GeForce 353.38 Hotfix driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Alphy B

Alphy B Guest

GPU:
    980 TI Sli
    As a 980 ti owner with no choice of good drivers, I can't wait to get home to try this driver.:banana:

2. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    so far so good! give it a day to be 100% sure! glad the hotfix was released quickly

3. vandinz

vandinz Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 970
    Yes!

/Does a little dance.

4. Mooshan

Mooshan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor 1080
    Sorry hate to be the bearer of bad news but have installed this driver, ran FF14 online and within 2 minutes of being logged in and having chrome open, the nvlddmkm driver crashed and reset.

So not looking like its fixed.. i'll continue to give some other games a go and see if it continues but not looking good..just to note chrome has hardware accel turned on

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015

5. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    "These HotFix drivers represent a lot of additional work by our engineering teams, I hope they provide value for you. We’ll try it out and see if people like the idea and want us to continue."

I love the idea. PLEASE continue.
    :)

6. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I could be wrong but i don't think these are suppose to fix game specific crashes under full load.
    I think its more the idle TDR with browser or very low usage .

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Is your GTX 970 running at stock speeds or is it overclocked as your system specs suggest?

In my experience, TDRs can be caused by manual overclocking. In fact, until I got my GTX 980 Ti and was forced to use the faulty v353.xx drivers which has the TDR issue (but thankfully I have had very few of them), the only other time I saw TDRs was when I pushed a manual overclock too far, for example, which caused the one I had on my previous GTX 980 SC card. Dropping back to the stock clocks got rid of the issue and I never saw it again for the 9 months I owned the card.

8. Mooshan

Mooshan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor 1080
    its not a game specific crash per say,however every drive for me after the 348.17's have the same issue, which is that if i have chrome open in the background with hardware accel turned on, i get frequent driver crashes as I mentioned all related to the same error, for me its most noticeable if im running a game when chrome is open and it might not be that its idle, under full load the issue remains the same.

im hoping its just a one off and was related to ff14 (dx 11) so will continue to try other games likE witcher 3 and see what happens

9. Mooshan

Mooshan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor 1080
    The card I have is the EX OC version, I also had the issue when I underclocked the card anywhere from 50mhz to 100mhz on the core and memory

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yes, I have had some TDRs in games while playing them with Chrome open (and HW acceleration on) but not too many because I generally do not leave browsers open while gaming.

As such browser-related TDR issues are a rarity for me and I have only ever had one TDR crash while browsing using Chrome which occurred within a minute of exiting a game I had been playing with the browser open. Otherwise I have never had TDRs while just using Chrome or Firefox, even though I watch a lot of YouTube on them too.

11. Mooshan

Mooshan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor 1080
    Yeah I tend to have youtube or twitch playing whilst gaming myself, im on FF14 again (dx11) so far no crash and have twitch playing at the moment, so will continue to play for a bit more than will try some more tomorrow, if something happens in the mean time i'll probably report back here

12. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    well 2 things to try, are you resetting with just Chrome open, normal browsing and then does turning off accell stop or at least lower the TDR ?

Anyway , see how it goes, I don't think we will know until a few days go by .

13. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    I knew a hotfix would be coming!

Thanks for the fixes NVIDIA, finally I can update my drivers again for some good ol' fixes. (Chrome related) :D

14. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Witcher 3 crashes to desktop with this driver.
    Back to 347.88 and it doesn't crash anymore.

15. dsr07mm

dsr07mm Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX980Ti G1 6GB
    Witcher 3 crashes even with 350.12 here and there. We need other games for test.

P.S Retarded question, can I use EVGA Precision X software for ocing my MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G gpu ? :3eyes:
    Afterburner is pain in the ass lately.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015

16. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Yes you can.

What kind of crashes?

Anyone know if this set supports the 980Ti?

17. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    No issues so far, but alittle early after about 4 hours. My initial issue was the "display driver has stopped working" error when using IE. I did not have any TDR's when playing Witcher 3 or any other game.

Will update later since any TDR's with last (4) drivers started appearing approx. after 24 hours.

18. Fuzzylog1c

Fuzzylog1c Member

GPU:
    4x R9 290X
    Has anyone tried this with Windows 10 and the Geforce GTX 980 Ti?

The last few builds have not supported this card under Windows 10, irrespective of the tricks we did to try to get it to work. I'm assuming that everyone with a 980 Ti has downgraded, but thought it was worth the ask.

19. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Do these have the Kepler optimizations introduced in 353.06?

20. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    here you go ,scroll down .

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3694