AMD Catalyst 15.8

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by lorikano, Aug 31, 2015.

1. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    So all you guys have stuttering in GTA5 on Win10?! On Win7 with 15.8 runs like it should...

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  2. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    I don't have any kind of stutter in gta v, playing it all maxed out except the
    advanced graphics draw distance being in the middle, and no aa.
    It does however lag a lot if i don't change from 1080p to 1440p. Dunno what the
    cause of that might be.

3. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Tried FC3 and Blood Dragon (don't have FC4), both of which flashed on the 15.7.1's for me in crossfire. No more flashing but they both run horribly now, random frame drops into the 20's every few meters. I've never seen anything like it, just vomit inducing. :puke2: Tried with vsync, different max prerendered frames options and vsync off, nothing makes a difference.

4. TonyTurbo

TonyTurbo Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 @ 1750/1180
    Windows 10, 15.8 driver and 390 crossfire is a horrendous experience. Constant stutters, clocks dropping and really bad overall experience in most games for me. Gone back to the 15.7.1 and will put up with the black screen issue till next driver. Terrible release.

5. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I checked the game and I do get stutter now. I don't know if it's a driver thing or a Windows 10 thing. My settings are exactly the same as under Windows 10. I tried with the 15.7.1, 1102.0 and 1040.0 DLL. 1040.0 seems to be the best, but it might be subjective.

6. deadliner

deadliner Guest

GPU:
    HIS 7950 IceQ X² 3GB
    Try Daum Potplayer. VLC isn't the king of the hill anymore. :)
    https://potplayer.daum.net/

7. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    MPC-HC is the king of my hill :D

8. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    Literally no difference for me, i had 1040 1062 1065 1102 1151

9. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7700 XT
    Thanks for the recommendation. I tried out PotPlayer and it's now my new favorite. :)

10. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Tried both but I like the simplistically of MPC-HC. Both are great media players.

11. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Besides FC3 and Blood Dragon stuttering, everything else I've tried runs great. People are saying GTAV stutters but for me, it's probably the smoothest it's ever been. I literally drove around the whole island and I don't remember it dropping a frame below 60 a single time. I have been getting an annoying stutter in dx8 games since upgrading to Windows 10. The frames will stay pegged at 60 but the scene will shudder (like the screen is losing sync) at random times. Happens in Chaser, No one livers forever 2, and Chrome (the game). It doesn't happen in older OpenGL games like Jedi Outcast or Return to Castle Wolfenstein or in dx8 games using dx8 to dx9 converter like Red Faction and Max Payne. For this reason, I think it's tied to dx8 somehow. Does anyone playing dx8 games (without enb dx8 to dx9 converter) experience the same thing?

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Only tried Witcher 3 and Evil Within, nothing seems to be changed. Performance about the same as 15.7.1 (windows 10). Didnt run 3Dmark to see if there is any improvements tho...

13. velocityx

velocityx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
    performance is crap in FC3 with these and windows 10.

14. GhostriderJnr

GhostriderJnr Guest

GPU:
    AMD Fury X 4GB
    I tried 15.8 and when I tried to set up PLP Eyefinity my side portrait screens visually looked like they were in portrait but mouse functions behaved like landscape and I could not complete the Eyefinity set up.
    This made it almost impossible to click on anything. I restarted the PC and the problem persisted. Even a clean uninstall of Drivers/CCC and then ran DDU in safe mode and the problem still occurred even when I went back to 15.7.1 and tried again to set up eyefinity PLP.
    Had to do a system restore, what a nightmare!

15. mysteriously

mysteriously Guest

GTA VC stuttering badly for me since very early Win10 builds. I also lost some FPS. On Win7 min fps was like 35, Win10 can drop to 20 on same settings. The only difference is I used classic theme on Win7 to save some graphics memory. I "play" on 1920x1200

16. fashric

fashric Guest

GPU:
    MSI 290X Lightning LE
    Horrible stuttering in The Witcher 3 with these CFX on or off back to 15.7.1 all is good again.

17. XtoX

XtoX Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X
    I have enormous memory leak with 15.8 (My 8GB are full and i have to restart Win10 after 10min of playing.)
    Task Manager say that only 400Mo of software are loaded in windows. So i've reinstalled 15.7.1 and no more problems

Edit: It's not 15.8... Killer Network driver...

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  18. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    These drivers haven't fixed any of the crossfire issues that some games have.

Farcry 4 still suffer from horrible slowdowns, where gpu usage drops to half.

Dying Light still suffers from flickering lights.

Witcher 3 suffers from terrible stuttering.

It's about time for AMD to focus a little bit on crossfire.

19. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I have no idea if it is the case here, but those issue could also be game related. Which would mean that AMD can't fix it.

20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Dying Lights a game prob, needs a patch, still got the flickering blood splatter in Xfire/SLi.