Metal Gear Solid 5 confirmed for PC

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    No idea if this is a spoiler or not but I don't get to use it much. :)

It's hard to know what is real and what isn't in the prologue. The fire demon is trying to take Snake back to hell from where he escaped, I presume. It also raises some interesting points about the bosses he fights in MGS. Is Psycho Mantis even real? Is he still suffering from long term mental health issues? A piece of metal sticking out of his head can't have helped much.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/287700/discussions/0/527274088387171208/

1.003 is out. :)

3. kapo

kapo Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    I think a Metal Gear 1 and 2 remake would make more sense. Since they were released on msx way back in the day it gives konami the freedom to pretty much make two brand new games that loosely follow the story. It would also give us some much needed playtime with young solid snake.

But would they be good without Kojima? Does Konami even want to continue making large budget video games?

4. fullban

fullban Guest

GPU:
    AORUS GeForce 1080ti

5. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I suspect that it's a lie, as all it shows is gameplay. Useless.

6. fullban

fullban Guest

GPU:
    AORUS GeForce 1080ti
    top left corner shows his stats tho

7. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://kotaku.com/one-of-metal-gear-solid-vs-most-important-story-scenes-1728467641

8. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Yeah i'm loving it so far too!

I find the sneaking part pretty hard sometimes, specially in small spaces in a enemy base i sometimes run into a group of 2. :bang:

9. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    I do hate these super soldiers who have super speed etc, it annoys me so much, i just ran away and somehow i survived and i finished the mission.

How many of these type of events happen later on?

EDIT: Is anyone else getting lag spikes sometimes? i've got a couple that freezes the game for a couple of seconds, very annoying.

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Ok started to play and tell me. Do I need to play previous ground zero or what ever it is, thing. Pls?

11. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    You don't need it, but it is a prequel to the events in MGSV. And, if your save from Ground Zeroes can be uploaded to TPP. Offering a few bonuses.

12. ayakaza

ayakaza Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6800 XT
    That guy on fire is wearing snake stealth suit and had the same fragment in his body and face.

13. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Loving this so far, only on the 3rd or 4th mission, was getting awful ratings at the start but im getting the hang of it lol

Oh, i was reading around the web and happened on so info that says its important to do the optional side missions for the first few chapters.

14. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Yeah I would say its really important to get some of the translator missions

Cheers for the link Jonas, will check that out in a couple weeks time I guess haha

15. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Do that, I found it to be quite a interesting read, there's some text describing the events but primarily it's a video showing the entire deleted content via concept art and prototype cutscenes, having watched it I wonder why they would cut something like that when it apparently already was part of the game although a bit unfinished.
    (It's a bit like a epilogue, can't really describe it more without risking to spoil certain details.)

EDIT: As to try and do a summary of what the above content does.
    (Huge spoilers obviously, would be best not to read this until you've finished the storyline fully yourself first.)
    Sets up the continuation from this game to Metal Gear Solid 1
    (Vaguely, though if you've played MGS1 and know the characters - including, in this game, who Eli actually is. - you would know the connection.)

Further sets up the emotional bond between Eli / Liquid Snake and Psycho Mantis.
    (I'm guessing there's a bit in the existing game too.)

Further sets up the bond between Eli / Liquid Snake and BigBoss or, well "Venom Snake".
    (Might be a bit of this in the existing game as well.)

Acts as a final epilogue to the game concluding some lose ends.
    (Such as a Eli himself and his band of child-soldiers and a certain metal gear unit which also appears as it would have acted as a final boss to the game and finally a parasitic virus strain.)

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    God this game is massive, 22 hours played and 11% done lol.

I heard there are 5 different zones?

How did they fit all of this into 22gb blows my mind.

17. DualCORE1

DualCORE1 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    just wondderring which is cheapest and best place to buy metal gear solid 5 for the pc

18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    got mines from cdkeys for £33 (there's a 5% facebook like discount as well)

19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Kojima does not need konami. He can just go somewhere else and continue with the MGS series. Would MGS look so bad under Capcom? I dont think so. :)
    I also completed those 2 games on the MSX way back around 1987. Purchased it through "Grey Import" back in the Halcyon days from the "Pink pages" in ACE magazine (remember that). They were no were near as big as what they are now and there were much better games around at the time. Stealth was good for its time albeit isometric 2d graphics.
    Gradius was probably the best game on the MSX tbh almost Arcade perfect.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  20. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Lol, ACE magazine, those were the days.

Man this game can get tense, was sneaking around a base taking out a few enemies choking them, last c4 to plant, jumps into a dumpster instead of climbing onto it, alert, Rambo, bloody stressful, could induce a heart attack lol