MSI Launches Z170I Gaming Pro AC Small Form factor Motherboard

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. James Frazer

James Frazer Member Guru

GPU:
    NA
    It looks good except for that awful looking wireless chip that stands out a mile. If they were going to do that, why not have it on the underside? First thing I would want to do if I got one of these is to cover that up.

3. Ch0plol

Ch0plol Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 770 4GB
    I agree. Would be nice if they put some type of shield over it that matches the color scheme.

4. hansip87

hansip87 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    The only thing separate me and this board is crazy dollar rate in my country.. Plus my i3770k still alive and well and underutilized.. But it's so itchy to upgrade :'(

PS: 8pin ATX is a bit weird though, like it got blocked with the Heatsink

5. go4brendon

go4brendon Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Seahawk X
    Well if you put a gfx card in it you wouldnt see it surely. That being said this is probably one of the best looking mini itx boards ive seen in awahile.

6. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Wonder how a Nano would fit in that slot...?

7. James Frazer

James Frazer Member Guru

GPU:
    NA
    Not true... It sits above the GPU not below it. The cooler of the GPU hangs over the edge of the motherboard.

8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    That card is removable. Why would you put a shield over something that is designed to be removable? That would be stupid. Also, in SFF systems, people typically aren't worried so much about what the motherboard looks like because most are not using windowed side panels.

9. James Frazer

James Frazer Member Guru

GPU:
    NA
    No, what is stupid is thinking that you couldn't put a removable cover plate over it. Or like I mentioned i my own post earlier, it could have been put on the underside of the board. If you can fit an M.2 socket on the underside of an ITX board as many manufacturers did with the Z97 chipset then I am sure this would fit too.

As for your argument that 'people typically aren't worried so much about what the motherboard looks like because most are not using windowed side panels.', if that was true, why do they worry about the aesthetics of the board at all then? There are also an increasing amount of SFF cases that feature window panel too.