DirectX 12 First Tests

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by PrMinisterGR, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    True, but i thought a game/engine like this would not be that different.

The worry for the future could be games that are released that can't be fixed by drivers so are entirely reliant on the developers, and based on historic experience i don't think that fills everyone with confidence.

It could even lead to people falling back to DX11 when the dev stops support, but the GPU vendor doesn't.

2. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    Yep, I found it "funny" myself as well, since both Star Swarm and AOTS are from Oxide Games and use their Nitrous engine, but whatever.

Hmm... Checking the results about the i3-4330 vs octa core i7-5960x, this dual core i3-4330 is a beast of a cpu, especially for it's price. :)

1080p high settings, heavy load:
    i7-5960x - 46.4 fps
    i3-4330 - 36 fps

Actually, I maybe know now my next cpu. Why would I bother myself with 6-8 core amd or intel cpus, while I could play the currently most advanced, heavily cpu intensive RTS in the world, with a cheap dual core cpu. :banana:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  3. Garwinski

Garwinski Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Fury X
    You really, REALLY do not like your cpu, do you? In what games are you bottlenecked by your cpu then? I play almost all my games at max settings, 1080p at 60 fps including newer games like Witcher 3 and Dying Light. The beauty of it is, the performance of my fx 8350 gets only better, as games as Dying Light, BF 4, Assassins Creed Unity are greatly multi threaded, something on which the FX cpus thrive on. Where is it that your fx cpu lacks so much power that you called your fx CPU so many times so extremely bad?

You are as persistent as a certain Roman statesman who hated carthage and concluded all his speeches, no matter the subject with "Furthermore, Carthage must be destroyed", only with you it is "furthermore, my FX 8350 is superbad" :D

Just curious where these bad experiences come from.:)

4. Prefix

Prefix Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R7 260X 2GB
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3NJMRBfqic

In 3dmark they hard code not to render things that won't display (and if u moved and spun backwards nothing would render that u see now) in game u cannot do that as u don't know 100% what will need to render next but they hard code synthetics and claimed it was a bug.

On the 980ti and Titan X by default Nvidia CP says let application decide however draw distance, anisotropic filtering and a few other things are lower than AMD as well.

[​IMG]

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Delenda Carthago est, or something similar :D

This might be a very noobish question, but what in particular do I see at that screenshot? Please help me find the difference (besides small rendering artifacts I wouldn't call extraordinary (he doesn't want to be disturbed :D)

6. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    I think its about the papers on the floor.

7. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Oh, very true! I was desperately trying to make out any differences on those concrete walls in the center of the ring...
    Well with the papers you're right, would hate to have them pup up 15 to 20 meters / 45 to 60 feet away from me while playing and sprinting around, could be very annoying.

8. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    Nvidia needs gsmeworks 2.0 and some money to win back

9. tarot

tarot Guest

GPU:
    XFX Vega 64
    hopefully they will release the ark survival dx12 soon. sells well now wait till they drop that hammer :)

10. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

In many screenshots I cannot see any difference no matter how hard I look. However, in those screenshots the difference is very clear. Gee :D it's almost as if they think Nvidia fanboi's care more about bragging rights of framerates rather than visual quality...

11. cleverman

cleverman Guest

GPU:
    290 970

Don't see how they got such bad benchmarks compared to the 970,
    comparisons ive made the 970 is about 5% faster than the 290.
    Nothing wrong with the AMD dx11 drivers from my experience,They have performance as expected and consistently 5 to 6% slower than the 970 for £80 cheaper in price.
    I don't think nvidea will have a answer to the amd performance benefit without a die redesign due to the asynchronous shaders amd use.
    A lot of hurt ego`s due to blind purchasing and ignorant narrow mindedness when dx12 games hit the shelves.
    I will sit back and enjoy my performance increase as I watch nvidea fans lick there wounds.

12. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    The amd dx11 drivers are just poor poor poor no way around that. The drivers are stable but that is it.

13. cleverman

cleverman Guest

GPU:
    asynchronous shaders

Speak for yourself,
    They work perfect here.
    I don't see why anyone has problems with them because I haven't had a single problem with them myself.
    Even with hairworks on wither 3 turned on using dx11 all is fine and dandy as you can see in this vid I made.

watch?v=6kD_RcfUukA

14. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Talking about performance here not stability.

15. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    lol no fps counter. For all we know you could only achieve 30fps on that settings. If you are that blind not to see in the benchmarks AOS the dx11 is so much lower than nvidia it's scary. The dx12 is much better and it's due to bad dx11 drivers. I see you the kind of person that will never have issues and if it works for you then everyone else is wrong....lol

16. cleverman

cleverman Guest

GPU:
    constant 60 fps.
    Last post before I get accused of something.

watch?v=xGTd86pWJ0A

Amd get bad publicity and that's unfare because there amazing cards,
    Nvidea propaganda is how I see it,
    There temps and power usage is no different from nvidea,
    Its a sea saw but nvidea would have you believe amd are power hungry and hot and that's not the case at all.

Old vid but still relevant today.
    watch?v=N5fi3ARXWKc

Last post before I get pointed as a troll

17. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Constant 60fps in witcher or you talking aout GTA 5? The witcher I can understand if you run 1080p 60hz but you run 2560x1440p so I'm impressed. I can't manage 60fps even on low settings but my I'm on old gen cards.

18. cleverman

cleverman Guest

GPU:
  19. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Wow, everybody else is wrong, and everybody else is to blame, and that sentence up there is simply oblivious of many reviews and real life experience. Are you not surprised that even fellow AMD users contradict your statements? No offense, just asking :rolleyes:

20. Phyxsyus

Phyxsyus Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Yeah, they will need it to sabotage DX12 and hold back AMD