Watch_Dogs Definitive Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by ThatGuyOverTher, Mar 8, 2015.

1. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    ThatGuyOverTher's lastest version works for someone but doesn't for others, that's a FACT, I never said that it doesn't work for everyone, I usaully believe what people writes here, so I believe that it works for you and TheCrasher, and I expect the same trust when me or Zer01neDev say that it doesn't for us. ;)

That said I also expect people to actually think about things before assuming something and/or talking about it, especially when they have to talk bad about it. ThatGuyOverTher didn't even read my posts (or understood them) and didn't even spent 5 seconds to check my download before assuming things, so yes he actually didn't know what he was talking about, instead he jumped to conclusions, assuming that my files were pointless because he had "already uploaded the fixed version" (despite me and Zer01neDev saying that we still have the loading loop bug with his "fixed version").
    As you can see, and as everyone can see actually, every file in the archive that I've uploaded is different from his, it's very easy to see just by looking at the size, and with my files my game works, same for Zer01neDev, while it didn't with his "fixed version".

Maybe he posted that because he was in a hurry and rushed the posts assuming that his work was perfect and I was just a copy cat, believing that he couldn't miss or something, I don't know, either way it's a good habit to check things before assuming, especially if all the effort required is to read (and understand) what people writes, and all the time required is like 5 seconds to download and open a 2kb archive. That's all. :)

PS: Anyway, you have only 1 post total, you just registered to say this?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  2. shiMar0

shiMar0 Guest

GPU:
    r9
    yes he must be hurry cuz he worked on finnish others for next upadate
    but many guys really want to use that walk motion asap so he released hastily

some guys have a problem lookat files cuz engine can't load ThatGuyOverTher's 0byte files but there was possibility to work fine, also.
    so u filled it with dummy contents for engine to be able to accept files for buggy case.:pc1:
    yeah u did it:)
    oh-so-sure u've already in Definitive Mod's credit. (and it says "special thx to the sliver!")
    but thatguy thought it works with any problem (i'm sure it work on his computer)
    so he can't solve that cuz he can't know what the problem is.
    right?
    u said my "fixed" why did u emphasis this? he must be blown up and embarrassed by this.
    he thought it's alright already. his lastest one was "fix" for him. cuz of his environment:(
    yes, he couldn't recognize how to fix cuz he can't test new fix on his computer! (since no difference old one between new one on thatguyoverther's computer for working properly)
    u could say like this just one line
    "dummy texts fix this bug"
    i'm sure that if u had just said about way to fix that u've found, whoever could take in better feel and check ur "fixed" files.:kissin:

p.s.nope i've already have another account but i forgot its password and email's password cuz i almost didn't use both of them :( what a coincidence.....
    p.s.2 do u think i'm thatguyoverthere, by any chance?
    I am sure u didn't mean that.:roll:

3. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    I couldn't say "dummy texts fix this bug" because I wasn't sure, I still couldn't know if it actually fixed the problem for the other people that had the bug, I was only sure that it fixed it for me, hence why I put the word fixed between quotation marks, writing it in bold or uppercase would have meant emphasize it, while I clearly wrote to TRY my fixed files. ;)
    I can understand that "he must be blown up and embarrassed by this" but there was really no reason to feel like that, especially if he just took a few seconds to read my posts and che my download that he was talking about, instead he jumped to conclusions so... :)
    Anyway I don't see the point of your "defence" and "drama", there's no hate (on my side at least) and no "story", he was wrong, the next time he will avoid making the same mistake, end of the story, this went too much offtopic now, for me it was already over, so get it over with. :D

4. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    The files that i uploaded work perfectly for me, head-bob works, no loading loop.
    When i said that it was pointless of you uploading your "fixed files", i had read your post and downloaded the rar that you included, gladly. I glanced at the inside of the folder, looked at the files, and saw that it was just about the same as mine.
    As i did not have much time, i could not compare the two directly. Nor did i bother to test yours, since mine already works fine.

You lashing out in this manner is in no way proper. I do admit that i did not take the time to compare your files with mine, but with my situation, there really was no point in me testing yours since i already had a head-bob that worked great.

The Silver, you have outstanding work with the 92-fs model, hex-editing, and your cloud gate textures, don't ruin your reputation by lashing out at other people, when you can just converse without anger, confusion, etc...

Hope this clears things up, have a good day

5. shiMar0

shiMar0 Guest

GPU:
    r9
    it's not "defence" "drama" "story"
    i just want to say that u was inconsiderate and improper:mad:

6. shiMar0

shiMar0 Guest

GPU:
    r9
    anyhow here's my test
    raptr make it laggy anyway it looks fine
    youtube.com/watch?v=je82Ozv-poA

7. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Never said anything about that indeed. ;)
    So you said that it was pointless of me uploading my "fixed files" without even examining them, without trying to understand what I was talking about, just ASSUMING that they were pointless because somewhat they looked like yours, however I don't upload fake things just for fun, when I say something it's usually for a reason. So please just don't do the same mistake the next time. :)
    I don't think that defending myself ruins my "reputation", but moreover if I would do the mistake of blaming someone else of doing pointless things only because I didn't had the time to check what they are talking about I wouldn't blame them if they replied upset, but I would simply apologize for my mistake, instead of warning them about their "reputation" and such... :rolleyes:
    Anyway as I said that's all, end of the story, this went too much offtopic, for me it was already over, so have a good day you too. :)

Ok thanks for your opinion then. I though that blaming other people of posting useless things and uploading pointless fixes without even checking was "inconsiderate and improper", anyway I can understand why you think the opposite, and it's fine.

8. shiMar0

shiMar0 Guest

GPU:
    r9
    he thought it's alright already. his lastest one was "fix" for him. cuz of his environment
    yes, he couldn't recognize how to fix cuz he can't test new fix on his computer! (since no difference old one between new one on thatguyoverther's computer for working properly)

Just Copied and pasted from my pervious post
    I need u to understand what this means:(

9. shiMar0

shiMar0 Guest

GPU:
    r9
    Anyone prefer bug reports than humbling one's own work

10. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Returning ON TOPIC, I have a question: Since the old-sprint animation has the right hand always closed as if he's holding a pistol is it possible to use it only when sprinting while holding a one handed gun? This way it will never look bugged because it would play only when appropriate. :)

11. DiiVerZe

DiiVerZe Guest

GPU:
    4GB GTX 970
    Its not possible atm, I asked this a while back and was told that it was being investigated.

12. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    Well, we can try hex-edits, but i am not sure what lines control the positioning of the hands, you can go ahead and look at this if you want.
    If this running animation is fixed then we can have the true 2012 sprint

13. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Ah so there are still no news about that "investigation" I guess, well ok then, not a big deal anyway, thanks for the reply. :)

I've already checked "the hex editing way" but the file's structure isn't recognizable enough to determine which part is the movement of which bone, I have experience of other engines which anims have a fairly straightforward structure so for example I was able to delete entire bones effectively removing any movement applied to that limb, but this one is slightly more complex. :(

On the other hand (pun intended) I've noticed something curious with the lookat removal: the dummy files removes it while Aiden walks with the hands in his pockets, but it seems to be still there when he walks normally (hands out of pockets), do you know if there's any way to remove it from there too? :D It can be clearly seen by looking down while walking just after you stow the pistol for example, Aiden will walk normally for several seconds before putting his hands in the pockets, and it's the same after you jog, Aiden will look up (or down) for a couple of seconds before the hands-in-pockets walking starts. ;)

14. Zer01neDev

Zer01neDev Guest

GPU:
    MSi GTX 970 GAMING 4G
    The probleme with the 2012 sprint, is the scrolling of the map, the character dont run fast as 2012 Demo.

15. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Another problem is that the footsteps don't exactly match with the sprint anim.

(It could be my rose-tinted glasses, since I went back and forth testing framerates with Definitive, TheWorse, and Vanilla) :|

16. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Nope I noticed it too, it seems like it doesn't loop properly or gets cut or something like that, anyway yes there's something off, but that's all we have so you either close an eye on the "pistol hand" and the "looping/footsteps/movement" problems or you simply don't use it, I don't use it because I think that what I gain from this anim isn't enough to make me "close an eye" on all this, but we're all different so it's up to you. :)

17. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    Current ETA: No way possible, since patch method doesnt load move folder .bin files

Yes, you just go and copy all contents from windy/animations/lookat/animations and make them 1 byte file. It's what controls lookat no hands in pockets

Maybe that's why Watch Dogs dev team deleted this anim from use, even on ps4 reveal demo, it had bugged footsteps sounds. However I I use sprint-v3 anim, and it looks awesome both pistol and no pistol, you can see it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALRQzl7lyzg

18. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Ah! Ok that's a pretty definitive answer, thanks! :)
    Yeah, using dummy files for all the lookat anim in this location "animations/lookat/animations/lookat" did the trick! Thank you very much! :D

Ok guys so here's a convenient archive with all the files needed to remove the lookat and restore the headbob for both the normal walk and the hands-in-pockets walk, ready to be extracted in your mod or patch files, it works flawlessy on my side, feel free to try it and report any bug you find: WD_LookAt_Removal.rar :cool:

19. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Question: Is there any place in the map where the reflections match?

And also: The walking is perfect so far, thanks!

[EDIT:] game crashed an hour in. Probably because I was being invaded and the hacker couldn't find me. (my game suffers from game-breaking stutter and lag, even though I am way above system specs)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  20. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    If you mean static reflections there is one place at each district where the image from the static reflection was taken. If you position the camera right they will match :)
    If you're talking about dynamic reflections - to me they're all matching alright.