Need for Speed Delayed to Spring 2016 for PC

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    EA and Ghost Games issued a press release announcing that the PC version of Need for Speed has been delayed until spring 2016. They explain that they hear, and agree with, requests for an unlocked fra...

Need for Speed Delayed to Spring 2016 for PC

2. Ziggymac

Ziggymac Guest

GPU:
    Asus 970 Strix SLi
    ..Of course there's no reason why these features couldn't be included without it affecting the release date, but EA don't want reviewers telling the world to buy the cheaper, lower profit and technically superior PC version when there's a higher profit, technically inferior console version available.:rolleyes:

3. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    and let's not forget fallout 4 is coming out on 10th nov.

4. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    This explicitly means that it's a pure console game that will be ported later.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    All the games have lock framerates means one thing to me, they didnt do there job right and lock the fps to hide the fact it not optimized right..

BTW has the batman game be re released on pc yet or is still being fixed

eh next Bethesda game i get will be what ever the next elder scroll game is called.

I never like fallout mostly cause i see it a shooter

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    wasnt aware that the Frostbite engine was prioritized for 30fps. Wonder how dice got simultaneous releases for BF then, oh, and danger close' MOH.

7. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    ...also there is the very bad review from PC beta tester.

it is a positive point.

8. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Wait a sec..."increase the visuals" what does that mean?

All games a developed in a 3d program like maya. You bake the model and textures and export the fbx file to your game engine, from there you do your scaling.

So...wtf are they on about? The original files already exist - frame rate is an engine *.ini file...I can perhaps go with some subtlety on particle effects, but these are post processing fx after the frame has been drawn, so another tick box in your engine.

Is Frostbite that hampered it requires a recoding of every single asset prior to compiling?

9. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Most of the time that means higher-res textures and more complex shaders... or just making them work at acceptable frame rate.

10. Hughesy

Hughesy Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    My guess is they have "stupidly" tied physics to frame rate again, hence its going to take ages to rework... It's not a game I'd play even if they paid me:puke2:

11. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    So...they have got lower resolution textures in Maya? And...have to recreate all of the textures in Maya before they bake them? Yah, that doesn't make any sense. They already have got the FBX file and the textures they need, and I suspect they got them in the game/graphics engine already and this is just a poorly worded sentence that is probably Chinese whispers from a long list of people.

The person that said this needs to either explain what they mean, or reword their sentence so it clarifies 'increase' because I suspect they meant something else.

I shiver at the thought. I remember Jack Fraqs saying how awesome one of the NFS games was, even though the frame rate was stuck at 30. Shill.

12. BD2015

BD2015 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1080 Ti x2
    Yeah, RPG games are serious threat to arcade driving games these days. ;-D

13. BarryB

BarryB Guest

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    Can they delay it until 2116?

14. rta

rta Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX970
    They having trouble getting the in-game micro-transaction store working correctly with Apple Pay?:wanker:

15. SHS

SHS Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    Yup and it will not be on Steam as well so it s@#k to be you EA as for Need for Speed Delayed who care NOT ME as last one I bought was NFS: Hot Pursuit (2010).

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015

16. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    err no. It's a little more complicated than that. There's a lot more factors to take into account.

Don't take this as me defending the game devs though, this NFS will be as crap as the last 10

17. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Well, I haven't played them - but the graphics engine *.ini files and the post-processing, I am simplifying stuffs but essentially this is how it works in Frostbite and Unreal and CryEngine. Draw the polygons, fill them in, run post-processing, move onto next frame.