Battlefield 4 Night Operations Cinematic Trailer

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    What's it like to play a Battlefield 4 map that takes place at night? You'll know soon enough, when Battlefield 4 Night Operations releases in September 2015. Have a peek after the break....

Battlefield 4 Night Operations Cinematic Trailer

2. masterboy

masterboy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5
    There is no mistake in Advertising their games, but the game functionality is another thing...

3. cps1974

cps1974 Guest

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX770 4GB
    played BF1942 through to BF: Hardline (beta)

never found any major issues in the games besides folk blaming all their deaths on netcode or some other EA/DICE/server side related issue, or h4x0r

:banana:

4. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT

5. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    this will mean I die more and see less ................. guess it could be fun

6. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    I dont remember if it was in Bf2 special forces where you had every map in night condition.

7. russ1

russ1 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 Hurricane
    I hate the night time in any shooter. I die to many times, and if i turn the brightness up it don't look good.

8. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I'm failing to see how running around a map using a FLIR the entire time is going to constitute "night operations". May as well just make all the maps grey/white.

9. screwtech02

screwtech02 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900 XTU
    BF2 SF had its own map packs. Don't believe any of the regular maps were night based.

10. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I would applaud this if the game didn't have FLIR, etc.

But with FLIR/IRNV my carelevel: 0 []========= 100

11. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Right cos the real armed forces just bumble around in the dark hoping for the best?

Anyways both "night" sights have been nerfed in this patch too also the map has fog everywhere which dulls the sights even more.

It's a fun map imo and I feel at least in CTE changes the pace of the map/game.

12. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    You would be shocked...

13. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    All seems a bit dark to me, I know they want to maintain some realism but if you want to make a game work at night then add some more light sources and the trailer really needs some bigger explosions, not that impressed.

14. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    I dont know, the night maps who was on BF2 and Bf3 expansions, was just purely excellent. Some of the best party i have see with BF ..

You dont like it, dont play it.. simple as that.

This video have been made by Battlefield fans, not EA nor Dice .. But used by Dice for the expansion launch.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  15. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Then the fans should have made the explosions bigger i'm still not impressed :p

16. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    IRL =/= Videogame

If everything was as is in IRL, we'd have a plethora of issues with balance. AEK For instance would be completely insane at CQC/Medium range, crazier then it is now.

17. cps1974

cps1974 Guest

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX770 4GB
    the night maps were included in the expansion - Devils Perch, Leviathan & Night Flight - but I believe map packs were released allowing the vanilla game (BF2) to have night time equivalents of favourites like Karkand & Sharqi

18. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    I like the night map idea. I run around with FLIR/IR anyway on regular maps. Unfortunately since the last patch, I always get errors saying disconnected etc... check port 3659 or whatever. Before that I just wasn't even able to connect to servers outright, which in retrospect was better since when I did manage to connect, at least I knew I would stay connected. Now I start gaming, score a kill or two, then get booted which is infinitely more frustrating. Suffice to say I won't be paying for anything BF related anymore.

19. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    There are fixes on the net for that port error. You probably should look it up if you'd want to play...

But, always flir? In daylight? Maybe you don't check that port and don't game anymore... he who can't see good uses visual helps like that. :D

20. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    Fixes don't work, tried multiple ones.

Yes, almost always. I find it more fun. And just because I use it as my main scope doesn't mean I don't zoom out of it.