Windows 10 Thread

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by PhazeDelta1, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The cumulative update has fixed the All Apps bug which previously did not show all of my installed programs and apps. Now I see what appears to be all of them. Read that this fix was coming shortly but it is nice to see it actually fixed. Had it been working originally then I perhaps would not have bought Start10. There again maybe I would have anyway...

*EDIT*
    Forget what I said/wrote...the All Apps bug is there, it's just showing some different programs to what was there before. For example, all my Creative program shortcuts are not showing under Windows 10's default All Apps listing but they do show in Start10's All Programs. :bang:

So good job I have Start10 then!!!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Maybe placebo, but the system feels a bit snappier than before

I'm trying to remember some bugs to test...

3. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    The update went smoothly for me. The only difference I notice so far is that the Windows startup sound now plays where it didn't before even though I had set it to. I hadn't experienced any other bugs since I use Classic Shell for my Start Menu.

I checked Windows Store for app updates and there were none.

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I don't even have a setting to enable or disable the startup sound

5. iafro89

iafro89 Member Guru

GPU:
    7900XT
    Same here

6. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081424

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  8. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    The update keeps failing on my system after rebooting 4-5 times. Even tried it with all non-microsoft services turned off. No luck :(

9. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Trying installing manually.

10. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Thanks, but same result for now.

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I had no problem findings "bugs" to test it on..... If I open the Edge browser, I get a BSoD within 5 minutes.

12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I too had this update today but I also had a new Nvidia GPU driver update as well. When I went to manually check for updates it only downloaded the new Windows 10 update and the GPU driver simply vanished.

I thought it was because I have Windows 10 set to not download drivers through windows update.

So I changed it back to automatically and scanned for updates again... still not showing up?

Strange.... maybe it was pulled?

13. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Wow, I asked earlier, not sure if you missed it, did you upgrade or clean install?

If upgrade, might be worth clean installing, so long as you were genuine before the upgrade, you'll be genuine again after clean installing, no key needed

14. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Yesterday all of a sudden Start screen stopped to work. Event viewer shows multiple
    I have tried to configure DCOM settings with no success...

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I did the upgrade.....and lost my network controllers after a few hours. Being on a laptop, clean install isn't an option as I needed to retain the factory restore partition. I did do a "reset"....which only resulted in constant BSoD's.... I ran the recovery option and now have Win8.1 back. Unfortunately, before it boots into Windows8.1, it reaches a screen asking if I want to downgrade to Windows10 and it halts there.

I would make an image of the harddrive in my desktop and try the upgrade there, except it appears the VRM section of my motherboard is failing and a sudden power loss during an upgrade is usually a disaster.

16. stillmatic84

stillmatic84 Member

GPU:
    RX 6700 OC 10g
    I upgraded my Windows 7 Ultimate to Win 10 Pro and then after the upgrade which was successful, i tried to do a clean install of Win10 but i'm running into a problem. When it finishes installing the operating system and it boots up for the first time saying it needs some info like timezone etc etc i can't get passed that screen because my mouse and keyboard doesn't work for some reason. Any clues on what could be causing that? I tried unplugging the mouse and keyboard and plug it back in but still no luck. Even tried pluging it into different usb ports but still it doesn't detect it for me to get passed that screen :/

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    As long as you keep the factory restore partition itself intact it shouldn't matter what you do with the other partitions right?

18. E^vol

E^vol Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 670 OC
    After never having even 1 BSoD with either Win7, Win8.0, or Win8.1, this morning I had a BSoD on Win10Pro....
    Upgraded, not clean install. Genuine legal copies all around. My laptop and HTPC still seem fine, but my main rig didn't like my 6 year old daughter watching Youtube vids.

19. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    It's a nice theory....but doesn't always work in practice.

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Ok now I'm worried because I was going to do a clean format of 10 Enterprise on my laptop *__*