AMD Driver DLLs Repository and Performance Survey

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by PrMinisterGR, May 30, 2015.

1. Dreamcream

Dreamcream Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280 Dual-X
    Is it really work? Because i tried some of them for GTA 5 and i didn't feel any difference. I think it's not work because still have artifacts in right down of screen when MSAA is on.

2. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    why... are users that lazy?

think about how UAC forces a program to run as admin in order to write something to program files (where many people install their games to)

not everyone installs their games to the default location either, so how is this tool going to know where to go??

basically, the idea of an ez tool is going to be harder on the user that knows which game they want to change & manually copy the files in (explorer makes a fairly simple 'continue' prompt when copying)

you also dont want the hosted files to get hacked/modified, putting a virus on the many users that use it, so it's always better to just have the user know the method, download from amd directly, extract themselves, etc

3. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    It's trivial really. You just drag and drop a couple of files, I even have them separated by API. I'm not shaming, I just believe it would complicate things if it was done by an app.

4. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Just run the tool as an administrator?

And the user has to locate the directory with the .exe file like they do with RadeonPro.

PRMinisterGR has a repository, I don't think not everyone will bother to download each and every driver that has been released within the last two years for just a couple of .dll files? I am not so sure how files hosted in Mega can be hacked and modified like that.

If you don't like the Idea of a GUI, that's fine. But it surely won't complicate things once you see it implemented properly. But I guess you know better than me. :infinity:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015

5. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    1040 here, on TP10x64, on my old-trusted 7950.

Unfortunately I can't use any dll's other than the default on W3 (either it won't start or it will start and immediately close/crash.

Last try yesterday with the 16.6 files.

6. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    It is really much more complicated than you think, and there is the legal issue I mentioned in the beginning, where we can't distribute AMD software as a bundle with other software.

Do you have any kind of program that might hook? Stuff like RadeonPro, RivaTuner, MSI Afterburner, D3dGear, anything that deals with the GPU in general? Also, is the XBOX video recorder on? Can you disable it?

7. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    You could distribute the software and have people download the DLLs elsewhere.
    Other than that. I could write a small tool to take some work off the user but copy/paste the files is just too easy to do without one.

8. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Then you'll have to cover the mess of having to detect game installations. If the user has to find the installation manually, then the simple copy paste is faster and hassle free. It's a lose-lose really.

9. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    It wouldn't detect game installations, too much work. You would add yourself. It would be more of a DLLs manager than a game launcher as a manager would be more useful to me.
    It's not worth it though as you said. I just use 1040 DLLs for my games and call it a day :D

10. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    MSI AB as always, it handles my o/c, monitors my fps etc.

Should I disable it or just the RTSS?

XBOX video recorder? Don't know what this is... Comes with TP10? How can I find/disable it?

Thnx Mr Tsipras. :p

11. Dreamcream

Dreamcream Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280 Dual-X
    Does it need Windows 8.1 for this? Because I have Windows 7 and it's not working

12. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I don't know if it is implemented, since I don't have Windows 10. The Xbox app will have an integrated DVR. Try to run the game without RTSS in the background at all.

Not really. Which driver do you have installed? What card do you have? Which DLL are you trying?

13. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    No deal...

Completely closed/killed MSI AB + RTSS, killed anything XBOX related@services but still didn't work.

Well, I'll stick to the (more than adequate) defaults.

14. Dreamcream

Dreamcream Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280 Dual-X
    I've Sapphire R9 280 and tried many of them, like 1023, 1040, 15.15 ..etc

I copied all drivers to my GTA V.exe folder but i didn't feel anything better. FPS drops and stuttering are same as old driver. I think it's not working because i read that new windows 10 drivers fix artifact problem on right-down of screen in GTA but still have that when i open MSAA.

15. chronos64

chronos64 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 390 8GB
    Just wanted to say a big thankyou to PrMinisterGR

There has been an ongoing crashing issue with Diablo III users in the Desolate Sands and also a few other areas where the only solution that seemed to work was downgrading drivers to 13.x series. This has allowed us to use the newest drivers for everything else and fix the crashing issues.

Thanks again (long time lurker, created this account just to say this)

16. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Thanks for the tip! Make sure to do the survey if you can!

17. amir79

amir79 Guest

GPU:
    r9 285
    i have r9 285 and i dont know which dll i should download
    i tried 1038 in witcher 3 but the game doesnt run

18. MatrixNetrunner

MatrixNetrunner Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor PCS+ R9 270X
    Try DirectX 11 15.15 Arkham Knight DLLs. Those are from the latest official beta driver for 3xx series card, so they will include game specific optimizations for The Witcher 3. You can also try 1040 DLLs, if you are feeling experimental.

I think there was some problem related to 285 cards specifically (game crash after 5 to 10 minutes) at launch.

19. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Windows 10 has game recording built it <3 I recorded some of my world of tanks plays :D But it is off as default so it shouldn't cause any problems. To the earlier question.

20. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Which is your base installed driver? Do you have all Windows updates installed? I would recommend 1040 for gaming as a base install, as it seems to be the best driver even for the Fury X at this point.

Even an installed filter driver can crash like that. It sounds like there is something in the background. D3DGear is the sneakiest of those programs I know (it crashes games without even running), but there might be more.