Review: ASUS Radeon R9 Fury STRIX

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 13, 2015.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    can't hit 1500 on the core? :(

I'm having a great time with my 970. You sound really aggressive. You won't last long.

2. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Short time I got to test was clocks in sig on stock volts. Testing that with gta v and heaven and valley. 1500 plus may be doable with a slight voltage increase.

3. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Good clocks for stock tbh.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I had to up the voltage a single notch in MSIA to get the 970 pump out 1500mhz on the core 24/7 #stableneverevercrashnomatterwhat.

Otherwise I would have had to settle for 1450mhz with stock vcore. Nothing wrong with 1450mhz, but 1500 is just so much better, as far as numbers go :)

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Probably a notch or 2 will do it for me. Going to see if the hynix rams can do 8000.

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    lol talk about offtopic, nvidia gpu OC'ing in AMD gpu review thread..

Some Mod should delete all this nonsense.

7. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Thank you for that, was very interesting though with some questionable testing techniques (BF3 multiplayer?).

Though in my opinion, from reading through it and looking at the graphs, it looks like the original beta drivers were rushed out like hell before they were ready, with the first "real" release driver being the WHQL. And like you said, GCN is a very mature architecture at this stage.

Still, thanks for actually linking something to back up your statement and interesting food for thought. :)

8. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Hunter nobody but you seemed to mind those posts.

9. I am not a liar, I don't know if 980ti (or any from 900 series) suffer from the same thing, I do know that after testing 600 and 700 series they did suffer the same problem (and before i ahd contact with them, i was pointing out that idk). Play some reflex based game on radeon/AMD GPU (any radeon/AMD that is capable of pushing at least playable framerate), then swich to nvidia cards, if you don't feel the difference (lag), then, you are good, it might be the case that there is no difference at all (not my experience tbh...). Anyway, As I said, I don't really care, all i know i will not buy green card ever again, since I always had those problems on green (lags, even stutters and all sort of nonsense).

All i can say, great, good for you, hope you enjoy it. Me aggressive? I never called anyone stupid here or tried to insult anyone, to the contrary, that was my response towards attempted insult (ofc., insults does not work that way, I can't be insulted...).

10. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Well had 600 and 700 series cards too what are on about??