PSU -recommendation

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by dbogss, Jul 31, 2015.

1. dbogss

dbogss Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix-RTX-2080
    Guys i need a new psu for may old sistem:
    -i72600k-4.4
    -16gb ddr3 corsair 1866
    -780gtx
    -ocz 120 ssd

2. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

How much are you willing to spend? Also, are you planning on any upgrades in the next say, 2 years?

3. dbogss

dbogss Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix-RTX-2080
    ...this one is not getting any upgrades...just to have it running;and i don't want to spend to much money since the psu is probably going to end up in my new rig next to my nitro 1000w in the end;like an add on.

4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Not sure how one would go as an addon, ideally you would have just the PSU.

In that case, I would tend towards a more good budget solution (without going to a poor PSU), otherwise I would recommend a higher end PSU. Of course, many on here would recommend a Corsair or Seasonic. They are great PSU's in general, however they are a bit costly considering, and the more budget friendly option in the Corsair range probably aren't the best when you consider there are possibly better options for a similar price.

For example, the EVGA SuperNOVA G1 Gold 650W Power Supply locally is basically the same price as the Corsair CX-750 V3 or the Corsair CS650M. I would much rather go for the EVGA unit :). These of course, aren't as good as PSU's costing twice as much for a similar power rating, but the EVGA should be a good, cost effective solution.

You probably wouldn't need any more than 650W for that rig.

That said, for just a little more, you could get the EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Gold, which definitely would be a great buy if you can get it for the same price (in comparison to other options) as you can here in Australia. That is the same price as the Corsair CX-850, and I would be comfortable saying the EVGA is the superior unit of the two.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2015

5. dbogss

dbogss Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix-RTX-2080
    Thank you

6. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

If you can get the EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Gold for not much more than the EVGA SuperNOVA G1 Gold 650W, go for that instead :). It just depends on the price and availability. Both are better than most other options around that pricepoint.

7. dbogss

dbogss Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix-RTX-2080
    Thanks again.:bigsmile: