AMD Catalyst 15.9.1 Beta Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by OrionCheung, Oct 1, 2015.

1. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    That's interesting....thanks for the info! I've never owned a Gigabyte product as their products have usually lacked something I wanted. I've been using MSI for years, though, for motherboards--and recently bought an MSI R9 380...first time for the videocard. (The MSI had the backplate which appealed to me for a couple of reasons.) Even Asus seems somewhat dodgy to me these days. Caveat Emptor...;) It's all got to do with the economic problems in the world markets, I'd imagine. Has this been something consistent from Gigabyte, or has it occurred mainly in the last 4-6 years? Just wondering...

2. haz_mat

haz_mat Guest

GPU:
    1070 FE
    For what its worth, my gigabyte z77 board is a 1.1 revision and the only change was adding a full 8-pin 12v connector for the CPU instead of the 4-pin on the 1.0. That whole controversy surrounded a budget board - if you're buying that and expecting a quality overclock then you've made a mistake. Cutting out a power phase is a pretty obvious deal-breaker.

Yeah its sleezy to change a product around under the same name, but doing your research before buying has always been the key to getting a good build. I have no doubt gigabyte still makes some good stuff (knock on wood), just do product-specific research before you dive in.

If anything, this makes me wonder how often this has occurred and no-one noticed because the updated board was still sold under the same revision. I think the chances of only gigabyte being guilty of this is pretty slim.

I get the whole "vote with your wallet" idea, but I think it just applies differently here. Rather than just reject their entire product line, I think there is still value in rewarding a well-rounded product.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  3. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I have this "vibe" from them for at least the last 5-8 years. This is no evidence of course, just personal opinion.

It's obvious that they wouldn't do that to all their products, or even the majority of them.

Being a budget board makes it even worse in my opinion. A consumer that actually reads reviews before getting a budget board is someone without many funds available, who yet has the ability to try and make a good purchase. If your product is not really value for money and you pull tricks like that to get sales you don't deserve, then it's double sleazy.

All of your points are valid, I have just had bad personal experience with their products, and they have happened to be the only company whose tactic like that even made news websites take a look. I'm sure that others do it, I highly doubt the degree.

4. dezmand07

dezmand07 Guest

GPU:
    Intel IrisProGraphics 580

5. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    They don't need to.

6. dezmand07

dezmand07 Guest

GPU:
    Intel IrisProGraphics 580
    And wonder why?
    They want to test your graphics card compatibility with FL, so how do not take my utility.

7. Har3inger

Har3inger Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 8870m 2GB GDDR5
    The window resizing bug is fixed for me here, but I get massive problems in SC2 now. About 20 minutes into a game, my framerate will randomly tank to 1-2 fps, regardless of where I'm looking, as if my VRAM is filled up or something. 15.7.1 works fine.

8. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Because their GPU supports feature level 12.0

9. dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy Guest

GPU:
    980Ti
    still waiting an assetto corsa cf profile... :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Win 7 still had the older style dxdiag which showed the DDI version rather than feature levels, meaning essentially the highest DX version supported by hardware/driver.
    Note how Win8/10 dxdiag doesn't show DDI version.

I remember how eagerly we awaited "DDI: 9" for DX9 compatible drivers/cards when DX9 was new. Just as we now want feature level 12.0 or better ;)

11. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Feature level 11.0/1 is also fine :)

12. BugMeister

BugMeister Guest

GPU:
    2x RX480 NITRO+OC(8G)
    - running sweet here..:thumbup:

13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Of course, silly of me :)

14. ArgonV

ArgonV Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD XFX 7900 XTX
    Can anyone test OpenGL vsync for me? I want to be sure it's working before I give these a go.

15. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    I would, but i can't :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

16. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    It's working, sort of. I'm running Windows 10 and tripple buffering won't work, so fps fluctuates between 60 and 30 fps.
    Id tech 5 adaptive vsync doesn't work either.

17. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    It works here.

18. mysteriously

mysteriously Guest

When I press Tab in Potplayer, it shows input resolution == output res. All I can see is high GPU utilization, but videos are not upscaled. Does anyone know how to fix it?

19. artikot

artikot Guest

GPU:
    R9 295x2
    In comparison my 295x2 not doing too badly and I have a weaker CPU:
    [​IMG]

I need to find 1046.2 driver as I'm sure I was getting around 10-15% higher scores.

Both CPU an GPU at stock clocks.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  20. aaronne

aaronne Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 MOBILE
    Here my ex-golden sample, I own 2 sapphire and 1 gigabyte (7970ghz ed) and only one goes to
    1300Gpu
    1900Ram
    at max voltage proposed from msi afterburner
    without artifacting
    http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1892527 9310pt (10230graphic score)

http://hwbot.org/user/luca_aaronne/

changed it only to goes to mobile workstation but at 1920x1080 it can run everything at max