Windows 10 Thread

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by PhazeDelta1, Jul 29, 2015.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    To quote myself from an earlier post...

2. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Pretty much.. It's weird.. I like Windows 10.. It's stable, light on resources, works etc..

But.. Then there is the "This is Steam Early Access" feeling to it..

3. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Agreed. It took me ages to finally cave in and move over to XP.

4. soryuuha

soryuuha Member

GPU:
    xxx 270 xxx
    upgraded from w7 to w10, alot of app need ard 2-5min startup. is this normal?

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80073D0A: Store.

Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80246007: Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Runtime Package.

I get bunchs these error for alot "apps" and apparntly it cause firewall is disabled? that is rather stupid, guess i will see alot those error.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  6. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    My upgrade installed with Cortana completely disabled. When I was running the preview in a dual boot, I had disabled it there. Maybe that's why it's disabled now. It never even asked about it during the upgrade installation. The preview was on an HDD that is no longer in the machine.

7. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Momma microshaft knows what's best for you. You're going to take their security or use nothing at all :infinity:

8. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    You're right, it does make sense to wait.

I did make a disc from the files in the $Windows.~WS \Sources\Windows folder. It doesn't boot but you can run the setup from it.

9. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    ... you DO know you can switch back to the full-screen Windows 8/8.1 style Start screen in Windows 10, right?

I don't get why people keep trying to bring back the Start Menu of old.

I will say that so far i think one of my FAVORITE little updated features of 10 is being able to snap windows to not only the left or right side, but can also snap a window to a specific corner, so it'll only take up 1/4 of the screen. And if you have several different windows open, and you snap one window to the left or right, or if you snap 3 windows to different corners, and still have at least 2 more windows open in each situation, it'll kinda have a task-switcher view of sorts to pick which window you want to take up the remaining spot, if any. Could come in handy...

10. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    ?

[​IMG]

Ah...read your issue again. What you need to do is using the 'old' Control panel, go to "Security and Maintenance" then 'Change Security and Maintenance Settings". There you can actually turn off the Notifications about the Firewall being disabled. As you can see, they are still merging different functions in Win 10. Hopefully they will get the interface more consistent.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Sometimes people like how something works.

There is nothing wrong with liking the new start/metro hybrid interface despite it being poorly designed.

There is also nothing wrong with wanting a simple functional interface that works perfect in every way, hence why replacements for lack thereof has become a thing, You can thank Microsoft for that xD

12. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    No, how would I have known that? This OS just came out...

I did however find that feature on my own, and it's vastly preferable to the default layout. I don't want Win 7's menu back, I was fine with Metro, and that was the problem.

13. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    WIN 2k wasn't really a home OS iirc, more of a server/client (Business) OS, I had it and it was the most stable OS I ever ran back then though

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  15. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super

16. MichielS

MichielS Guest

GPU:
    8 gb
    Fix for Windows 10 on High DPI

I had the same problem as you people, that in a lot of control panels and applications the font was very blurry and unsharp.
    Ive tryed every option at the screen properties to make it go away. But all failed.
    This link will fix your problem permanent:

windows10_dpi_blurry_fix.xpexplorer DOT com *
    * DOT = . (without spaces in between it)

I hope someone at this forum with a higher level as myself will post the link correctly here. Since im a new member i cannot post links yet.

Or google for: windows10_dpi_blurry_fix , and check for the link

17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Starting to get used to it.
    I still prefer stock 8.1 from a usability point of view but as the wife keeps reminding me, i also moaned about W8 when i first started using that as well, so it wouldn't surprise me if in 6 months time i'm slagging off anyone who prefers 8.1.

No huge complaints from her either on her laptop since i forced the update when she didn't need/want it, think she has only played Sims4 so far so though.

18. soryuuha

soryuuha Member

GPU:
    xxx 270 xxx
    it seems that no one experience application locks-up/slow startup after 7/8.1 updrage to w10..hmm

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Clean install

20. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Ahhh.. Thanks.. Yeah.. The old "flags" settings.. That did it... Thanks again!