AMD Catalyst 15.7 WHQL Driver - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, Jul 8, 2015.

1. brightbule3921

brightbule3921 Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor AXRX460 2G/OC
    I done this step by step on Windows 10 x64 10162 and VSR option still not showing.I have tried several times to uninstall--safemode--ddu--reboot-install, but same result.

Driver: amd-catalyst-15.7-win10-64bit.exe
    DDU: 15.3.0.4

Do not know why GPU-Z shows Win8 but this is Windows10 Pro insider preview x64:
    [​IMG]
    I am not going to do this(DDU) on my win8.1,I will report this to AMD.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  2. MatrixNetrunner

MatrixNetrunner Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor PCS+ R9 270X
    I'll check both DVI and HDMI VSR, but I need to install the driver first. See you in a few minutes.

3. Kurter

Kurter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d Radeon 7850 1GB
    I done this steps just like you on my HD7850 and Windows 8.1 x64. No VSR for me :/ Hope someone will find out how to fix it

4. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    What's your VSR resolution limit?

5. KillerSupra

KillerSupra Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2GB@1100
    We're in the same boat then...xD

6. idboms

idboms Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280x WF3 rev2
    Woohoo! Finally we're out of beta. Before Windows 10 RTM too! :banana:

No more limited features to the "new" cards, yeah. That was a proper mess! But! This is a good day! Thanks AMD!

7. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli

Thanks a bunch, so this means older games will not be supported from the get go unless it is implemented, got it.

Vram stacking speaking.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  8. TechnikL

TechnikL Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X 1130/1300
    They were talking about the 5970, but it has support anyway, nothing to complain about :)

9. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    What *required* hardware might that be?....;) VSR is just supersampling FSAA in a different package--instead of picking 2x,4x, 8x, etc., you can name your resolution and downsample from there...all you really need is sufficient vram--2GBs & up ought to do it nicely. "Supersampling", as I'm sure you already know, is "downsampling from a higher res to a lower one"--it's always been that from its introduction. Once you have the supersampling hardware in place, VSR is strictly a matter of software...I've seen it from the start as --yawn--yet another marketing gimmick coined by nVidia and sold to the n00b masses--which AMD unfortunately has to emulate to keep the n00bs happy...;) What did you think VSR was, I wonder?

10. MatrixNetrunner

MatrixNetrunner Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor PCS+ R9 270X
    I get additional 1920x1200, 2048x1536 and 2560x1440 resolutions when I enable VSR on both HDMI and DVI connections, for my 1920x1080@60Hz monitor. So something is wrong, because according to the table, I shouldn't get 1920x1200 and 2048x1536, but instead there should be 3200x1800.

Now my hypothesis is that VSR gives you at most 3 additional resolutions (because of reasons), and in my case 2 non-16:9 resolutions get added to the list instead of the available 16:9 resolution.

I used DDU to remove the previous driver, no problems with the installation.

11. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Awhile back. AMD PR here said that VSR is only supported on new GPU's because of needed hardware.
    Later on, a registry edit was found that enabled it for most cards (down to 79xx at least).
    From then on it's been never ending :)

12. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Yes, I'm going to install again, but so far, VSR seems broken for me, too. Maybe there's something I've overlooked, but I read the driver read.me twice and it definitely says 7000-series supports VSR--GCN inclusive, and I do get the frame-limiting option, but that's something I'll never use...

13. Dreamcream

Dreamcream Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280 Dual-X
    VSR are working but Frame limiter isn't working in my pc :S

14. MatrixNetrunner

MatrixNetrunner Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor PCS+ R9 270X
    Didn't they first enable the VSR for R9 285 that has a dedicated hardware scaler. They then said that other cards will be supported later with a shader based image scaling. But that took a long time to be officially released, although it was present in the drivers for 6 months or so.

Well they did not get it 100% right even now. Although it works great for the available resolutions. You just don't know what you get.

15. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Yep, I remember. But I also heard from AMD at the time that VSR support for the 7000-series would come "later"...;) I was hoping this would be the "later" they spoke of, but now I don't know as it seems broken for my 2GB 7850. I'm going to a new card soon (AMD) but it would be novel to get it running, though...:) This will go to the wife to replace her HD 5770...which is really long in the tooth because it doesn't support GOP and therefore I can't set up secure boot on her UEFI system.

16. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Same thing for my 7850 2GB...been a long time since I've seen the "Alternate DVI operational mode"...! Years, maybe...i guess that has something to with either your monitor or your connection to it.

One thing, though...I am running a mini-DP-to-HDMI cable--which has worked perfectly for several months (bought it on a whim), so I wonder if that might have something to do with it...

17. MatrixNetrunner

MatrixNetrunner Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor PCS+ R9 270X
    I have a 270X (HD7870) and it works, so it will get fixed (probably).

18. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Guest

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    Still no 4k VSR this driver has been a huge disappointment but it works good on windows 10

19. AmD6000

AmD6000 Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 960
    I like this Options, VSR and Maximum Frame Rate. Thanks AMD!

20. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    WRONG.

This is the initial VSR resolution table from 14.12 release notes (omega) December 2014:

[​IMG]

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMDCatalystOmegaWINReleaseNotes.aspx

Edit 1: A nice pic in this post will be better but taking a snapshot of a web and edit the image is not an easy job from my tablet....I'm out of home.

EDIT 2: A couple of apps later and some minutes spent with my sausage like fingers over the screen and the pic is up!

Edit 3: Pic size corrected...

:D