'll explain below, the frustration comes from an overarching destruction of the sovereignty of a user's machine. Also, don't even pretend for one second Linux is a viable alternative to Windows at this point. Give me a break.

There's an obvious trend here of everyone trying to create their own walled in ecosystem where users have no choice but to accept any arbitrary and silly terms just to make use of the stuff they paid for. It's profoundly annoying, and just because it's "not a big deal", doesn't mean people aren't allowed to complain about it. Soon we'll be back to the toolbar days where in order to download X, you need to make an account there, link your email, install their 7 software programs, where if any are uninstalled or disabled the main thing you need won't work. It's utter nonsense. Yes, I'm exaggerating a bit, but this data mining race is starting to get really boring.

8. broke

broke Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    it's not the same thing correct me if i'm wrong sir

G-Sync is owned by NVidia and G-Sync monitors must contain a proprietary G-Sync module sold by Nvidia so if AMD supported G-Sync it will directly support its competitor

FreeSync is royalty-free so if NVidia supported FreeSync it will absolutely give no advantage to its competitor it will only benefit us as a consumers and give us more options

that is my understanding please correct me if it's flawed

9. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    No your talking about adaptive sync, freesync is as closed as gsync.

10. broke

broke Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    didn't VESA adopt FreeSync as an component of the DisplayPort 1.2a specification so any card with DisplayPort 1.2a technically can use FreeSync ?

so when Intel start to support adaptive-sync with the next generation of GPU according to forbes we will not be able to use FreeSync branded monitors and have to get adaptive-sync branded monitors to have adaptive frame rate ?

and sorry for being such a newbie

11. nexus_711

nexus_711 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1080 Twin X2
    Totally agree with you IcE!
    For Nvidia guys who reads these responses - please don't do this to your users unless you planing to make another console system.

12. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    As consumers we have a responsibility NOT to take part or support companies financially by purchasing their products if they have unsound business practices.

13. Australis

Australis Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8G
    nVidia is going to shoot itself in the foot instantly if they really use this anti-consumer practice in broad daylight, contrary to the Sneaky Beaky like GTX 970 3.5 GB V-RAM scam. :eek:uch:

GeForce Experience's driver update capability was questionable while I was using GTX 760 over a year ago. It took GFE forever to update the driver, all the while straining performance. Did things change, I dunno.

But I firmly believe clean driver clean installs should set us on the right foot.

Even so, GeForce Experience is not a bloatware. I was using it merrily like AMD Gaming Evolved App now. Shadowplay or GVR, is a godsend. The haters must be trying to justify their purchase of expensive DVR products.:)

Truth be told, I do not think this trivial annoyance warrants a brand defection. Plagued with low R&D budget and GameWorks negative optimization, Radeon GPUs are facing an uphill struggle. This affects Day 1 gamer mostly though.:banana:

Features, however, are strong on the nVidia side. I am still mourning over the loss of Adaptive V-sync since the switch to R9 290.:bolt:

Sorry for the wall of text. But I cannot help voicing my opinion while so many others are impulsively saying they will go red just because of this news.

14. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    I will not register for drivers, ever. I will not install GFE (or most of the other 3d junk, virtual audio, updaters, bloat, more bloat etc, etc), ever. Period. If it becomes a requirement, I buy another brand. Simple as that.

15. Minotaur

Minotaur Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 1080 GLH
    I seriously doubt, developers, admins performing rollouts and OEMs, shall have to fire up GFE to install drivers.
    But let the circle jerk continue! Something for the nVidia fanbois now, AMD's share price! Shall they last through 2016? ;)

16. 0xroqqah

0xroqqah Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 750 Ti
    since previous NV drivers failed to work for me (always rolled back to 347.88, recently i'm on 355.98), i taught myself to only install graphics driver and PhysX.
    GFE is as mentioned on this thread communism at its best.
    same goes for win10.
    Code:
    whoami
    # root
    :P

17. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I've used it a couple of times. I didn't have any real issues with it. However, I don't use any of it's functions. So for me, it was basically just more junk starting up. For updates, including profiles, I'm using the driver hack that installs the simple Nvidia Update app. Hopefully that will still be possible for a while.

18. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    LOl Nvidia at it again. The reason I dislike them is now you need yet another thing to get their stuff going. This is just plain stupid. I know someone that doesn't use Geforce experience.

19. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    It is currently as tied to an AMD GPU as G-Sync is to an Nvidia based GPU. You need to have an AMD based GPU or FreeSync won't work.

http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/technologies-gaming/freesync

20. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Well AMD said Nvidia can adopt it if they want to. I think intel will adopt freesync as well so another benefit. I think later on we will be able to see freesync in any panel unless it's gsync. Even your basic 60hz 1080p will have freesync as it doesn't have any costs to it. The only costs is some extra validation but that's it.