Star Citizen - Squadron 42 - Upcoming PC Space Sim.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Major Melchett, Oct 10, 2012.

1. WildAce

WildAce Guest

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
  2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    the new launcher is a lot faster with downloading

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB

*edit*

I had to watch this twice.... it's so amazing.

A question...

Can you "or will you be able too in the future" use a player held sniper rifle to shoot the player sitting in the cockpit of a ship?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB

5. WildAce

WildAce Guest

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    I highly doubt it, i doubt a sniper rifle can penetrate the shields before the projectile gets vaporized from a small arms weapon, and then even if it gets past the shield it has to go through Diamond Laminate cockpit glass which can stop rounds from ship mounted weapons.

If both of those protection systems are gone/destroyed, then i would say yes you could.

6. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Vanguard Variant Sale

Ok.

So if your new to Star Citizen or have been waiting until a viable premier ship comes along, look no further than the Vanguard.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I have a Warden myself which I brought in the original concept sale, anyone know any information on the field kits? More importantly are they perma insured? Can the Harbringer to Warden kit give the Harbringer an S5 mount?

For now I'm sticking with the Warden and may possibly get a Harbringer field upgrade kit when some more light is shed.

- TeKK

EDIT: just to add..... LTi on variants is BS! :program:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...7-Welcome-To-ArcCorp-Star-Citizen-12-Released

Update 1.2 is out.

EDIT:
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//14928-Star-Citizen-Alpha-12

8. WildAce

WildAce Guest

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    So some cool stuff at Citizencon so far for Star Citizen

Real Time SQ42 trailer and the name drops at the end for the cast.

Also if anyone decides to get around to making their account or haven't done so yet, STAR-3NY6-FGN3 is my referral code if you don't mind using it, you will get 5,000 UEC using a Referral code, and i would get some misc. hangar flair stuff/toys.

Some other videos from citizencon

Star Map Video

Alpha 2.0 Press Demo

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Pretty sure that train game is the most expensive... forgot it's name.. but you basically drive trains in it.

I was trying to watch the CitizenCon stream but I was getting like 75kbs from it and it kept lagging out :T

11. WildAce

WildAce Guest

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    train game is 5k+ i believe, but these are space ships so its easily 3x cooler.

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    You are correct.. I just checked.. just a little over $5,000.

Agent Scully is in Star Citizen...... *mind blown*

13. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Yeah still looks really dull. I know it's Alpha and I know that features are in the works but my god that looked really really boring at what point does the actual GAMEPLAY start.

A few other things, I thought the space flight dynamics were meant to be uber realistic? Watching that multi person ship docking was laughable, stop pressing the direction button and the ship stops on a dime, really?

The weapons had no impact, both the ship weapons and FPS guns had no obvious weight or dynamic to their use or impact. It was like shoot this target till this value is reached and then it falls over or explodes.

The character movement in the FPS looked stunted, stuttery, it was really weird.

Yes yes I know it's Alpha, but you would think a game that's pulled this amount of money from it's Alpha would be... well better.

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I felt that way about the ship landing... the large one... It would have looked cool if it was a bit more free floating instead of the thrusters instantly stopping any movement making it look jerky going gown.

It will be cool to see all the crazy video's people make in the big world test.

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB

2 Hours *__*

16. WildAce

WildAce Guest

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    the problem with being too floaty is it likely impacts actually trying to hit anything in a dogfight, and the controls would just feel too unresponsive is my guess.

Tho there is no reason to believe that the current flight model is even close to finished, or that the pilot likely didnt have access to the new precision flight mode that chris roberts talked about earlier for in situations like that where you want precision and not such drastic thrust changes so you dont have to be as careful landing and can drift down slowly without the stop/start feeling.

Some times gameplay tho does trump realism the issue is trying to find the sweet spot of visual queues and feel.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    A large ship like that is a dogfighter?

Is there not a free drift mode where it drifts in the direction you want?

I don't have it so I don't know much outside of what I've seen in videos.

The autopilot landing on the small ship looked really good.

In Space Engineers you can turn off dampeners and you just move in any direction like a space ship would in real life... is there a flight mode like that in Star Citizen?

18. WildAce

WildAce Guest

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    There are quite a few flight computer modes and sub modes/assists, and they are about to add even more soon as well.

19. WildAce

WildAce Guest

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15007-Letter-From-The-Chairman

20. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    But what about my golden ticket? When am I going to the chocolate factory?