The Witcher 3 Official Thread (Pt.3)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Good tip. Though I heard stupid WU will attempt to reinstall say 3D Vision if I don't install it after using DDU. True?

I've not checked the driver profile now when you mention it.

2. Famous627

Famous627 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 760
    Make sure SLI is enabled? W10 reinstalled my nvidia driver and wiped my previous settings during an update.

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    SLI is enabled allright since I got load on both GPUs. It's not that high, around 55% but I guess it's normal for an i7? I'll check profile settings when I come home.

Edit - So yea, this is interesting. I used DDU and tried the new 355.60 drivers but unfortunately something broke and only one card worked. But...I got almost 50fps instead of 30. Then I uninstalled and let WU install 353.62 which enabled SLI but once again swamped my FPS back to 30.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015

5. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    So after I finally got my ursine armor upgraded to master I find out that the guy selling the nilfgaardian suit (which I used most of the game) all of a sudden decided to start selling a version with better armor stats than my mastercrafted Ursine... lol, and someone painted Roach of an ugly dark blue.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  6. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
  7. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    someone plz works on the Skybox , those clouds are ugly

8. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    1.08.1 was just released.

9. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Steam or GOG?

I know for Steam, it autodl'd an 18MB update a few hours ago, but my game is (as of now) still labeled 1.08 in the main menu.

My guess is whatever that small dl was, it had to do with the new modkit announcement. I saw the post for Gopher's Immersive HUD mod, so I installed it into the newly created (by me) Witcher3/Mods folder as the instructions say, and it worked exactly as detailed.

Nice mod, too. Makes screenshots easier, since you don't have to go into the menu and turn off minimap (if you use it).

Anyway, I'm trying to follow this mod situation, and I really hope CDPR has, with this new KIT, or will in the near future, release all the tools needed for the modding community to do their thing. Would suck if there were limitations that prevent all the awesome stuff those guys are capable of...

10. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Gog. Doesn't mention what's changed/fixed though.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Change-log:
    Introduces a retro-active fix to some of the achievements that were amended in the patch 1.08.
    Adds sources for scripts (mod support).

12. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    I just read that they've withdrawn it now as some people reported that achievements they hadn't earned yet had also been unlocked!

13. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    1.08.1 broke the debug console :( Worked perfectly in 1.08

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  15. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I did notice 2 steam achievements popped up on my screen after the small update.

I don't keep track of those things normally, so I have no idea what they were for.

16. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Perfect thank you! Only use it to fix the weather with the cutscene lighting mod and to win at Gwent (can't be bothered to learn to play it as I don't like card games of that nature).

17. superzeus

superzeus Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Question any of have crossed with problems in witcher 3 on windows 10 ?
    I want to up grade but i have my doubts , if i copy the folder with the saves of my game i can still used on win 10 or i have to start from the beginning??

18. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    If you're just upgrading you'll be fine. If you're doing a clean install then make sure you copy your My Documents folder over as well as the game files.
    Witcher 3 on Win10 has been great so far.

19. rolldog

rolldog Guest

GPU:
    2 x Gigabyte 980Ti G1 6GB
    I'm running a Gigabyte 980 Ti Gaming G1 card and haven't had any problems like crashing or anything. I do have one question I'm hoping someone can answer. This game is listed as one of the games that supports Nvidia Surround, but I can't figure out how to get it running in surround. I went into the options/graphics when the game first loaded up, but it doesn't list a resolution that will support my surround monitors. The highest resolution available is in UHD 4K. I've been running 3 monitors for quite some time, but yesterday, my 2 new monitors arrived which are the exact same model and resolution as one I was already using. I was able to setup Nvidia Surround in the Nvidia control panel, so just running Windows runs fine in surround. I'm just wondering, is anyone else running Nvidia Surround, or has run it before, who can tell me if there additional drivers I need to install so the games recognize Surround and then offer a higher resolutions to support surround or is the game supposed to be able to detect it automatically? Like I mentioned, I just got these new monitors yesterday, so I haven't had too much time to try multiple games, just The Witcher 3. I realize that I probably won't be able to run any games utilizing surround until my 2nd GPU comes in next week, but I should at least be able to see an option to run the games across 3 monitors.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

20. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Witcher 3 hard lock up with latest patch randomly, anyone else got the same problem ? need to hard reset my pc for some weird reason.

No problems while playing other games like crysis 3 metro redux, wolfenstein old blood etc etc.

Using windows 7 ultimate and latest nvidia driver.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.