Metal Gear Solid 5 confirmed for PC

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, Aug 13, 2014.

1. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
  2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    No im not but thanks for that though i will take alook. Currently using v1.3.

3. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    no probs, was just wondering if someone else set it from git as i got annoyed with the bright patches on the ground being dark in PCSX :)

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I dont see any problems tbh with 1.3. I do get a hard crash though when fighting that guy in the forest, i think its the fury. I only get this crash if i use the Infra red googles and use the enhanced settings. If i toggle original ps2 settings while fighting the fury with one of the F keys its fine. This is the only time i see a problem.

5. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    I'm just at that point with the fury in the HD version, decided to get that as I was afraid of PCSX crashing, I hate games crashing especially at a critical point which is usually the case

6. xMishax

xMishax Guest

GPU:
    R9 380 4GB
    oh boy oh boy o.o cant way to see it !!!!

7. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    I'm using PCSX 1.2.1 and I played about 6 hours of Snake Eater today and no crashes so far.

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Hehe~

[​IMG]

Not long now.. 14 days to go.

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Its the one in the forest, I think its the fury. Also use savestates and not the emulated memory card for savegames as I found they can become corrupted.

10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Wouldn't rely solely on savestates though, had many a time of pressing the wrong key and losing hours of progress as I rewind, or having the emulator crash and I hadn't pressed saved in like an hour.

It's good when an emulator can do rolling save states, then you can just press one button without issue, but its not too common a feature, only ever used it on snes9x and zsnes

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I normally use have 3 save states at the same point so i have a backup if i lose one somehow, usually PEBKAC.

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Think i will go with the HD Collection, likely better controls and audio at the expense of worse visuals.

Mostly as you mentioned, it's the fear of time costing issues that's putting me off emulation.

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Nothing wrong with emulation if you set it up right. I think your wasting your money going down the HD route when you can just get the rom and pcsx2, set it up and away you go. Its up too you.

14. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    But then you get pcsx2 emulating mgs3's 30fps framerate (shown on pcsx2 as VPS). At least on 360 (the better version) you mostly get 60fps.

This is my understanding of it anyway, ps2 is capped at 30fps so won't ever go above it, even if you emulate (you'll just get a more consistent 30, as opposed to dipping down to 15 occasionally)

That and reworked UI and other smaller things.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  15. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    ^^ is this true that its capped at 25( pal )/30FPS regardless of what the framerate shows?

thanks for the reminder, completely forgot about the save states as i hadnt used PCSX2 properly in about 2 years( in terms of playing something start to end ).

yeah im happy enough with the HD collection, i picked it up second hand for ~20euro, go for it if you can get it cheap, tbh i just like having 1-4 playable on the PS3. Controls wise theyre pretty much the same if you played the Subsistence MGS3 on PCSX2 i.e. has the same camera as the HD versions( however im 50/50 on this over the original base PS2 version ).

My only issue with the PCSX version was the slight lag, maybe i could get used to it but if i was getting wasted in a boss fight i would just blame the lag rather than my own crap skillz lol.

Textures sometimes look absolutely 2004 era on the HD versions in cutscenes that didnt look as bad on PCSX, particularly at the building on the first mission

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I agree, normally I would emulate but I just want something plug and play for the three games.

17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    It's my understanding that all emulators do this, unless there's a hack to unlock framerates like some gamecube games on dolphin. Play starfox on zsnes and it still runs like crap.

Like, i'm playing xenoblade on the dolphin, it's running at 30fps, or 25fps on the pal version.

I think PCSX2s FPS counter is just a bit broken, I found a discussion all about it when searching around just an hour ago

18. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Ive tested at 30 fps and tested at 60 fps and the difference is night and day.
    It does make a difference, a huge one at that fact. This is the Subistence NTSC version and not the 50hz/50fps PAL version.

60 fps windows mode.....
    [​IMG]

Exactly the same full screen.
    [​IMG]

Keyboard commands for save states
    F1 = save savestate to current slot
    F2 = cycle through savestate slots
    F3 = load state from current slot
    F4 = toggle framerate limiter
    F5 = toggle interlacing modes
    F6 = (GSdx: toggle aspect ratios) / (ZeroGS: cycle through 'anti-aliasing' levels)
    F7 = (GSdx: ?) / (ZeroGS: toggle wireframe)
    F8 = take screenshot (saved to 'snaps' folder)
    F9 = toggle between hardware/software rendering
    F10 = enable/disable logging
    F11 = ?
    F12 = start/stop video recording

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    There is a 60fps patch for xenoblade. I have the files if youd rather not go hunting for them yourself.

20. typeAlpha

typeAlpha Guest

GPU:
    ATi 7850 2GB
    As someone who loved the first game, but really didn't like the second, raiden and all that blah...never completed it, do you think I'd like the 3rd? Played the original on my PSX and thought it was amazing, recently did a playthrough of it's remake/revamp on Dolphin and enjoyed it. Just don't know about 3, which is the best version to get?