Question about drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by heuver, Sep 13, 2015.

1. heuver

heuver Guest

GPU:
    RX580 4Gb
    Hi, i have a sony vaio laptop and i would to know if there is someway to install a graphic driver directly from amd/ati? Because i have to use th graphic drivers that vaio give me.

If it is possible, how i can do it?

Thanks

Edit: My vaio model is SVE14A3X1EW

2. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    If you are running Win 10 then you are out of luck as AMD won't fix the bug that causes CCC not to work properly for your machine.

3. heuver

heuver Guest

GPU:
    RX580 4Gb
    Hi, i'm using Windows 8.1, my problem is that vaio give me the drivers and when i want to update with the official tool from amd/ati a message say me that i must to put in contact with the company of my laptop to update it.

4. heuver

heuver Guest

GPU:
    RX580 4Gb
    I already solve the problem:

Looking for a solution, i found, in this forum, a DDU v15.4.1.1 tool which uninstalls everything that graphics drivers could have installed before. After used it ( in safe mode) I can install ATI/AMD drivers 15.7.1 without problems, drivers works perfectly and allow me able to play MGS V The Phantom Pain

Thank you and I hope this post can help everybody that have the same problem I had.

5. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    that's interesting, i thought sony (& toshiba) dont allow generic amd drivers to install

6. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    There was never a restriction as such. It had more to do with CCC not working properly for these switchable devices. (not having any menus).

A few years ago the drivers had to be modded by hobbyist to even support switching for example but this wasn't limited to sony & toshiba. AMD has been making some progress on the whole switchable graphics front.

Still not perfect however. Too many bugs still exist.

Small example =
    Currently a lot of Sony laptops with switchable graphics are out of luck on Win 10 because AMD won't fix CCC / the drivers from initialising properly.