Windows 10 Blocking Counterfeit Games ?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 18, 2015.

1. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    And i'm blocking Windows 10 from my Windows 7 Updates :D

2. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090
    not needed to pirate a game for years. All you need is a good job.

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Agreed partially, I use torrents to check if a game is worth buying, a demo if you want

90% are cr4p - and saved me a lot of cash

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    This +100.

5. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    That's not an excuse. You are still pirating the game.

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Matters not the name, if devs won't release a demo, I will use torrents to test - otherwise they are worse than pirates by forcing you to pay for sh1t

The new refund on steam is a good thing though

7. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    This x1000. I earn enough to buy all the games I want but that doesn't mean I need to waste my cash on a stinking pile of $hit

8. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    LoL. I used to pirate games back in 1985 when they were worth pirating. Nowadays in 2015 i wouldn't even waste my bandwidth or time pirating anything cause the majority of it is ****.:)

9. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    With me I pirate old dos and windows games because no one cares about those games and some of those games are hard to find. And it would be impossible for MS to find out if those games were pirated.

10. Tyler Dalton

Tyler Dalton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I don't really care about your opinion on the matter. I just recently downloaded ARK to see if I was able to run it on my system. After playing the single player for a couple of days I was happy with it and bought it. Maybe if developers would offer demos and trials like they used to with PC games then pirating wouldn't be an issue.

11. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070
    I have a no cd hack on my external hdd. Just today windows defender told me I had unauthorized software on my pc. It automatically quarantined it but I allowed it. Of course I have since disabled it checking my external drive for viruses etc. So my guess is its just these types of things that they will be using for this, doesn't seem like a big deal and or easy to get around

12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Well, I do not pirate games, but I buy very few games too in contrast to times when demos were common.

I buy only when I think it is really good game and worth it.

But I support people who get pirated copy for testing. Because while you can accuse them from stealing, they are actually preventing companies to steal from them.
    If statistically someone tells you that 90% of games he tries are bad and will not buy&play, then it is like purchasing 10 cars with 0 warranty knowing that 9 out of 10 will be defunct.

Only dimwit would in such scenario go blindly and buy them.

And just fyi, buying game based on trailer which does not even contains gameplay is like being victim of phishing.

Because that's how game sales are now, throw trailer to peoples faces around internet and someone is bound to get caught. It is just statistics, same as phishing.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  13. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Defender has been doing that since it came out and so have plenty of other anti virus's

i simply exclude my game and download folders from being auto scanned

14. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    i agree and desagree at the same time...

-yes what you email to your GF or what is your last pizza is a monetable data (have worked on data like this for a big cash and carry brand) and it is very lucrative data... but not only M$ spy to this, Alphabet (google lol) do it better, and even people give this data for free, (FB, survey after bough a thing, etc...).

-is it important? yes if you care and no if you accept to live in a world where everything is monetable (unless you have to live as a caveman... and even there google world can spy your ass when you go to wash in the river :) ).

well... we weren't under your bed but as your neighbourg :). and you have done the same in our land. but as Sting have writen in a song we are the same, this is positive despite the human nature.

15. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    my GF (my little poney game is her favorite right now... W10 for that lol) and the comptability, and a lot of people...

i don't of course (linux user on my main computer) :)

16. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    When it comes to Piracy, I am always reminded of a short from Amazon Women on the Moon:

Change "Video" to Game" and we're in business:

17. BarryB

BarryB Guest

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    Maybe steam ought to let people download games for free and lock them to 1 or 2 hour 'play time' and allow them to purchase the game if they like it or delete if they don't!

18. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    This is my favourite scene from that movie...