Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Just because it technically works doesn't mean it's well designed. I'm not touching the game again personally until the stutter is fixed.

2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    While it can be fun IF you have friends to play with, it's a pain to play solo. I much rather prefer free roaming in single player instead of playing multi alone and get trough all the queues, lobbies, loadings etc.

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    A 400 MB update was released, Rockstar will probably have the changelog up on their support website later today.

EDIT: Also includes a social club launcher update to version v1.1.6.1

4. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Why do ppl empty their garages for the update? :p

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Looks like i'll have to buy another apartment lol, or sell some sh*tty cars i got.

6. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    Is it only in the online part that you can buy an apartment or can you also do that in the singleplayer part ?

7. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Is the stutter still there guys?

8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    You can buy several properties in story mode as well, however you will be limited with cars to the 6 slot garage + 2 in the apartment, so 8 cars per character and for Trevor it's 10 iirc and then you have airport for flying stuff and tanks.

9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Its fine still, its mostly sitting around 50fps, it only drops to around 44/45 every now and then, for split seconds, when it seems to be loading in new parts, thats not bad considering im now on 1440p instead of 1080p, and ive not changed any of the settings, still got everything on, maxed, apart from the Grass on High, and the MSAA off, and its super smooth using FreeSync :)

Will be even better when i get my FX :D

Btw. Just got a 425MB patch through Steam.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  10. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Yeah, the guy only has 2 garages... get another ****ing garage, moron!

11. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    I didnt have stutter before today, but today im deffo having stutter...

12. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
  13. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
  14. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
  15. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    So, woke up this morning. Get on my PC and open up STEAM... see it downloaded an update.
    Got all sort of excited... then saw it was an update for GTA5.
    Was very annoyed it was for a game that's working perfectly fine and not for Arkham Knight.

16. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Thats probably the reason why gta 5 is working perfectly fine, while arkham knight does not... one got all the development time it needed, and is regularly patched afterwards - the other got 8 weeks development time, and still hasnt recieved a single patch.

17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    You do realize the "8 week" rumor was dis-proven, right?
    The 8 week thing was someone misreading a PC version log on SteamDB. Has nothing to do with how long it was in development.

Also, Akrham Knight has received a patch. It got a patch the Saturday after it's release.

18. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Got something stuck in the butt?

Regardless if the rumours were true or not, the point still applies... one got the attention it needed, the other clearly didnt.

19. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    What?
    I was simply asking it you were aware that that rumor was shown to be false. No attitude. No issue.
    Also, pointing out that AK has gotten one patch so far.

Nobody is denying the fact that GTA5 got the time and attention it needed. It's incredibly obvious when you play it.
    And, it's horribly obvious that Warner Bros screwed up the PC release of Arkham Knight. No one is denying that either.
    That's common sense at this point.

Rockstar needed to nail this release though, after the cluster**** that was GTA4's PC release and the following crap that was LA Noire's PC release.
    They really had to get this one right. And they did. And it's great.

Doesn't change the fact that I can be (humorously) annoyed when I'm waiting for a certain update and another one releases for a different title.

20. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Lol

- Everyone randomly leaves freeroam servers leaving you as the only player, (any number of people complaining about that issue on ALL formats)
    - Message pops up saying join job, you bring it up select it (five seconds at the most from message to accepting) wait 30 seconds for it to load only to be told

a). The job is full (then wait while it reloads you in to a new freeroam)
    b). The session has invites disabled (then wait while it reloads you in to another freeroam)
    c). Get stuck at the blurred out apartment screen with no control interactions, only fix is to quit game and reload

- Select random job from phone, wait for it to find a mission (sometimes upwards of five minutes) finds one, loads the job up for you to either

a). get stuck in the above city view screen, where people can destroy your car, see your character but can't interact with you, again control and menu options are disabled leaving you to quit the game and reload as the only solution
    b). Game seems to laod at which you then get dropped back in to freeroam with no idea what has happened.

Starting a game or joining a mission: select mission from phone, wait for it to confirm, wait for it to load, wait for the servers to fill, hope that the host is paying attention, wait for the game to load the vehicle, weapon, player view screen, wait for the game to load the start of the mission / job and if you happen to be playing a heist if anyone leaves instead of dropping you back to lobby with the players left it quits everyone back to freeroam and forces you to then restart and reload.

The game just has so many loading and waiting screens and it makes no sense, a tiny bit of thought and half the waiting around for sh*t to load would disappear.

- Match making is broken, or non existant
    - Their are no options anywhere to dictate server, pings, location or for that matter any form of connection quality
    - Still no in lobby mute
    - Netcode is awful, truly awful but then I guess that is to be expected with no control over who or what servers you connect to.

A game of GTA5

- Connect to PSN
    - Connect to Rockstars Social Club
    - Connect to Rockstars save servers
    - Connect to whoevers PS4 happens to be hosting the game
    - Connect to Rockstars download servers, (you know EVERY mission you play online has to be downloaded from Rockstar at the start, meaning that the quality of your game is tied to the player in the lobby with the slowest connection?)

Their is so many things Rockstar could do to fix the slow game speeds, missions saved locally, dedicated servers, giving players the ability to control who or what servers they connect too, disabling drop to freeroam as the default option if players leave and these issues are just the ones that I can think of at this moment in time.

Like I said two years and the infrastructure, the way the game handles jobs and missions and freeroam are all exactly they same as they were when the game launched, so either Rockstar won't fix it, can't fix it or have no idea how to fix it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.