Sapphire dual-x R9 280X UEFI Bios PLS

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by BraveMaxton, Aug 4, 2015.

1. BraveMaxton

BraveMaxton Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280x DualX OC
    Hello, could someone send me original UEFI bios on the card SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280X 3GB GDDR5 OC (UEFI) 1020/1500MHz.
    I would be grateful. I forgot to backup UEFI BIOS and now it can never be downloaded. I apologize for my English

Thank you very very much. Brave

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  3. BraveMaxton

BraveMaxton Guest

GPU:
    Of course but none of them UEFI :-(

4. metroid046

metroid046 Guest

GPU:
    Palit 3090
    In case no one provides you with a UEFI BIOS, you can use this tool to add UEFI to a non-UEFI BIOS: AMD and Nvidia GOP update (No requests, DIY)
    I managed to add UEFI support to my HD7850 which didn't have UEFI in the first place, so I don't think you'll have any problems adding UEFI to your card. Just make sure that the BIOS that you are adding UEFI support to, is working perfectly in the first place.
    Remember:
    #1 Try this only if you consider you waited enough and no one gave you a working UEFI BIOS.
    #2 I am not responsible for any damage you do to your card. I did manage to add UEFI to my card, but I did my research and I had a backup plan in case something went wrong.

5. BraveMaxton

BraveMaxton Guest

GPU:
    thank you very much but now runs on Windows 10 x64 and here is simply the DOS tool will not start. I'll have to hope that someone sends me BIOS.

6. metroid046

metroid046 Guest

GPU:
    Palit 3090
    Did you try to open the batch file? You are supposed to drag the non-UEFI BIOS on top of the batch file and it will ask if you want to add UEFI support to it. Confirm with Y and press enter and you should find the updated rom in the same folder.

In case you already did that, and that's what you meant, then sorry and ignore my explanation from above.

Anyway, if you want, you can upload somewhere a working BIOS for your card and give me the link, and I'll add UEFI support myself. I'm on Windows 8.1 and the tool worked fine for me.

7. BraveMaxton

BraveMaxton Guest

GPU:
    I could send you an email? Because there can not send a link because of the small number of posts. Promptly send a link to download Bios. My email is Brave.Maxton @ seznam . cz
    Thank you and sorry for such a procedure

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Just post the link with hxxp instead of http

9. BraveMaxton

BraveMaxton Guest

GPU:
  10. metroid046

metroid046 Guest

GPU:
    Palit 3090

11. BraveMaxton

BraveMaxton Guest

GPU:
    Thank you so much. Its work

12. metroid046

metroid046 Guest

GPU:
    Palit 3090
    I'm glad I could help.

13. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    It's interesting...my HIS HD 7850 2GB came with a UEFI bios (GOP) stock. Here's the number:

113-SW2GO2-205 part #
    2012/12/04 Bios date

I actually never gave it any thought until I read this post and investigated https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/ ...and saw that none of the 2GB 7850's offer a GOP(UEFI) bios...!

Tried to upload the bios from where I now have the card installed, but GPU-Z says they already have it--but, they don't...(?) I put up all the 7850 bioses and none of them exactly matches the above bios number...They do, however, have several UEFI 7850 2GB bioses on tap...strange the database wouldn't take this one...all of the HIS bioses listed are non-UEFI...

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015