WD - Updated Texture Repack 3.5 and v4.0

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Sunset, Jun 28, 2014.

1. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    I just talked several times to the support and the dev, by phone.
    But indeed I didn't talk to commercials or directors.

But I asked the question because one of my mod disappeared from Mega. They said me my mod didn't have any issue for them and that it was Mega culprit (they didn't send DMCA request). And they added that they were on the contrary very pro-modding, while it's free, no piracy, no cheating and not spreading of the game code (reverse engineering).

I didn't get banned from Ubisoft's forum by linking a mod (mine for example). But indeed, you have to stay moderate when you talk about mods. It's understandable as it's Watch Dogs support and game, not Watch Dogs' mods forum. Mods are not Ubisoft made, and they don't have any control on them.

You can reference mods for suggestions, fixes or reply for constraints but not to do advertising.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  2. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    Wait a minute ... I saw your textures, and sincerely I do not like, then I tested with a special program and most are identical to the original textures. Then I did not come in your thread to review your progress, if you belittle the work of others, you do not make a good impression. And then, I did not remove any mipmap, I just resized, but I seek them one by one, by resizing the textures that have less importance in the game. At last in my life, there are not only videogames...

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  3. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Just to say I didn't make any topic for my textures. It's just ONE link in a post in Definitive Mod's Thread.
    The link at first page is just a test for a format change of a few textures (for performances without quality loss). The link for reworked textures is in the latest pages of the thread.

I was just angry because of all your teasing, for a year, regarding 5 only minutes of work (you may have worked a lot, but then you didn't use an optimized method).

I don't blame your work, that is a good thing for the community. Just the way things are presented. It's not very respectful for people that awaited, for one year, something enormous.
    Like you I analyzed every textures too. that's why I only reworked 1800.

Finally, I have a life too, and a job.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  4. ModAiC

ModAiC Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7 260X
    Quit acting like turds both of you, please. This is a modding community and not the olympics in who is better than the other one. Just ignore eachothers or use PM so the people actually looking for posts that actually are for the mod don't get stuck in your guys immature fighting. Get along, this is just unnecessary.

5. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    But I'm not going to criticize in his thread, he however came into my thread, and I wanted to respond ... ;)

6. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    In yours first page... i read this

[​IMG]

i check these textures and are same original textures, why your last work not in the first page?

7. ModAiC

ModAiC Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7 260X
    Don't be all "Moooooom he did it first", since that won't lead anywhere because he probably will do the same. Just ignore him then if he keeps going.

8. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    I couldn't remove that (the topic). You are right, it was just the same textures with better performances and maybe less compression artifacts. The reworked textures is another thing. But it's not the matter.

I am just angered because tons of screens, videos, announces,... to everybody, "just" for that.
    It's not me. I just have a feeling of spoiling people and I don't like that. A bit like TV spots.

The subject is closed. Indeed it's childish but I am an impulsive one.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  9. mrbusket

mrbusket Guest

GPU:
    680 4gig x2
    I don't see a link to v5 anywhere...

10. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    link work , it is on video of youtube...

11. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    I loaded all textures with photoshop, to try to resize the larger ones, which could create problems of stuttering, it was not so much the work in compression, but in research, because most of them I let the same of original game...