Nvidia 356.04 developer driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Krzyslaw, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Portuogral

Portuogral Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    If your system is running GeForce Experience 2.6.x and nVIDIA Stream Service, go to task manager, kill the process ("NvStreamNetworkService.exe") and you'll be able to OC the memory.
    For a more permanent solution, disable that nVIDIA service at Control Panel/Admin Tool/Services or use Geforce Experience 2.5.x

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    GeForce Experience 2.6.1 Release Highlights
    • Fixes an issue where the user is unable to overclock GPU memory.
    • Fixes an issue where mouse is stuck at top left corner when alt+tab in MGS V TPP game.
    • Fixes an issue where the second screen is streamed during streaming session.
    • Detects and communicates when the user is attempting to use a stale email invitation.
    • Provides troubleshooting information when the chrome client fails to initialize.
    • Fixes an issue where keyboard input is broken with Witcher 3 when Share Overlay is up in full screen mode.
    • Fixes an issue where mouse clicks are not working in Dayz game with Share enabled.
    • Removes the restriction to block streaming session if games list is not accessible.
    • Removes the restriction to block user from moving mouse to second monitor while streaming is in session.
    • Fixes an issue where keyboard and mouse input are not working in Firefall and Star Citizen.

3. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Geforce experience is gonna magially optimize your games :))))

hahahaha nice joke. I hear this crap more often now... :(

4. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    2 questions! :D
    how are those driver preform in GTAV?
    are they WHQL signed? :D

5. maxstep

maxstep Guest

GPU:
    4090 + LG OLED 65
    Still not fixed for win10 according to their website. Where is the download link?

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    1. Great
    2. No :) It's a developer driver.

7. Handrox

Handrox Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    With this driver, I lost performance on all games, TW3 and GTAV received a significant drop in fps.

I do not recommend this driver for the loss of performance, but the system is very stable with it.

No, this problem continues ...

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  8. nullack

nullack Guest

GPU:
    Titan
    I get a BSOD everytime I try to watch a full screen 3d film in 3d mode with this driver. NVIDIAs medical imaging 3d test and setup is OK.

9. BNSoul

BNSoul Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 660 Ti OC 3GB
    best drivers since 347.25 on my text-editing machine with a Kepler GPU (660 Ti) for CUDA light video editing (subtitling) and also on my gaming rig with a Maxwell GPU (970), hope they keep building on these drivers, they're really stable with factory overclocked cards and with higher min fps, stuttering is a bit of a concern in some games but not all.

10. Lucifer

Lucifer Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2060S
    got some image corruption in gta v with this driver, some long blocky dark rectangles appear in one of the intersection in the city.

11. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    SLI Memory leak still happens. Quite easy to reproduce it seems.

Just join a CSGO Lobby, enable voice chat and keep talking with your friends, you'll see the game begins to stutter and eventually the PC gets stuck.

12. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Did you OC'ed memory on that GTX970 of yours? Try to downlock memory a bit, 100MHz or so...

13. Lucifer

Lucifer Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2060S
    no, don't need to since I'm playing @60 fps max. Rolled back to Quadro 355.85 and all is well.

14. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    So far these 356.04 Dev are rock solid on many rigs I've tried them, from GTX750Ti up to GTX780, stable on highly OC'ed cards, from my experience these 356.04 are on pair with 355.83 Dev & 355.84 Dev drivers I was also using or using right now on some rigs. Only minor bug I've noticed on 355.83 Dev was that 0MHz memory bug that happened randomly in MSI AB/RTSS OSD, GPU-Z...

Last few WHQL's had gave me random freezes, BSOD's, even sudden restarts of PC's while gaming. Never had those problems with WHQL's until R355 branch came out.

These 356.04 Dev are keepers for me...

15. BNSoul

BNSoul Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 660 Ti OC 3GB
    yes, I got my Gigabyte WF 3 GB 660 Ti to 1280 Mhz (!!) core and +1200 Mhz Memory (7200 Total, pushing that 192 bit bus to the limit) without a single hitch with minor voltage increase, something impossible since 347.25, shame I threw that card onto my old text-editing machine long ago to do CUDA stuff and run emulators / old games, on the other hand also got my 970 to good OC levels too with these drivers.

Keepers.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015