Batman: Arkham Knight

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz

How do u still have the afterburner OSD working, after activating the two gameworks settings ?

Mine just doesnt appear anymore after activating those 2 first settings..

2. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    It can take up to 7 days, i'm still waiting for my Elite: Dangerous refund.

I'm a bit confused why it can take that long.

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    it took 4 days on the dot for me to get a refund from talos principle

4. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I'm now getting a taste of what PS4 owners have been playing and it's slowly but surely turning my opinion to one that is a lot more positive. Having a framerate that is consistently 30-40fps makes a world of difference.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    That's pretty standard for any credit card refund. It is possible for it to happen in 24 hours, but it is extremely unlikely.

On average a refund to a credit or debit card is 4 to 7 business days.

Every place I've ever worked, that's part of the refund process. We have to explain to any customer that gets a refund.
    It can, and in most cases will take up to a week for the money to show back up on your card.

6. Deasnutz

Deasnutz Guest

GPU:
    Titan X 12GB
    Game has a weird lack of definition going on. So many things wrong.

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    they refund me with my both 2 games instantly as i asked wallet. odd. anyway let me start my ps4 of this game. hope it is not sht.

8. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Ah I mean, I got the refund instantly. Took 4 days for the money to appear in my steam wallet

9. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Happens to me as well. U could try playing the horror game Daylight and activate those smoke effects and u will notice that afterburner's OSD doesnt work after reboot also.

In batman the first 2 gameworks crashes afterburner's OSD.

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    On ps4 bought deluxe so season pass. When I enter download content section says buy season pass. But I have it

11. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    And now it's clicking as to just how much of an extension the batmobile actually is to Batman. Shame the game started off so damn weak because even at just 6% complete it's already showing a lot of promise. It's a crying shame such a at times very satisfying game has been swallowed up by technical horror stories instead. Not saying I'm not annoyed I had to fix it myself to make it playable or condoning the terrible launch but all those refunds are missing out on a Batman game that is about as close to a movie as you are ever likely to get in this.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Still waiting for my copy. :p
    I'm hoping that since you could get it running decently Stone Gargoyle, I'll be able to to play it.

13. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I mean, you could get it running well but it's still going to look like garbage without the AO. AO has become so ubiquitous that you don't really notice it anymore but you go without it and it's like you're playing a game from 2005 or something.

14. ravaged

ravaged Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2080 Super
    Nice hyperbole you got there. AO is nice, no doubt, but the game doesn't look like "garbage" without it. It just lacks some depth.

15. deathfrag

deathfrag Guest

16. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah... no.
    AO can add a lot to a game's visuals, but it does not make them.
    There are plenty of great looking games without AO, and there are tons of game that overuse the effect and make it look awful.

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Couldn't agree more. The game even takes place at night so the lack of ambient occlusion is harder to see IMO. I did not even realise it was missing on PC myself until I read about it.

18. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I'm actually finding the game to look visually impressive even on low and even with no AO. Still not sold on character models but everything else is well above par, textures and lighting especially.

Hope the fix I used works for you and others Damien. It certainly turned my frown upside down.

19. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    That's just lazy programming. Rocksteady has really shown the PC version of their series truly is an after-thought. I keep reading these revisionist reports about how great the last game played....no it didn't! Tessellation/DX11 was a mess for MONTHS in the last game.

It's a pattern for rocksteady on PC. And another shoddy port for the platform. All this PC power has only one flaw, the developers need to use it. And use it properly. This game is a perfect example of why I laugh when they claim we're in a new golden age of PC gaming...pffft...

20. Herbert0100

Herbert0100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X 780ti 3gb
    My game is actually running well. cant have the smoke effects on destroys fps when the batmobile comes. But other than that stutter free maxed out. On a rog swift though. Not sure if thats why? only scanned through not seen much about g-sync?

Herb :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.