MSI afterburner bug report & suggestion

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nintendo

nintendo Guest

GPU:
    Intel HD graphics family
    So I need some help. Whenever I try to record with MSI and my webcam they crash and I need to reinstall MSI. I have the newest version. I use youcam for my webcam. Does MSI afterburner not work with a webcam?

2. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I can't seem to get the RT OSD working in Windows 10, is it just me or a known issue?

EDIT: It seems to be an issue with Grim Dawn, as the OSD works in Fallout: New Vegas.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  3. txd1979

txd1979 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    I only get 0 MHz on core speed in AB after updating from Win 8.1 to Win 10. Will there be any updates for AB soon?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  4. dyno0919

dyno0919 Guest

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 970
    Just thought I would also report in on an issue:

After upgrading to Windows 10, several of the monitoring values are incorrect (GPU core clock, memory usage, etc to name a few). As I only use Afterburner to change fan speed, that doesn't bother me too much. GPU-Z reports the correct values, so I am led to believe something is incorrect in Afterburner specifically.

Hopefully there will be an update for Windows 10 that doesn't completely break everything like EVGA Precision did haha.

5. kindahuge

kindahuge Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury X
    Hello, I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro x64 from 7 Ultimate a few days ago, and have identified Afterburner as the cause of a runtime error that happens when opening various settings links from the settings menu.

It gave me a Visual C++ Runtime Error R6034 and noted SysWOW64/dllhost.exe as the issue, and I've seen several other people discovering some of their third party software caused interference in this specific way too. Here's a link to my Microsoft thread so you can see some specifics:

answers(dot)microsoft**********/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/windows-10-runtime-errors-after-upgrading/b31c1c17-2836-455c-bd1d-9311678f0296?tm=1438450835127

Sorry, first post so I can't link correctly.

It's also worth noting that Afterburner and Rivatuner did not show up on my startup programs list in Win10, although they did both still start up. In my case, this actually allowed them to slip through clean boot as they weren't listed among the various startup processes. That could easily be an issue with MS's upgrade, hard to say.

Anyway, I'm not having any specific trouble running afterburner now that I know to just exit from it if I want to avoid Windows GUI bugs. It appears to be monitoring and allowing control properly as it did before.

6. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    I had this issue since Windows 8.1 x64 and it continues in Windows 10 x64.
    I have Gigabyte R9 290X and GPU usage doesn't seems to work as it should, sometimes GPU usage drops to 0 percent (fps not dropping), even though i'm currently play a game with full eyecandy on. It doesn't matter what game i play, just gpu usage show this weird behavior.

7. bOse

bOse Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    I cant seem to be able to take screenshots or to record videos using the H264 codec on Windows 10 Pro x64

8. michaelmk86

michaelmk86 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    Monitoring vram usage bug!

I am using a sapphire 390, and the latest version of AB(4.1.1), When I use more than 4GB the vram usage monitoring reset it self, what i mean

If I use up to 4GB it says the correct value.
    If I use 4.5GB it says that I am using 0.5GB
    If I use 5.5GB it says that I am using 1.5GB
    and so on.

9. reeven

reeven Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTX280 750/1450/3000
    Salut, i upgraded to win10, and i notice an problem.
    I use custom fan speeds, but at every pc startup calatyst amd set fan speeds, not msi afterburner.
    I need to exit and start again msi afterburner at every pc startup for custom fan speed to be enabled.
    Anyone know an fix?

fx8350 cpu, 990fx chipset, msi 280x and/or 290 build by ati. Both gpus does that.

10. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3060
    Hello, I want to report a VRAM monitoring issue.
    Afterburner reports more VRAM usage than what my GTX 970 has.
    While playing Lords of the Fallen with Ultra textures on, Afterburner showed over 6GB of VRAM usage. My GTX 970 only has 4GB of VRAM. The same happened on Batman AK and ME: Shadow of Mordor.
    I don't know if this a bug or if it is the intended behavior. I'm running Windows 10, that never happened before on Windows 8.1, nor with my older card a 4GB GTX 680.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015

11. MrBridgeSix

MrBridgeSix Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 1060 6GB
    On Windows 10 with the 355.60 driver, VRAM is all messed up, memory clock sometimes is reported as 0 and sometimes not reported at all, VRAM usage shows dedicated + shared VRAM (not sure if bug or feature)...

12. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I can't get automatic profile switching to work on Windows 10, it was working fine on 7 and 8.1.

13. bozzy

bozzy Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 660ti OC / 860m
    I have a bug with the clocks going ballistic after standby. Apologies, I created a separate thread about this in the subforum.

14. Liquor

Liquor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780tiSC Underwater
    issues on W7 and W10

SWTOR and the OSD doesn't display every time. usually I have to reboot to get it to display. even if I cold start the rigs. OSD shows up in X-split broadcaster.

3 different rigs do the same thing. doesn't matter what version of msi afterburner or rivatuner I use. its always done it. I can never get MSI Afterburner to display the OSD regularly. when I do get it, it seems random and after a reboot. nothing else changes. I have been able to get the OSD once on the laptop recently.

EVGA Precision X16 does work, every time. but im not a fan of how it is displayed. cant change the titles nor display CPU info.

I'm currently on latest MSI Afterburner version. OS is updated, GPU Drivers are the latest versions.

Rig 1:
    Asus impact VI
    i7 4770k
    Kingston 2400 ram - 16GB
    250 GB Evo SSD - OS & SWTOR game
    250 GB Evo SSD - other games/apps
    256 GB Pro SSD - storage
    EVGA 780tiSC
    650 W PSU
    W7

Rig 2:
    Asus impact VI
    i7 4770k
    Kingston 2400 ram - 16GB
    250 GB Evo SSD - OS & SWTOR game
    250 GB Evo SSD - other games/apps
    3TB WD Red - storage
    Asus 760 GTX DCUII
    620 W PSU
    W7

Rig 3:
    Lenovo y510p
    i7 4700
    16 GB ram @1600
    M.2 SSD 256GB - OS and SWTOR game
    1TB HDD - other games/apps and storage plus W8.1 boot (rarely used)
    Dual 755m GT GPUs in SLI
    W10 and W8.1

Razer game booster is used. I can disable it or uninstall it but the problem persists.

15. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060

16. Liquor

Liquor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780tiSC Underwater
    it seems I have it working now. I ended up uninstalling and deleting all profiles and reinstalling along with RTSS.

17. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Same here. Newer drivers have the same problem. I'm on Win10 x64 / 355.83.

18. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    What about just putting a higher delay for dll-injection in your config as described in the linked thread?
    So much trouble of installing, re-instralling and deleting all profiles instead of just editing one config file with a text editor... :nerd:

19. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Has anyone managed to get automatic profile switching to work on Windows 10?

20. Liquor

Liquor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780tiSC Underwater
    i had already uninstalled and did a clean install before checking the forums. but ill keep it in mind if it shows up again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.