Disappearing ZXR

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by X7007, Jul 26, 2015.

1. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    I have this issue since I got this card and so the rest of the Z-ZX-ZXR owners, this card just doesn't detect in windows after SHUTDOWN or DEEP RESTART (COLD RESTART) . If you only restart after it is still work, it will keep work until you do the shutdown or change something in bios that cause it to cold reboot.

It only happens with SSD, I had my HDD windows 10 installed and it didn't happen once, not a single time, like more than 40 shut downs and Cold reboots, none.

But since I reconnect my SSD, again and again, happens with my Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB and Sandisk Extreme Pro 500 GB , new windows 10 installation and it happened. happened to me even without UEFI in windows 7 with the SSD. I tried everything , nothing works, I tried every single bios setting, I tried reset to Optimize, nothing change the doom time the card will disappear and will show up as ID Recon 3D card. RMA is an issue I'll need to send it to amazon and I live in Israel, and I don't know if this even fix the issue.

Can someone tell me a QUICK or a Permeant fix for this issue ? I can be stuck without audio for ages till it get fixed again, and then it comes again. it's driving me crazy.

2. jadium

jadium Active Member

GPU:
    NVATI
    yes it's a well known bug of the Z series. The first card designed to slow down your PC...i mean you need two thing for this to disappear:

1) Slow down your startup sequence the more you can, giving the time to the Z to be detected/post during the boot. (add an additional boot device - usb / full count/check of the ram etc)

2) slow down the Z PCIE to 2X or 1X

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  3. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    I tried both of them with full delay on the bios startup, it just didn't hold on the second turn off.

anything else that fixed it ?

4. jadium

jadium Active Member

GPU:
    NVATI
    Well, if you did all that, you can pretty much do nothing more, it's a design flaw, it can only be fixed by a firmware at best, either your mobo taking into account the timing needed by the Z, or a Z firmware (there is no official ways as far as i know to do that)

5. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Doesn't creative know about the SSD + Card issue ? I mean there must be something. Someone said update his mobo firmware fixed the issue.