AMD Catalyst 15.7 WHQL Driver - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, Jul 8, 2015.

1. brightbule3921

brightbule3921 Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor AXRX460 2G/OC
    Yes I can do that.After reboot, I have new resolution to choose.

2. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    No need for the VSR option :)
    Next time after adding or removing a custom resolution, run restart64.exe, no need to reboot.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  3. brightbule3921

brightbule3921 Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor AXRX460 2G/OC
    No,I do not have this value.(win8.1 x64)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  4. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    *No need to reboot :)

5. MatrixNetrunner

MatrixNetrunner Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor PCS+ R9 270X
    The only times I had a problem with AMD drivers I was trying to do something not really recommended, for example watching flash videos while running a heavy OpenCL compute task. In normal use it was very trouble free, but then again I have only used a desktop build in the last 2 years.

6. Wikus57

Wikus57 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire r9 280x tri x
    Thanks you AMD for eztending vsr to the 280x amd don't release so much driver updates as nvidia does but atleast when they do they fix and update alo of stuf....I don't know why people go so on about amd drivers though since I moved to amd from nvidia I've never had problems with there drivers....ok I understand the cpu overhead and all but if I had an i3 for example and were to upgrade to a i5 there wil be a performance increas in fps were invidia not so much so you can see where you money is going be honest amd gpu has more powerfull hardwear for the same price you get more and if the can get rid of the cpu overhead and mature there drivers to that..they wil kick ass

7. WaqasR

WaqasR Member

GPU:
    Saphire Radeon R9 270X
    lol:)

8. fixel

fixel Guest

GPU:
    Fury X
    Not really sure why the 'lol amd driver' thing is still going. The last 2 nVidia cards I owned I had innumerable CTD's, 'Display driver has stopped working', etc. Game performance was good but the stability was seriously lacking.

I've had no problems with AMD other than Crossfire. It'll be a long while before I ever consider Multi-GPU again.

9. N0bodyOfTheGoat

N0bodyOfTheGoat Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    Is anyone else finding that if they change to a lower resolution which in the past supported a higher refresh rate eg. 1280x800 @ 75Hz, it will not allow the change and changes to 60Hz instead?

GPU scaling is off in CCC.

Is this related somehow to VSR not showing foe me and others?

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    If being sold out in under an hour after each batch is listed on shops as fail, then you are right.

1st batch sold out in 15 minutes. After 2 weeks usually around 30 minutes as people do not know when it will be listed.

And btw, with initial driver, Fury X was competitive with 980Ti at 2160p. It struggled at 1080p/1440p.
    But if reviews shown that it actually is utilized around 20~50% on those resolutions, then people would understand that the being just around 20% below 980Ti there can get it way above it.

Now, while it was already quite utilized at 2160p, there are little to no gains on that resolution from new driver (not needed anyway).
    But both release drivers 15.15.0000 & 15.15.1004 were damn bad at 1080p/1440p in comparison to 15.200.1040 which was not written for Fiji core.
    And then jump from 15.200.1040 to 15.200.1023.10/15.200.1046.0 was again night and day difference.

11. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    CF is largely the reason I am displeased with AMD drivers in 2015. I wanted 60FPS @ 2560x1440 when I bought my cards, multi-GPU was the only option then, either from NVIDIA or AMD. I had been quite happy with AMD cards previously and the price/performance was much better, so I went with AMD.

Now, for these drivers. TW3 is somewhat smoother, in-game AA works for me with no glitches and decent CF scaling and the flicker is gone, but water sim is still broken. Much better overall, but still slightly broken.

I also played some GTA V, performance is MUCH better than the original CF driver, I can run VSR 3200x1800 and it only drops to ~50FPS in some very grassy areas (grass is on Ultra), otherwise it's a completely solid 60. I run it with nearly everything maxed, except no MSAA (I prefer VSR), High Postprocessing (I don't need the blurs and it had some odd stuttering issues, haven't tested it on 15.7 yet) and one of the advanced shadow settings turned down. Very happy with GTA V performance now. I had some odd crashes though, once the image froze but I could still hear game sound/radio and my friends on TS, another time something very odd happened, mouse input became slow/stuttery/delayed somehow and every time I'd move it at all I'd get beeping.

Also, it's great that CF FreeSync is finally a thing, though I don't have a FreeSync monitor yet.

Overall these drivers are pretty damn good. If only AMD were capable of providing this level of software support for a game when it releases, I'd be perfectly happy with buying their hardware and recommending it to others as well.

12. mustrum

mustrum Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 2080 TI
    Agreed. Crossfire is the only thing that keeps troubling me. Support is lacking or slow while performance is superb if it works. If you are a Single GPU user AMD drivers are a non issue in my opinion.

13. motov8

motov8 Guest

GPU:
    2x 280X
    VSR is good on watching movie in 1440p on 1080p display. Or 4k on 1080p.
    I dont see any advantage on gaming, bcuz u need really powerfull card to go 4k and if u got this u just play on native 4k (i suposse u got also money for monitor 4k)

14. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Any average player does proper downsampling from 1440p/2160p video to 1080p at bsame/etter quality than AMD/nVidia downsampling methods use.
    As far as gaming on 4k goes. Native 4k = 60Hz = not good.
    1080p/1440p do up to 144Hz, Downsampling from higher resolutions should allow to keep that refresh rate (not fully working atm.).
    Playing BF4 at 1080p@120Hz with in-game downsampling is really nice thing visually and is still fluent.
    Using 2160p driver mode turns it to 60Hz, it looks same but is no longer that smooth.

15. Lemwise

Lemwise Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 280X Gaming
    I have to say I'm very pleased with this driver. It shows the 280X still has some life left in it. I've gotten a nice performance boost in all my games so I see no reason to upgrade this year. I'm going to wait on Arctic Islands. One of the things I really like about this driver is FRTC. I really helps to lower the power consumption and temperature.

16. dox_aus

dox_aus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi 290 Gaming CF
    Frozen black screens after sleep are back with a mega vengeance with these :(

17. jjsmith

jjsmith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire ATI HD7870 2Gb
    I have uninstalled drivers / used DDU. No VSR option here - weird that they would state it as supported but not implement it properly :/

18. Gregorez

Gregorez Guest

GPU:
    CFX MSI R9 290 Gaming 4G
    I don't know what is wrong but Witcher 3 tears like hell for me with 15.7.

Tearing is visible in bottom part of screen and is strongest in native res 2560x1440.

Of course v-sync is on in game and additionaly i tried with FPS cap in Afterburner or in driver but it does not help.

It's first time v-sync dosent help with tearing for me.

D3DO vsync does not help either.

Renaming witcher3.exe to sdhdship.exe removes tearing, so it's looks like profile for W3 don't work to well for me.

15.200.1040 was ok.

Any one with similiar config can check Witcher 3 ?

Thanks in advance.

19. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    No issues installing. All the options functioning great. Have seen improved play in three AAA game so far. :)

20. dejan_ibanez

dejan_ibanez Guest

GPU:
    XFX 290X
    I'm not gonna download any new driver which doesn't support 4k VSR on my 290.
    such a shame AMD still didn't implement 4k to 290's. Modders can do it, but they can't?. No performance gains are worth unless 4k VSR is supported for me.