Games Incompatible with Windows 10

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Darren Hodgson, Jul 30, 2015.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Update: BioShock 2 now works properly. Not sure whether clean install or some Windows update fixed it.
    Using Catalyst 15.7.1 driver as before.

2. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Didnt have problems with it in the 1st place....like any others people have problems with.... :3eyes:

3. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Pretty sure any settings with CFX running

4. psefergr70

psefergr70 Member

GPU:
    gigabyte g1 gaming gtx970
    2 more problematic games
    Wolfschanze 2 and Assassin's Creed ii
    the fist one starts and you get a black screen unable to do anything and the second it starts and after lucie asks you to enter the animus you get a white screen unable to do anything!

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    AC 2 works fine for me, maybe try different GPU driver version?

6. psefergr70

psefergr70 Member

GPU:
    gigabyte g1 gaming gtx970
    my friend you have an ati graphics card and i have nvidia.
    i thought that this would probably be the problem but i have tried wolfschanze
    with another driver in another pc i have (nvidia) also and doesn't run.i will try assasin's creed 2 later today.
    What i didn't mention is both systems are from upgrading from windows 8.1.
    This also maybe the problem

7. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Confirmed on both FC3 and Blood Dragon, dx11 and crossfire is a psychedelic light show. Probably a good idea for anyone with crossfire to avoid any modern Ubisoft title.

8. Illnino

Illnino Guest

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    All games work fine here except that I tried to play Rift the other day (which I haven't played in ages) and it crashes 1sec after launching....oh well

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yea I realised you have nvidia card, hence the "general" suggestion about driver as the game can work in W10 ;)
    I upgraded from W7, but doubt that's the thing here.

Maybe try un- and re-installing the game and then let Ubisoft Autopatcher run.
    I installed AC 2 recently from disc and both UPlay and the game received several updates before launching.

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Not specifically a Windows 10 issue, I am coming across a growing number of Unity engine games that do not work properly with the Xbox One controller.

The issue is that the controller moves to the left on its own both in-game and in the menus making many unplayable. Affected games include Ori and the Blind Forest, Beyond Eyes, Glare and Mini Motors Racing EVO (all Unity games). Also, Grandia II Anniversary Edition, which was released on Steam yesterday has the same issue and that does not use Unity.

Very annoying. Makes me wish I'd stuck with Windows 8.1 or at least kept my Xbox 360 controller...

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Not that it helps, but I had similar issues with my X360 controller and Unreal engine titles in Win 7 some time ago.
    For example the controls for the left stick were inversed in Batman: Arkham Asylum. Fixed it by manually changing the direction mapping in the .ini files
    (= adding a minus sign in front of direction mapping).

I think it was later fixed officially by a patch, so chances are your issue gets fixed with a newer driver for XO controller and/or game patches.

12. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Heroes of Might & Magic V plus its two expansions, which I bought as part of the Might & Magic Humble Bundle earlier on this week, do not work on Windows 10 unless you set the compatibility of the game executable to "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)".

Using "Windows Vista" and higher result in flickering video playback during loading and a crash back to the desktop prior to the main menu appearing.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I actually bought the same bundle.
    This is strange since i had no problems wtih it , i didnt have to set any comp mode to run it properly

14. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    having some kind of sound problem in Wolfenstein the new order, just tried it for the first time on win 10, seems like the sound is a bit off, i can only hear the sound of my rifle, sometimes all sound comes back, weird, haven't had any issue in all the other games i have.

15. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Your specs show Windows 7 so you are using that or Windows 10?

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    You won't believe this but OSD was working on Win10 while in SLI mode but not single GPU mode. Always funny when SLI is better at something than single GPU.

17. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I noticed from early on that some games (supcom 1, supcom FA, W3) do not alt tab well in W10.

18. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    No im using windows 10, i guess i never changed that even when i was on 8 or 8.1

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well, on my system, if I do not use Windows XP compatibility for all the Heroes of Might & Magic V titles then I see a very badly corrupted/flickering Ubisoft logo animation during loading following by a crash to the desktop shortly after.

Even Vista, 7 and 8 compatibility do not work. With Windows XP compatibility the games run fine. In fact, I just found out that Tribes of the East had a newer v3.1 update that added widescreen support plus the campaigns from the base game and Hammer of Fate so that was very nice (for some reason this was not installed or detected when I first ran the game and even the base game was using v1.5 instead of v1.6 when the patch was in one of the game folders!).

Are you running Steam with Admin privileges or anything like that?

P.S. I played the Might & Magic Heroes VII Beta originally with no problems but yesterday it kept crashing despite me having verified the game files. In the end I found that setting Windows 8 compatibility on the game executable allowed me to play the game without issue. Kind of weird really.

20. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    no im not running this on steam im using Uplay. I didnt realise the key was also for steam tbh