AMD Catalyst 15.15 (Official Radeon 300 Launch Driver)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by d2kx, Jun 16, 2015.

1. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    And still not working on windows 10 :p Waiting for a proper fix for that :)

@asder00 could you insert my Card device id in a future modded release ?

I have been trying myself but my knowledge is too little i Guess :(

Code:
    "%AMD6939.2%" = ati2mtag_Tonga, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6939&REV_F1
    Thanx in advance

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  2. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    *deleted

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  3. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    You are correct.

4. Brisse

Brisse Active Member

GPU:
    na
    Did anyone get "Frame Rate Target Control" (FRTC) to work on the R9 200 series with this driver (15.15)? I assume this can be done with a registry hack. Anyone?

5. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Any idea when we'll see the 15.20 and 15.30?

In case I haven't repeated it enough, what AMD is doing with the 300 series drivers is disgusting and horrible.

6. realismo

realismo Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 390x Gaming 8G
    Indeed

7. NikeFreak

NikeFreak Member

GPU:
    280X + 7970
    15.15.1004 june20

Article Number: GPU-612
    ***8203;AMD Catalyst™ Driver for AMD Radeon™ 300 Series Products for Microsoft Windows®
    This release provides***8203;***8203; support for the new ***8203;AMD Radeon™ 300 series products for Microsoft Windows® and includes optimizations for Batman™: Arkham Knight.
    www2.ati.com/drivers/amd-catalyst-15.15.1004-software-suite-win8.1-win7-64bit-june20.exe

8. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    These are the 15.15 for the 300 series (lol). They are out almost five days now.

9. NikeFreak

NikeFreak Member

GPU:
    280X + 7970
    the ones on the first page they from 8, if I'm not mistaken, and these newer 20. they also provide support for games "Batman", as in 15.6 betta.

10. rafaelluik

rafaelluik Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 280
    Not exactly the same, notice (...) june20.exe

11. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    They are the latest amd release from the AMD site and yes it is the same :)

12. DmitryKo

DmitryKo Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock RX 7800 XT
    No idea about a possible release from a 15.200 branch, except that AMD should probably have a "Catalyst 15.x" package from this branch ready on or after Windows 10 launch which is July 29.

15.30/15.300 branch is completely made up by me, last year AMD used 14.500, 14.501 and 14.502 as branch versions for "14.x" releases.

There were always "launch" driver releases limited at new cards only.

Older cards might use the exact same GPU, but they are still different SKUs, with new hardware revisions, different memory configurations, etc., so they at least have to go through the usual round of testing - which is not something you can afford when you need to come with a stable polished driver in time for reviewers to benchmark.

This release from the 15.150 branch is actually a slightly modified 14.501, if you consider individual driver versions. It was probably tested and declared feature complete at least 2 months in advance of 300-series release, just as production started. It's primarily meant for reviewers to test and benchmark the samples, and to be packaged on in-box installation CDs.

Meanwhile new important features are being added to the "beta" 15.200 branch, which is going to be the "stable" release "15.x" at some point and will be supported across the entire range. Diverting resources for 200-series support in the 15.150 branch would only further delay the important 15.200 release.

BTW I am not an AMD representative, so I am not really able to pass your feedback further, Frankly I don't think any number of forum posts or support requests would help speed up their driver development for the 15.200 branch. If you have relevant skills, you might consider applying for a programmer/tester position at AMD driver team. Nothing else will help with bringing the driver to the release status.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  13. TeGEZ

TeGEZ Guest

GPU:
    ASUS HD7950 DirectCU II
    any idea how to fix OpenCL on 15.15 asder00 mod ?
    I remember that i reading about it :3

EDIT: Ok, i I found this fix xD :stewpid: xD

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  14. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Again, a dude with a text editor can port them to practically everything, and if his friends are in the mood, he can digitally sign them too. Whatever restriction is completely artificial. This driver branch has been running on cards from the 5000 series on, since January. Not a SINGLE new card from AMD has even a newer GCN revision. Their only "new card problem" is how to feed a GCN 1.2 core with 4096 shaders. There is no excuse. They tried to pull it with VSR, and now they do this until their stock on the new cards goes down. It is disgusting, please don't excuse it.

15. blackdog62

blackdog62 Member

GPU:
    2 Gigabyte R9 290X

16. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    ^ This is a driver discussion thread. What's the point of posting it here?

17. DmitryKo

DmitryKo Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock RX 7800 XT
    No, it's not disgusting, and please don't tell me that the world will end because AMD skips a driver release for some cards in order to concentrate engineering efforts on a newer driver branch.

95% of owners update their drivers once in a while or just never and won't bother installing a new release until specifically told that it will fix their particular problem.

If you think otherwise, just buy a 980 Ti and move on to the GeForce drivers forum.

Oh, "porting" binary executable with a text editor... that's cute. Port the Catalyst driver to my microwave owen please. I really need it a new profile to fix my roast beaf program.

HD5000 series are TeraScale2, not GCN.

18. Dygaza

Dygaza Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    Well, to be honest I don't see this as a problem, as we who care can always uses modded driver for extra performance :)

19. Krelianz

Krelianz Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290x
    why do you even argue when you have no clue of what you are talking about?

he already clearly explained that the problem is not them focusing on new cards but the fact that this driver works on all the cards, they just decided to block the rest of the cards to make the new ones look good,the new cards are rebranded 200 seres except for the fury x, made to charge more than they are currently charging for the 200 series, simple as that, asder modified a file to work with all cards/windows and you think they couldn't do that? but of course you ignore that to make some god awful excuse that doesn't even have anything to do with the problem here

then there is the bs 95% of people don't update drivers, which of course is a just plain stupid made up number, because that obviously is not truth, enthusiast are the people who buy the high end cards and they are the ones that update drivers as soon as they are released, that's why every time there is a new game there is such a lot of people mad asking for drivers or when there is a new driver released with any problem there is a huge backlash on forums and the internet. Btw your post was 100% dumb (see i can make numbers too, difference is mine has evidence to back it up)

20. Dygaza

Dygaza Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    95% might be a bit off, but he's still right that people don't update their drivers much. How many people from gamers follows these forums? 5-10% max. I have a lot friends who I play different games with. And I'm literally the only one who knows when new drivers have been released and what they contain. Ofc us enthusiasts update drivers, but we're the real minority among gamers.