Geforce 353.62 WHQL Driver download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by lunario, Jul 28, 2015.

1. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Rtx 4080
    Same here. Driver update appeared. Why is Windows trying to install .62 over .62 if its already installed?

Windows not mentioning the driver number is ridiculous.

2. wyldmagik

wyldmagik Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA-1070-FTW
    hmm odd, ive never seen it work in windows 7 like that but since upgrading to 10 it worked here as it said it was... hey its windows :D who facking knows lol.

3. Gen Techa

Gen Techa Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 1080TI SLI
    Driver Fails

I don't know about the rest of you. But I run dual 560ti 2 gig each and have a 730 for phys-x on 3 asus 3d vision monitors. My 730 had the triangle explanation of failure (Driver failure) and I can't play games with the 2 560ti's in surround gaming mode (3 monitors as 1). No games for me until hopefully the next driver fix. Ill be looking out. Get it together NVIDIA you had a long time to work on these.

4. MrBeer

MrBeer Member

GPU:
    --
    Jebbel said:
    FIXED

Ok... a little update for you guys and hopefully a workaround (at least for BF4 users). You can go ahead and test this with me. I'm running the ASUS DirectCUII 780's in two-way SLi.

1) DDU your machine and make sure automatic driver installation is turned off; DDU will help you with that -> http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

2) Go and download driver 350.12 (GTA V release driver) for Windows 8.1 x64

3) turn off frame limiters and Vsync across the board

4) test

What I got was around 98 to 99 percent utilization on both GPU's. Vram Usage was back to normal values again; Between 2.2 and 2.8 GB @ 3440x1440, Ultra, 2xMSAA. Granted...this needs further testing but things are looking good. If you find that you get stuttering (independent from FPS) check the Vsync SMOOTH option or play around with the frame limiter from RTSS (ships with MSI Afterburner).

Let's keep the feedback alive!

Cheers.

UPDATE #1

above fix seems to be working like a charm. works best with "adaptive" Vsync. I'm back to old performance again :).

FIXED

Also works with the new driver
    All i did was turn off Vsync

5. izzat0amir

izzat0amir Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 GAMING
    Just my guide before installing win10 with 353.62 driver..
    Assuming u came in win 8.1

1) Disable internet or disconnect internet.
    2) Use DDU to uninstall and ccleaner to clean any leftovers.
    3) Update to Win10
    4) Once win10 installed, quickly open the 353.62 driver setup and install everything except GeForce Experience. I have a problem opening tht once installed.. dont know why, already uninstalled tht crap app.
    5) happy gaming with no BSOD so far on me.

edit:
    i dont recommend using ddu on win10.. because win10 is still new and i dont think ddu is too updated to clean everything as of right now.. thts why i use ddu before installing win10

6. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    clean install W10 don't upgrade from win7/8.1 then straight away install nvidia, realtek etc b4 connected to internet. reboot after finish installed the driver u want to avoid windows update search the drivers.

i don't have any major issue expect some minor issue like fifa 15 still got freeze on the box as usual & nba 2k15 anti-aliasing quality grey-ed out.

7. Shady757

Shady757 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970/GSYNC

DDU is updated for Windows 10, it's been supported since early Technical Preview/Insider Preview days, and I've had no issues running it myself, and, as far as I can tell, nothing is left behind.

If you find things that are left behind, it'd be greatly appreciated if you posted it in the DDU thread.

8. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Borderlands series can be very sensitive to overclocks, especially with Physx enabled.

9. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    It´s the one I had before, drivers don´t allow the game to use more than 1.5gb on the gtx660, needs fixing.

10. genbrien

genbrien Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980
    Just upgrade to Win10 64bit.

Fresh installed from a formated SSD.
    booted fine.
    Downloaded and installed 353.62.
    Rebooted.
    Got a black screen with the mouse pointer visible after the windows logo.
    The only way I have for now to boot is without the driver installed.

Am I the only one getting this?
    Wich driver should I install instead?

thx

11. wyldmagik

wyldmagik Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA-1070-FTW
    is there an issue with these drivers reporting card ram usage? win 10.

I was playing a heavy intensive textured game today and my card said I was using 4732MB....the card gtx 970 only has 4 right or was it 3.5 lol - was running perfectly fine though no issues with lag or stuttering etc lol. most odd :D

12. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Finally sorted my system, just played Assassins's creed unity for 3 hours with zero issues, had to replace the thermal compound on my 980 and lowered my overclock by 20mhz and finally ran the DX redist 2015, 353.62 Windows 10 is now stable, all this for DX12 :wanker:

13. AdamK47

AdamK47 Banned

GPU:
    Verite V1000 & Voodoo 4MB
    Unigine Heaven goes to a black screen at the same point towards the end of the demo at 1920x1080. If I alt+tab back and forth to it, the problem is gone. If I loop it at 3840x2160 the demo will run forever without any problems.

14. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    totally agreed. i don't wish to roll back on W8.1 cos more problem on nvidia driver side. the performance might not be huge but significantly smoother for REALLY.

what i did is clean install with GPT, install realtek, nvidia, intel stuff, etc. before connect to internet. if u guys ever wanna update any driver, please turn off the internet to prevent the windows update automatically running behind the background.

15. vasevase

vasevase Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GeForce GTX970
    Same here, that's what I did as well. I have the updates on now though but installed everything manually before Windows did.

16. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    DX redist 2015 download link?

17. Rafael_Morales

Rafael_Morales Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I upgraded to Windows 10 and the performance of the GTX 970 G1 had performance drop in the Shadow OF Mordor.
    Before Windows 8.1: 88Fps
    Now with Windows 10: 78Fps
    Someone else confirms this performance hit?

Sorry for my English I'm using google translator.

18. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Upgraded to Windows 10 the 29th, now having issues with Win 10, The Witcher 3 and the 353.62 drivers. Full system lock ups.

Hopefully Microsoft or nVidia figure this out soon.

19. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    Welcome to a real forum... well... 353.62 uses a old branch r352 no expect much about these... you may wait for r355 drivers or try install this

http://international.download.nvidi...3.49-desktop-win10-64bit-international.hf.exe

353.49 uses a new r353 branch and for much users work better

20. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    I have some problems with Starcarft 2 DSR mouse cursor not on the good place, is it the driver, the game ???? DSR in SC 2 only works after alt tab.