353.62 WHQL (Windows 10 Only)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MoKiChU, Jul 25, 2015.

1. ColdFlo

ColdFlo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA780ACXSCMSI780GMSI680
    This is still not a solution and no way the gaming is as fast and fluid as 353.17(this is like a turbo gaming driver on my 780 SLI) this is one of those mobile icafe drivers again. Avoid these like the plague their a pain to tweak and they have crap performance.

2. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    Exactly the same thing happened to me for my 770 but after reboot i had no CP.
    tried installing them from software distribution folder but the download is corrupt.
    I was forced to use DDU and install the modded ones by Extraordinary..Thanks.

3. Antares88

Antares88 Guest

This is just sad.. They better not force drivers through WU after the 29th.

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah that's happened to me too with other WU forced drivers. I reinstall from the cab file in Windows folder. I don't understand why nvidia lets MS push through their drivers in such a botched manner. Nvidia's installer does it np.

5. russ1

russ1 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 Hurricane
    Same happened to me after a restart they say they have installed. But checking Nvidia control panel, system information, components the only thing changed is the NVCUDA.DLL all other .dll are from previous driver. And checking WU it say's everything up to date. I have 2 computers running windows 10. This one and one with a GTX 460 and both show same problem after driver update.

6. RamGuy

RamGuy Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
    There is nothing wrong with pushing driver updates through Windows Update, this is the only way to ensure most users are actually getting them.

The problem is the fact that Microsoft does not seem to really knowing what they are doing when pushing various iCafe drivers and whatnot through Windows Update. There needs to be way better collaboration between Microsoft and NVIDIA for this to work.

And NVIDIA really needs to get their act together.. They've released a bunch of Windows 10 specific drivers thus far, and none of them are working that well with my 2x GTX 980 setup. I still need to keep SLI disabled for the system to work as it should without various slow-downs in the UI and various other Windows 10 UI glitches as well as crazy issues in-games.

7. BrianJ_64

BrianJ_64 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    The iCafe drivers weren't a problem.

This new NON-iCafe WU driver has a broken Nvidia Control Panel set-up file in it. that's just :facepalm:

8. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    If you check in the downloaded driver folder these WU drivers are iCafe...
    Plus no PhysX.

9. BrianJ_64

BrianJ_64 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Yeah but the driver delivered through WU is broken.

10. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Is there a way to disable Driver updates in W10 WU? Or at least make you pick which you want. I really dont like that fact that I cannot choose what it will install.

11. Carstuar

Carstuar Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX680 Twin Frozr III
    Not yet. Your best bet is sending feedback to microsoft expressing your displeasure with their decision to remove this option.

EDIT: There MIGHT be a way with group policy settings if you're on Pro or Enterprise. I'm on Home, so I'm screwed.

12. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    Yep forgot to mention that too, but i already posted that problem in the windows 10 section.

13. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

14. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Extraordinary
    Thank you!

15. Carstuar

Carstuar Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX680 Twin Frozr III
    That's a crappy workaround, and doesn't really help reduce how disruptive these automatic updates can be. If I leave my computer running over night, it'll automatically restart despite multiple programs running with unsaved data, because it sees that I'm not actively using it. The only valid solution to this problem would be to let us choose which updates to install and when to install them, just like it was in Windows 7 and 8.

16. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    :)

Preaching to the choir, for now that's the only slightly useful workaround available

Someone on MDL posted this
    http://www.portableupdate.com/

You'd need to switch update policy in gpedit to 'notify before downloading' for it to work though

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Windows 10 seems to default to restarting your PC post-update at 3am in the morning so my advice would be to change that to a time that you know you will be at your PC, say, 8-9am or in the evening for example.

18. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    I had the same error msg , then reboot and working perfectly fine with nvidia control panel.

19. Stev0

Stev0 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN Sc SLI
    SLI crash in BF4,out of memory,same as all the others.
    why cant nvidia sort out this crap. :bang:

20. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    What to do [​IMG]
    I used Cyris's driver repack