Watch_Dogs Definitive Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by ThatGuyOverTher, Mar 8, 2015.

1. dollmaster

dollmaster Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 4GB
    I think headlights will appear in rainy weather only. Try it while raining.

2. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Thank you so much Txgt ! Added too your fixes as exacelt use a modified version of my mod, that is already a modified version of Marduk's.

3. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    The headlights is working, but they very faded. I think the reason is the settings in Environment Lighting. Which settings exactly causing this - I don't know, sorry. Mlleemiles have more knowledge about envlighting, try to ask him.

4. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    The used envlighting (if not modified by exacelt) is actually the latest E3's made by Mlleemiles ^^.

So yes he is the best to comment lol

My Reshade preset reduces this but I designed it to only sharpen textures and add new effects, without changing the current mood.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015

5. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    No no it rains. You just need some luck.

Yes I have troubles too to get shining from headlights.
    It can be because of bloom.lib or envlighting. There is a real problem with gfx.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  6. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
  7. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    I don't have any problem with my custom lensflare. And the timescale I used was 33, not 1. 6 is too slow for people that want weather changes.

Even if it's not THE solution, I'll try to fix the "lack of headlight" using Reshade.

[​IMG]

8. TheI3arracuda

TheI3arracuda Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    I just watched the E3 2012 video again and noticed that the reticle when Aiden uses his profiler is just a dot instead of the shape we have now.
    Does anyone know if we could get it to look like that?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  9. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Keep in mind that the profiler reticle is an animated texture, you would have to change the frames in order for it to look correct.

10. rcsalmeida

rcsalmeida Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 4095
    canĀ“t make it work

Sorry, but I can not install this mod.
    I just need to put the patch.dat and patch.fat files in Watch_Dogs \ data_win64?

nothing else?

Nothing Reshade or SweetFx

because whenever I try to play, the game crashes when booting

I really want to use this modification instead of worse mod+maldo+realistic SweetFx

Sorry for my English, but this is not my native language.

11. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G

Maybe try to delete your "GameProfile.xml" and let the Definitive Mod create new one?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  12. game3source

game3source Guest

GPU:
    gtx 770 4gb
    The mod is awesome, love it and quickly noticed what you have done.. love the effects, the changes you've made. But i have huge fps issues. The mod is very demanding but understandable with the improved graphics. I get average 30fps with drops up to 12fps and max 40fps on a gtx 770 4gb and i5 4670k. Is there a way to improve performance? Can you upload your own, custom gameprofile.xml to come with your mod? It would be nice. What do i do with the bin folder that came with the mod? When i paste the content into the original bin folder, my game crashes.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  13. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I doubt ThatGuy will reply to you anytime soon. So you'll get reply from me instead :)
    As you can see I have a PC config similar to yours and have same slowdowns with "All on Ultra" setting. It is because ThatGuy made "Ultra" for GTX 980 and higher. I have pretty stable 30 FPS at "All on High" setting at 1080p with Temporal SMAA and Ultra textures. You can try add KuroTenshi's textures, I heard they improve performance with Ultra textures without loss of quality. Also you can try these textures: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=399987

14. game3source

game3source Guest

GPU:
    gtx 770 4gb

Thanks, Im using the KuroTenshi's textures linked in the description of the mod. I set some of the graphics options down so it still looks good and runs well, thanks for the advice. But what do i do with the bin folder?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  15. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    bin folder contains Reshade injector with KuroTenshi's graphics enhancements. Try it. If you won't like it just delete his files in your bin folder.

16. game3source

game3source Guest

GPU:
    gtx 770 4gb
    But when i paste it into the bin folder my game crashes at start.

17. game3source

game3source Guest

GPU:
    gtx 770 4gb
    Oh no. My game crashed... 3 times. After 10min of playing, game slows down, I start to get 3fps, system.exe starts using 100% ram and 100% cpu and it just crashes. What's up with that?!?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  18. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Just a little extra information. As I can't post in the name of TGOT, information in first post is outdated. The textures and sweetfx are outdated. Theses textures are just a format change, that allows indeed a slighly better graphic quality with slightly better performance (better compression method).

Now I updated that with 1200 reworked "ultra" textures, lighter and with better quality. So a real change in performances and quality (no mipmaps removing). The Reshade preset has been greatly updated too to further increase textures details, while minimizing other changes.

Here are my personal tastes : https://mega.nz/#!RMMGBLyb!_ijrs78TPIMpqfRaViu-Il1DlVRsh6EbIdphtbI1LaE

My personal tastes are based on Marduk, that I heavily modified with TGOT, others's features, tweaks, and also integrated 1200 reworked textures. You can set Ultra settings even with a GTX 670 2gb and Temporal SMAA.

So let's rather test this.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  19. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    I had this issue too. Try add in the launch shortcut the parameter --disablepagefilecheck, outside the double quotes.
    Put at least 8gb of virtual memory.

I think 8gb of RAM is not enough for WD with Ultra textures if you don't have at least 3gb of VRAM. I suggest upgrading to 12gb or 16gb.

I had to upgrade to 16gb of RAM to stop these massive slowdowns.

20. game3source

game3source Guest

GPU:
    gtx 770 4gb
    I have 4gb of Vram. The game acts strange. Sometimes it crashes, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes system.exe makes it crash instead, sometimes it doesn't?! Now it crashed when i tried to invade one of those criminals from the bonus missions with the suitcases.. I solve the little hacking minigame and, bam, crashed.