CRT re-alignment ?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Roccer, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Roccer

Roccer Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti XC ULTR
    anyone know how to re-align the firing tubes inside a CRT? i cant RMA my monitor cause its out of warranty and i dont want to pay for a repair job. my text is slightly out of focus so i hafta take it upon myself to fix it. it can be done, i just want to double check some stuff b4 i crack open the housing.

any link that more clearly explains the monitor interior will help.

2. Tension

Tension Guest

sorry Roccer all i know about monitors is that if you don't know what you're doing you can get quite a nice jolt from them... Be sure you know how to discharge the capacitors before you go pokin around... good luck.

p.s. know anything about my memory post in this forum?? ;)

and BTW I'm in Batavia...small world i guess

3. Roccer

Roccer Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti XC ULTR
    im not to worried about the "nice jolt" ill make sure capacitors are drained first. eh, i survived a "nice jolt" from a 300w PSU before (other than a numb right hand for about 2hrs, i was fine :p), so while im not to worried, i still dont want to chance death again....

4. bourbon

bourbon Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Raedon 9800 flashed to pro
    You shouldn't be so dismissive. The charges stored in a CRT monitor can be lethal.

5. Roccer

Roccer Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti XC ULTR
    i know that there is a lethal charge. but still, how to re-align the electron gun?

i wouldnt be asking if i didnt know all the risks involved.

6. ironblood

ironblood Member Guru

GPU:
    HIS ATi Radeon x1600pro 256mb
    Man, a shock from one of those crts would send you clear around the room... and then some lol

7. Roccer

Roccer Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti XC ULTR
    i dont care about the shock, just tell me how to realign plz.

8. bourbon

bourbon Master Guru

GPU:
    Maybe you should. The shock could cause anything from serious injury to death.

9. bourbon

bourbon Master Guru

GPU:
    Sorry about that. I've looked around, but I haven't found anything that addresses how to realign it. Found lots of other diy monitor repair though. Are you sure this doesn't require some kind of equipment that only repair shops have?

10. Roccer

Roccer Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti XC ULTR
    im not being dismissive, thnkx for the concern though, but i am prepared to work on it. if i do need any special tools, my college will have it. i rather repair it myself than have to pay some bloated price to get it fixed. my computer hardware teacher has been helping me with questions when needed, im just trying to find some more info b4 i do this project. i pretty much know how, but i just want to double check some stuff. ive done it with older tvs b4, just not with a high end CRT.

like ive said, i wouldnt be trying to do it myself if i wasnt aware and accounting for all the dangers that go along with this "tune up".